Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If anyone from Ideal World is actually reading this, I hate the naming and shaming of customers thing you do. And begging them to buy on air. This is called hassling the customer. I would hate for a shop assistant to hover over me in TESCO and say please take this lump of butter to the check out come on Dr Quincy we need you to buy it puh-leeeeaaasssseeeee!*

I know it wont be breaching GDPR laws BUT if I was buying and they kept saying my name (very rare name) what i'm buying and where I live i'd be a bit peeved, Imagine going into a high street shop and the assistant shouting out "thats Lorna from London bought more lotions......." :cautious:

As for them reading the forum, welcome and please join in the posting, all views welcome, it would be a very boring world if we were all the same, I just hope its a two way street, the presenters say they're bit on air and we say our bit on here good and bad (y)

just spotted this on Digital,Spy

Shop on TV is a new company, set up by one of the former Ideal World bosses
https://www.facebook.com/ShopOnTVLive

Some of the original Ideal World/recent Shop Extra Presenters will be doing this.

Again, nothing is connected to TJC/Ideal World Mark III, Hochanda trading as Create & Craft

Starts 1st December on ITV1 & STV

I find it an incredibly immature thing to be doing for their gallery staff (you assume it must be them) to be lifting forum user names to apply to phantom customers? Of course, there may well be a Muttley in Hull texting obsequious messages in, and a cheap dash cam using Hammy from Aberdeen dressed in a cuddle blanket, carrying a plastic cane, but I doubt it. Still, if he had been reading the candle instructions rather than pretend customer messages, he might not have ruined the demo..

just spotted this on Digital,Spy

Shop on TV is a new company, set up by one of the former Ideal World bosses
https://www.facebook.com/ShopOnTVLive

Some of the original Ideal World/recent Shop Extra Presenters will be doing this.

Again, nothing is connected to TJC/Ideal World Mark III, Hochanda trading as Create & Craft

Starts 1st December on ITV1 & STV

Jamie Martin & Martin Purcell

I find it an incredibly immature thing to be doing for their gallery staff (you assume it must be them) to be lifting forum user names to apply to phantom customers? Of course, there may well be a Muttley in Hull texting obsequious messages in, and a cheap dash cam using Hammy from Aberdeen dressed in a cuddle blanket, carrying a plastic cane, but I doubt it. Still, if he had been reading the candle instructions rather than pretend customer messages, he might not have ruined the demo..

Yeah very, while i agree with SCO that presenters can voice a reply to our critisisms etc, the proper place to do it is here, like Grant B and Rob Locke have done, not some childish ficticious story about about hammy walking along the Aberdeen coastline in a sherpa fleece, need a lot more than a sherpa fleece this week. :ROFLMAO:

I know it wont be breaching GDPR laws BUT if I was buying and they kept saying my name (very rare name) what i'm buying and where I live i'd be a bit peeved, Imagine going into a high street shop and the assistant shouting out "thats Lorna from London bought more lotions......." :cautious:

As for them reading the forum, welcome and please join in the posting, all views welcome, it would be a very boring world if we were all the same, I just hope its a two way street, the presenters say they're bit on air and we say our bit on here good and bad (y)

You know what i find strange is, with all the faux pas that happens with the production, graphics, break timings being off, music playing when presenters are speaking etc, you know like a real amateurish outfit, they are able to know who is buying/bought and who has what in their baskets within seconds flashed to a screen the presenters can read out on screen. It's one thing being able to give an exact stock update in seconds to the presenters but to provide the names of customers/potential customers is something else.

Latest posts

Back