Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hear Reynolds say that bit about you can only sell that particular Traser watch in these two countries only (UK and USA only) on virtually every show that features it. I think it is an absolute disgrace he uses that line as clearly, as you have demonstrated, it is patently untrue. They (IW) are trying an ‘exclusivity line’ approach to make a particular watch more desirable to buy. And as this ‘information’ appears to be clearly untrue, then it is a deceptive way of selling. It’s a sad really on two fronts: a) it is disrespectful to viewers and potential customers, and b) this is a show actually featuring some quite desirable watches, and you don’t need to embellish/create selling points to get them to be purchased. I think the ASA should be told - even though they are generally ineffective and hapless.

I hear Reynolds say that bit about you can only sell that particular Traser watch in these two countries only (UK and USA only) on virtually every show that features it. I think it is an absolute disgrace he uses that line as clearly, as you have demonstrated, it is patently untrue. They (IW) are trying an ‘exclusivity line’ approach to make a particular watch more desirable to buy. And as this ‘information’ appears to be clearly untrue, then it is a deceptive way of selling. It’s a sad really on two fronts: a) it is disrespectful to viewers and potential customers, and b) this is a show actually featuring some quite desirable watches, and you don’t need to embellish/create selling points to get them to be purchased. I think the ASA should be told - even though they are generally ineffective and hapless.

Add to that they are extremely slow. :sleep:

My complaint on Christophe Duchamp show is still at an early stage and that's 3 months in, took two and half months before they sent me an email to say that i needed to confirm i was happy for ASA to share my details with IW before they could start looking into the matter, which they confirmed last week that they had received my approval to do so. Was a bit of a stupid question as i had already stated in the complaint (and previous complaints) that i email IW (which they ask viewers to do) pointing out their errors but get ignored every time, so IW already have my details. ;):ROFLMAO:

Trouble with the lack of pace is that there have been 3 further Duchamp shows since the original one and all have been parroting the same crap.

It is interesting that they feel it appropriate to again show garden furniture selling footage which has clearly been filmed during the lockdown which is now a significant amount of time ago. Also, they have had no live broadcasting from 07:00 hours this morning, which again, makes you wonder what exactly is going on at the channel?

Not been watching last month really but this "website down for maintenance" is ringing all sorts of alarm bells for me

If you scroll back on the live feed on youtube to the early hours it states "Please try and checkout on our website after 6 pm tonight"

This seems awfully specific, which retailer would intentionally do maintenance for the majority of a day? Answer none

Now it is the "we hope to be back online as soon as possible" message

To reiterate… you do seriously wonder what is going on. Can you imagine QVC broadcasting product footage from a year to 2 years ago - particularly footage which pointedly refers to as a selling point, Government restrictions for a major crisis within the country at the time that has now long since ended. Even if it is not the case, it strongly suggests that the channel is in some sort of difficulty by not being able to bring its usual live in current broadcasting to air.

Nope, and I don't think any of the channels left would certainly not for a prolonged period.

I have seen the odd short spell maybe up to a few hours where TJC has gone down but they just stayed on air chatting explaining what is happening. I can't see why Ideal can't at least do a short time live with an update.

The other point would be what is the thinking behind showing products on air that the customer physically can't buy?

Purely gut feeling. But for me, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it fold at some point this year. Website ‘closed for maintenance’ and no live presentation when I last watched - something is very wrong.

"We are working to complete this as soon as possible"

They must have power at the site as they are broadcasting the repeats you can't buy

I do not believe for one second it is "maintenance" whatever it is

Again why not come out and be honest with the customer/viewer if it is a technical thing say something

Smoke and mirrors all along and even at the end - if this is indeed it. Would be bitterly ironic if it was because one of the later shows yesterday evening was one selling expensive watches.

Just been catching up on the Virgin news not even announced on air or anywhere from what I can tell

Rather than trying to educate the viewers who watched them on Virgin about how to carry on watching them elsewhere they are left with the channel numbers of the other shopping channels

Beyond belief really

Just gone back again on the Youtube stream

All the ITV overnight show seemed fine, as soon as they switched back to just being on Ideal the message was displayed

This suggests to me anyway it was a pre-meditated move it is not like they are completely separate channels and websites.....

They are now 8 hours 45 in with no way of buying products

Well, all I can say is, I hope anybody that spent a lot of their hard earnt money last night on one of the watches presented will receive that watch as they expect to.

They are back

Sally is outside on the Rattan and telling people you can only buy from the eBay site at the moment!

"Nothing to worry about no gremlins"

Well there must be some gremlins

"It is not maintenance issues it is maintenance work, this is an upgrade"

mmmmm ok then, at least they have fronted up

"We have no issues"

This seems to be Sallys role and she is sticking to it in between pre-records with Vollevant

They have updated the screen so at least you can buy albeit from the eBay store. Again buying from the eBay store will have different
terms and conditions than from the Tv channel, not a peep about that. I would want to be 100% sure if spending £700 on Rattan...

the lady doth protest too much

I don’t think it is an untypical trait of a shopping television presenter from past events, to be selling goods as if all is normal, when behind the scenery the whole thing is about to collapse. In general terms, as a generic breed, I don’t know how they actually see themselves, but what I do suspect is the case, again in general, is they put themselves first, do what is right for them, and the last thing on most of their minds is the customer who may be buying goods they showcase but never going to be sent out to them.

The presenters IF the end is night might not even be in the loop. I kind of understand the putting on a front if any presenter on any channel knew the end was nigh and even hinted at that on air they wouldn't be long for the job

At the very minimum, I do not believe you plan maintenance for a large period of a day leaving the customer unable to purchase on a sales channel

Just too many little signs that something is wrong behind the scenes. It may not be now they go. It might even be in six months, or they might hang on longer. But you just question a successful shopping channel putting out footage from years ago to fill airtime. The complete disappearance of any technology related products and other lines also makes you think why?

Latest posts

Back