QVC Reviews censured

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

slipper

Registered Shopper
I wrote a review for a product, mainly favourable but criticised that QVC was not carrying spares, result, would not publish review.

Makes me wonder how heavily the reviews are censured.

I did something similar about Microwave pans and said that the handle was badly designed, but the pots are very good.

I also had this review rejected for "inappropriate content"?

I think the reviews are heavily vetted.

If this is true then this is concerning. When I have watched QVC and they are reading reviews out from the website they make a big deal of the fact that the reviews are done via an independent 3rd party, so that QVC cannot interfere with customer views.

I accept they cant publish profanties and/or libellous comments, but general comments on the product good OR BAD should be published regardless. And if they are vetting as per the examples above makes the concept of reviewing pointless.

I have seen 1 star reviews on some products, so maybe they dont mind negative comments, as long as they are not TOO negative! (but thats just the cynic in me!!)

Last edited:
I had one rejected a couple of weeks ago, all I said was that the Tova Signature Platinum was nothing like the original (apparently if you liked the original this was almost the same) I said it smelled cheap and nasty and didn't last more than about 10 minutes.(I didn't add that I was glad it didn't last) I wondered if the cheap and nasty bit was what got it censored, but I wouldn't imagine people reading it would be offended by it - unless of course it was Tova!

I am very cynical about the reviews not, I think they allow some token negative ones just to make it look real, but in the end I am not taking any notice of them any more.

I have noticed when they get some absolute stinkers on there that get tons of bad reviews the reviews and the product (oddly enough) are taken off!! For example they had this awful steam mop as a TSV some time last year, it didn't work and peed out water everywhere, shortly afterwards the whole thing complete with bad reviews was removed. I remember a similar thing happening with a B&W necklace!

I have written dreadful reviews that have been published-honest!But I know that a few people have had problems. They should be more specific when they refuse to show a review.Inappropriate content means bu**er all!

I also have had negative reviews not published and have felt, therefore, the same as the OP that reviews may be heavily vetted. Having said that, I did post one which had a slight anti-product reference to it and it was published (panasonic hdd/blu ray), so I really can't comprehend what the policy for publishing reviews is. Perhaps it depends on the product.

I also have had negative reviews not published and have felt, therefore, the same as the OP that reviews may be heavily vetted. Having said that, I did post one which had a slight anti-product reference to it and it was published (panasonic hdd/blu ray), so I really can't comprehend what the policy for publishing reviews is. Perhaps it depends on the product.

I've often wondered if it depends on who is censoring/approving the review on any particular day. I've always had negative reviews published, and, believe me, I've left a few!

Perhaps they only publish negative reviews for companies/products they are going to ditch anyway, and use them as an excuse/proof to the supplier.

People have posted on their Facebook page about reviews being rejected and QVC seem to have got back to them. Maybe it's worth posting on there.

5 out of 5 review initially rejected

I recently had a positive review rejected which was a bit of a shock as we had given the item 5 out of 5 stars. I found that odd as for several previous reviews this item had been given very low marks. I contacted QVC via email and complained. No reason was given other than I didn't meet the guidelines. I thought this was not a good enough reason and told them so. There were no specifics given as to what was wrong with what I wrote. They responded asking for information so that QVC could look into it and get back to me.

I even asked if QVC actually wanted the item to receive low marks so QVC could have cause to discontinue it. Otherwise why would they reject a 5 out of 5 rating which would bring up the average. I have to say that my complaint was better written than the review. I was direct in the complaint and not as focused in the review as I should have been. But no reason for a rejection. I even made the point that rejecting reviews didn't give the buyer confidence that the reviews truly reflected the experiences people had with products promoted by QVC.

The next day I got an email stating that my review had been looked at and posted. Maybe I took the rejection personally but unless someone used profane language, used the name of another product or shop or something similar, I cannot see a valid reason for not posting all reviews submitted. That's the only way buyers will have confidence that reviews are legitimate.

The next day I got an email stating that my review had been looked at and posted. Maybe I took the rejection personally but unless someone used profane language, used the name of another product or shop or something similar, I cannot see a valid reason for not posting all reviews submitted. That's the only way buyers will have confidence that reviews are legitimate.

So instead of telling you why they didnt publish it in the first place they published it after you challenged it. Crazy!!! :wonder:

I really queston the 'independent' management of reviews. What are they scared of an why arent they honest about how and who assesses them. Like you say, they should all be published unless offensive words or language are used. I think there is even a case for including other shops / product info - eg 'this was better value than elsewhere' I didnt like this as much as another'. That is of course how we all shop so why not use that sort of info.

It should be only by absolute exception that a review isnt published, not a common occurrence as us and others seem to experience.

If they value our reviews so much, as they hark on about, then use them properly!!

Yes, QVC published the review but didn't say what was at fault or not to the guidelines. I would have probably been satisfied had they stated more specifically what they considered to be "wrong". It does make you wonder about their approach to these reviews. I don't see why they can't highlight the problem area of a review and give a number in the margin that says something like "no URLs allowed" or "no product names allowed, use generic description" or something ... don't leave people in the dark or they won't bother to write reviews or believe that everyone's opinions count. It's a mystery.

Latest posts

Back