Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Car crash and a half😄😃 think he mixed up chronograph with Chronometer. Said of the chronograph it had a better movement in it, thinking of Chronometers I recon. Would think he would know the basics with his knowledge, it's as if he has never come across any watches in his career 🥴

Eric asks There what is going on with the lower parts? Well, I don't know about his lower parts, but mine are feeling extremely uncomfortable watching this dreadful, dreadful televisual extravaganza of awfulness..Surely start the fellow with an experienced host and have him as the 'expert'. Or at least don't walk into the studio without a rehearsal beforehand.. You can actually hear the constant talkback in his ear..

Then they perhaps should make it clearer than they do that they have absolutely nothing to do with the sale of the goods in terms of consumer rights. Still, nothing is ever clear with Ideal World on so many issues…Why would this be any different?

The main thing that is not made clear is, just like their normal shows, these shows are not giving impartial testimonials, IW are being paid (either direct payment or through commission on sales or both) to produce a show (advert), full of glowing and positive testimonials etc on behalf of a brand.

It's as you say not clearly stated in the shows, on the one hand they're say in their terms and conditions (which very few people read) that they take no responsibilities if you choose to use links on their website which take you too external websites but at the same time on the TV shows openly encourage you to use these external web sites and buy the products with confidence, giving brands and products glowing testimonials. Of course unlike the T & Cs on the web site, which most folks don't read anyway, the TV shows make no reference to the fact if anything does go wrong don't contact us as it has sod all to do with us. Now some might say well it's in their T & Cs on the web site, which is true, but if you are a casual viewer/first time IW buyer watching an Emma show on TV, you can just type the web address into your browser without the need visit the IW web site or see read their T & Cs.

Links to other websites

To provide increased value and for the convenience of our customers we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion and risk. You acknowledge and agree that , as you have chosen to enter the linked website, we are not responsible for the availability of such external resources or sites, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable in any way, whether directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites; or (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources; or (iii) the use which others make of these websites; or (iv) for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused to you, arising from or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods, materials or services available on and/or purchased by you from such external websites or resources.

And the person to suffer with one idiot being led by another, is the customer...again. He must be on a few thousand a show on Bargain Hunt.. Why on earth has he put himself through this, and us?

And Bordell is in his element, trying to show how clever he is 🤮
Knowles is just repeating the corporate lines of item no , price, RRP etc. Absolutely no knowledge of watches, which I find hard to believe 😎
I see what you mean, his arrogance is astounding.

I've one question for him which he has never answered on air, who is "WE", he has repeated that word hundreds of times over dozens of shows, "WE" have brought this brand back, "WE" have designed, "WE" have created, "WE" have made this watch because we can, "WE" have etc etc, he keeps saying "WE" but not once has he said who "WE" are, yeah he's given us unrelated stories about the old defunct brands, but not one word of who "WE" is.

Oh and if anybody is wondering, those free gifts from Nusound, mainspring etc are also Solar Time brands. ;)

I wonder why UDH2 clearly considers himself to be a watch expert. I have had the misfortune to see him on a number of occasions now and he has never, for one moment, demonstrated to me that he knows any more about watches than I do. And what I know about watches, you could write on the back of a very small postage stamp.

Knowles is a plant from QVC!!

Loved the way he said you would be dead at 2000m and the sidekicks charade was blown wide open as he had to agree!

Funny show I feel a bit sorry for him having to peddle this rubbish like a rabbit in the headlights.

All I can assume is Ezza was maybe offered a couple of grand for two hours work (no additional hours in terms of pre-show prep that he demonstrates at least) and took the gig on that basis. I’m amazed that he displays so little knowledge about watches. That said, he may well be employing a tactic there, because as a usually credible antiques and collectibles expert, you really wouldn’t want to appear to know too much about the watches that IW are asking you to sell with those completely unrealistic RRP to IW retail price ratios. I suppose he’s better off just following orders, through his ear piece, and pleading ignorance over anything above that. Other than the fee, I remain baffled why he has agreed to lower himself to such an extent by doing such a show - hawking cheap watches on a shopping channel with a man with chronic There Syndrome.

Running out of Styme and Tock, Knowles Spoonerises for us. He could also do similar ludicrously linguistically by admitting his decision to take the job in the first place was a Catastrophic Punt. Or a Patastrophic Cun…

"I get a little bit evangelical about boltless shelving," says the out of work actress this morning. God help her and us.

I've also noticed how out of touch and behind Kevin is bringing the "latest" designs from mathey Tissot such as the colours he said were before any other maker, which in fact were 2 years behind 😁 , So expect to see in the next couple of years an integrated bracelet, such as everyone one else is releasing 😎Kevin

Ooh, another watch week 🤔 so more of the stuff they can't sell 😁 During the demo of the blue, rose gold Vostok Lunokhod, PS moved the quick adjustment clasp on the bracelet and I noticed scratches on the blue pvd. Lo and behold, an email was read asking about the durability of the pvd. Of course, Kev said it could be marked with a diamond ring or such, but don't go near it 😁 . Complete and utter charlatan 😞
These guys like Mike Mason and more so Peter Simon who said PVD is physical vapour disposition rather than deposition...honestly they have no idea of the Language or presenting. Only repetetion. A new watch presenter came on, was refreshing he had no flow, no pat and he's the one who deals in antique who take Johnathan (earnshaw rgmt and cadola man ) for a treat round the markets

I've also noticed how out of touch and behind Kevin is bringing the "latest" designs from mathey Tissot such as the colours he said were before any other maker, which in fact were 2 years behind 😁 , So expect to see in the next couple of years an integrated bracelet, such as everyone one else is releasing 😎Kevin

Ooh, another watch week 🤔 so more of the stuff they can't sell 😁 During the demo of the blue, rose gold Vostok Lunokhod, PS moved the quick adjustment clasp on the bracelet and I noticed scratches on the blue pvd. Lo and behold, an email was read asking about the durability of the pvd. Of course, Kev said it could be marked with a diamond ring or such, but don't go near it 😁 . Complete and utter charlatan 😞
These guys like Mike Mason and more so Peter Simon who said PVD is physical vapour disposition rather than deposition...honestly they have no idea of the Language or presenting. Only repetetion. A new watch presenter came on, was refreshing he had no flow, no pat and he's the one who deals in antique who take Johnathan (earnshaw rgmt and cadola man ) for a treat round the matkets
Oh god they came up with the worst all-cock and all-bull story about the Lunokhod 2 earlier tonight, namely that 'Igor from Vostok' was aware that Aviator were launching their Bristol Scout tonight so had specially sanctioned the 'low price' :ROFLMAO: That's surely one for the ASA? ✅

Also for their Watch Week they're giving away a bundle worth 'over £4000' but the 'best' watch I can spot in the promotion is a Nubeo (!); you would have thought they would have given away something decent like an Aviator/Traser or Vostok (perhaps one of their unloved Lunokhod 2's?) as a headline prize. So that's actually over £40 of prizes by my reckoning :D

Plus 'Seksy' just has to be THE worst brand name for a watch EVER regardless of origin; Seksy isn't a brand name it's something that Roger Moore might have said when slightly tipsy...
These guys just don't know about watches or even how to present with 99% bs. I think it's mark tilley who came on yesterday and didn't know much, could flow, but a pleasure to watch and listen to a few facts he had

Latest posts

Back