Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If anybody watched the channel during the last weekend, it was clear everything wasn’t right, a whole weekend, with about 3 products.

The staff knew more than they were letting on. Funny Angela Johnson retired the weekend before, Guess she got told no more gardening. I have a feeling Dean had an idea, he knew presenters had left C&C and had probably agreed to return properly. Like it’s been said before I don’t care what happens to the presenters, it’s those who packed the goods, cleaned the studios etc, who will probably end up serving fast food

The presenters wouldn’t have sold stuff they didn’t have in stock, Would They

Well, if we are to create a fantasy shopping channel to replace Ideal World..We need some timepieces stock..
Compress_20230711_153951_1006.jpg

If anybody watched the channel during the last weekend, it was clear everything wasn’t right, a whole weekend, with about 3 products.

The staff knew more than they were letting on. Funny Angela Johnson retired the weekend before, Guess she got told no more gardening. I have a feeling Dean had an idea, he knew presenters had left C&C and had probably agreed to return properly. Like it’s been said before I don’t care what happens to the presenters, it’s those who packed the goods, cleaned the studios etc, who will probably end up serving fast food

The presenters wouldn’t have sold stuff they didn’t have in stock, Would They
To your last comment my view is YES..THEY WOULD. Of course, that is simply an opinion and not a definitive statement. But from what we do know, it appears very clear that the channel has been in a lot of trouble financially and for some considerable time. The presenters must have known this. Some of them are even down as creditors. Now, those who stuck it to the end could well have been assured that any orders taken would definitely be fulfilled, allowing them to present conscience clean, those last few goods they were trying to sell over the last three or four days. I hope that scenario of events is the case as 'if' and it is a big IF - they were in the loop that it was unlikely that the goods would ever be sent out, that would be akin to defrauding the customer. Not that the Police are interested in civil matters these days. Though in all fairness, they don't seem very interested in crime either.

Now I am Ideal Worldless I am reduced to exploring what is left of the remaining shopping channels. Just looked at The Jewellery Channel. I've watched it very, very briefly before, but that's usually when they are selling non-jewellery items with Handy Oddson. But today, what I can see is somebody who appears to be in a different country (India, is it?) Or is it an Indian man in a studio in England. Anyway, he is with a bloke who looks like he's just walked out of Living in a Box in another studio, split screen. The logic or sense in this defeats me? Now they're showing something that would look quite comfortably at ease inside a Winfield Christmas cracker set, which in turn looks like something a child would want to wear after a pass the parcel game. They are telling me that this trinket apparently is worth £999. Now, I may look like I've sailed down the Amazon on a Sinclair C5, but even I'm not that daft. I'm assuming, a la Bid and Auction World, this item will drop and drop in price and finish at about £9.99? Is that how it works?

There really isn’t any other general discussion thread for a shopping television channel other than this. The QVC forum, for example, is very much contained to specific items threads and issues. Hopefully we can continue this one.

Just had notification of another 3rd Buy Me Up episode from 22nd Mar 2008, with guest Rich Hall. Available for 28 days it says. Downloaded it.

Episodes 1 (Eamonn Holmes), 2 (Ruth Madoc rip) and the Pilot episode also still available.
Ooh thanks, I'll find it. I've heard the pilot and the Eamonn Holmes one, it was hilarious! He portrayed himself as a dodgy character, always trying to sell dubious goods to the presenters and was accused of cheating on a celebrity cooking show🤣.

Now I am Ideal Worldless I am reduced to exploring what is left of the remaining shopping channels. Just looked at The Jewellery Channel. I've watched it very, very briefly before, but that's usually when they are selling non-jewellery items with Handy Oddson. But today, what I can see is somebody who appears to be in a different country (India, is it?) Or is it an Indian man in a studio in England. Anyway, he is with a bloke who looks like he's just walked out of Living in a Box in another studio, split screen. The logic or sense in this defeats me? Now they're showing something that would look quite comfortably at ease inside a Winfield Christmas cracker set, which in turn looks like something a child would want to wear after a pass the parcel game. They are telling me that this trinket apparently is worth £999. Now, I may look like I've sailed down the Amazon on a Sinclair C5, but even I'm not that daft. I'm assuming, a la Bid and Auction World, this item will drop and drop in price and finish at about £9.99? Is that how it works?
I'm not too sure as I only watch occasionally. However I have seen Mark, who is on now. He is the best at looking totally shocked at the price, almost speechless, insisting that there has been a huge pricing error, and we should buy quickly before 'they' notice.

He's been selling camping gear, coming up soon is a glow in the dark grab rail (and I'm not making this up!).

He's now selling neck fans and said "these will be great for women going through the menopause".

Welcome to my world :)

It is a very hard channel to explain but most of the time it works, the majority of the time no two shows are the same even with the same product line up which I quite like

The Indian Man was Anshu who is head of broadcast and very high up if you struggled with him then boy you are in for a treat with some of the others :)

The start price bears no remblance (not Chef Joe) to the value they do love a pie-in-the-sky "comparison" which are gathered by the team in India I gather who have probably done 100 in an hour so you get some corkers. Some presenters pretend that is the common price some say that is too high and others laugh at them

That kind of sums it up

They went from a shopping trolley to top-quality tanzanite within the same 30 minutes earlier today which is in essence the channel.

If something isn't selling then they will bring something on air until it does, they fairly regularly mention the targets they need in that hour to go into "making money" after all costs which again I like

Have just noticed TJC there deals are cheaper than any IW deals
Sometimes Jazzy all about volume of sales with TJC

I would say on jewellery they are the cheapest around by a fair way (on tv) for lifestyle they are generally ok but you can usually find cheaper online somewhere

As the previously mentioned Anshu fairly regularly says live on air "if we were cheaper than Amazon all the time we wouldn't be here"

The thing I notice about The Jewellery Channel is visually it looks low rent (maybe why it is still here and Ideal World is not). I am not keen on watching shopping television where the presenter is always sat behind a desk like a newsreader with no apparent variant. It is just restrictive and dull to the eye. In its better days, Ideal World had that big studio feel with presenters able to move around for quite a number of shows. And of course, the outside bit. The current presenter ( I am sure I have seen him elsewhere shopping TV wise) is a bit of drama queen with the goods. “Oceans of Motions,“ he hysterically witters over some desperately dull trinket, waxing lyrical like some early Genesis album. No humour whatsoever with him that I can witness. You see, it’s not about the goods they are selling, it’s about the laughs. You want people like Lavers and Locke who often subliminally projected what a load of nonsense it all is. And this particular guy is about as ironic as fence posts, and as funny as diarrhoea at a Turkish customs check.

Latest posts

Back