Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I found footage (a full episode) of the Christmas Pre-recorded 'Gone Live' from 1989 featuring a celebrity Eastenders V Brookside Double Dare hosted by Peter Simon. If you skip forwards 3m 20s it gets straight to the gameshow:
to echo the other comments, on top of his game and doing a good job of it, a long way from the complete imbecile who found his way onto IW iterations, talking and flogging absolute shite, like a stuck record. What a shame for the guy.

I'd contact the ASA again, but with the amount of transgressions they are making with two fingers up in the air impunity, the ASA would probably report me for serial complaint stalking. Just let them get on with it. Being incredibly harsh, anyone foolish or desperate to buy from them essentially deserves all they get. Saying that, at heart, I still feel very sorry for those who do and buy on the basis they believe all the sales pitch nonsense they serve up.

I don’t normally watch it, but QVC have some really interesting, innovative products this morning. The sort of stuff in a couple of cases I would be keen to think to buy. I switch over to this channel and I’m looking at £10 bobble hats combined with a spy camera or is an MP3 player? Different league. Now that writing pad AGAIN. Who is actually responsible for putting this stuff to air? A child? A sentient being in general?

IMG_2076.jpeg

Peter seems half normal there, wonder why his career has gone how it has
The harsh reality of showbusiness I suppose. Yes talent obviously has a part to play, however a degree of luck helps, being in the right place at the right time, knowing the right people and having a good agent/representation. Also how professionally you as 'the talent' approach your career.

Before anyone starts, I'm not defending Peter S in terms of what he's become on selly telly, I'm simply referring to the fickleness that is showbusiness. Some rise to the top, many don't, all might have equal talent.

Look at Rob Locke. If he'd been successful in bagging a lead role in a major show years back, his career would have taken a completely different trajectory.

Latest posts

Back