Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a bit conflicted sometimes in poking fun at some of the products they sell as many people are on a tight budget and often need to seek cheap and cheerful products e.g. as Christmas presents. So you could make the argument they're catering for that market. However having said that, it just all seems so low rent flogging this and that in the £9.99 - £19.99 price range

I've no issue with £9.99 (+p&p) items but I won't give them a "pass" because the pricing means people on a budget can afford them.

Those £9.99 items simply aren't worth £9.99 .

The shower head from the other day is available right now on AliExpress for £1.08. IW is entitled to make a profit but …that's there's no act of charity in bringing that to air for the hard-up in society to buy. It's a cynical money grab. They were selling it to viewers as an alternative to a £300 power shower (which it can't be) and crowing about what exceptional value it is at that price (it isn't).

If people are on a tight budget and looking for cheap and cheerful tat they should go elsewhere. They'll get a lot more (of the same 'quality' products) for their money.

Last edited:
I've no issue with £9.99 (+p&p) items but I won't give them a "pass" because the pricing means people on a budget can afford them.

Those £9.99 items simply aren't worth £9.99 .

The shower head from the other day is available right now on AliExpress for £1.08. IW is entitled to make a profit but …that's there's no act of charity in bringing that to air for the hard-up in society to buy. It's a cynical money grab. They were selling it to viewers as an alternative to a £300 power shower (which it can't be) and crowing about what exceptional value it is at that price (it isn't).

If people are on a tight budget and looking for cheap and cheerful tat they should go elsewhere. They'll get a lot more (of the same 'quality' products) for their money.
A lot of there viewers might not bother with the internet, so think IW are giving a bargain

A lot of there viewers might not bother with the internet, so think IW are giving a bargain
This links in with the point we've made before. As the older viewers and/or those who are not tech users decrease (or should that be decease!) channels like this will surely struggle even more to survive. With an increasing amount of the population, it's simply second nature to check online for other prices. So those people soon realise the likes of IW isn't the bargain it purports to be.

It’s clear in shall we say 10 years, these channels won’t be around, QVC recently had its 30th Birthday, not sure it will see 40
I don’t know it would be eye opening to see 2sizes2small and delboy trying to squeeze into a 10 or 12 in their seventies.
I definitely agree in ten years time shopping channels on tv will not exist.

As kids of the target age in the early ‘70s we would have had our attention spans waning after five minutes or so with these tedious dinosaurs toys presented by a shopping telly one. Children of today would devote none of theirs to them. The top presenter being used to sell bargain basement stuff like this… It‘s a mockery of a travesty of a sham of a show trial as Mr. Allen would have said. Does Mason know he is standing by a green W symbol?

Latest posts

Back