QVC plants.. Should we all post piccies?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

teddybear581

Registered Shopper
After reading all the post about the bad quality of QVC plants it might be a good idea for us to post piccies of our twigs...sorry,plants:cheeky:
Its raining here just now but when it stops I will take piccies of my beauties:cheeky:.

I dumped two peonies about half an hour ago! Super poppies are REALLY super - infact invisible to the naked eye...

I'll post some piccies when I've sorted them out. I bought my one and only set of plants from QVC a few weeks ago and they've grown really well and have added colour to what was a very green garden, as I favour ground covering (and weed smothering) ferny type things.

My only problem was that I didn't listen to what was being said and thought I'd bought perennials, but they're annuals so will conk out later this year. Just goes to show that I nothing nothing about gardening. :8:

I'm really looking foward to lovely floral pictures of your local tips.

:grin:

Well, I've got a couple of photos and if someone could post an "Idiot's Guide" to posting them, I'd be grateful. ;)

Lovely roses and those tatas look scrumptious!

They were really creamy-flavoured too with a lovely texture. Last year we tried Nicola potatoes (for obvious reasons!) and they were an absolute disaster! Why can't they name a rose Nicola?

I should just say that all rose bushes had may blooms - I just took a picture of one of each!

great pics Nicky j
my mum in law has great success with lilies from QVC but we had begonias that bloomed and died almost straight away!
her lilies were enormous,she is rather green fingered though!!:giggle:

I have no real history of being green-fingered, but over the last two years I have been gardening to a degree. Before that I really only ever grew salad leaves and let everyone else do the difficult stuff! This year food wise I have grown a multitude of things including lettuce, cabbage, garden peas, pumpkins, chard, carrots and even garlic - hence our very garlicky shed while it dries out enough to plait! Didn't realise how much fun it could be, especially when you have your quesadillas read to cook and can just nip out to pull up a salad onion to chop up and sprinkle inside!

My roses are doing well as are my tree hollyhocks but the tree peonies are dead and gorne to that great plant heaven in the sky.
The best thing I bought has turned out to be those hardy geraniums. I'm really surprised as they looked pretty deceased when they arrived.

Sadly my waterproof camera (QVC TSV) has gone mad and doesn't want to work anymore.
I know! I'll beg my son....:movie:

I just wish Richard Jackson would be more honest particularly about the care of plants and the position of them, he so desperate to sell now he glosses over the important bits and just rambles on about the hundred weight of strawberries we'll get next year!
Charlie Dimmock really was much better when she was on.
The 30 day return rule is a bit difficult with plants so they know they've got us over a barrel.

I just wish Richard Jackson would be more honest particularly about the care of plants and the position of them, he so desperate to sell now he glosses over the important bits and just rambles on about the hundred weight of strawberries we'll get next year!
Charlie Dimmock really was much better when she was on.
The 30 day return rule is a bit difficult with plants so they know they've got us over a barrel.

Some of the gardening website (and even our local Wyevale centre) are a bit vague on positioning and soil requirements. This year we bought a wisteria from there which had a great big glossy care label all about this gorgeous violet plant. Only when WHITE flowers came out did we notice the teeny tiny (but correct) label on the old pot (then being used for galic!) that indicated it was white!

Ive bought a few different plants for the first time this year, the tree peonies are doing nothing-not growing any but not dying either :thinking2:

the geraniums are doing alright and so too are the stripey tiger flowers (cant remember what they are called), the giant begonias have taken ages to grow but they are almost in flower: as soon as they all flower I will take some pics :tongue2: x

My tree lilies are fantastic. They have huge buds on them and in a couple of weeks should be spectacular.

My blueberries (bought at least 2 years ago) now produce a handful of berries every few days. I can never accumulate sufficient for an actual serving as the birds would have them before me!

This year's peony collection was a disaster. All have leaves, none have flowers, growth not wonderful. I haven't actually killed them yet though.

The bulb things that were a TSV have produced quite a bit of greenery, having done nothing until June. Hopefully some sort of flowers will eventually emerge just as the frosts arrive.

In the past I have had a pack of lavender that dried up and died within days of arrival and being planted despite being watered, strawberries which have produced a punnet over a period of 2 years and a grapevine which I thought was going to yield pounds but to date (3 years on) hasn't produced a single flower.

From the above you would think I hadn't a clue but the remainder of my garden is bursting with healthy plants and I do have green fingers.

I'll take and post photos of my best and my worst QVC purchases for the garden.

Has *anyone* had any luck with those super-duper gigantic mountain-growing tree peonies QVC did earlier this year (TSV wasn't it)? Maybe the UK is just not mountainous enough - I know my garden doesn't have any lying around!

stripedflower1.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

stripedflower2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope this has worked- these are my striped flowers :) x

Latest posts

Back