QVC Fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grannygarden

Registered Shopper
Is it because I'm way behind the times or is QVC? Just watching some of the fashion hour and I thought everything looked hideous, even on the models, so whatever it must look like on real people is beyond me.

Last edited:
Is it because I'm way behind the times or is QVC? Just watching some of the fashion hour and I thought everything looked hideous, even on the models, so whatever it must look like on real people is beyond me.

It's not you, most of QVC fashion is not very fashionable and the prices are sometimes way too expensive! I saw vests the other day on it for around £80 and some of these baggy clothes do nothing for no one! :mysmilie_1:

I agree, the bits I've seen are hideous in both style and price, turned over before and nearly choked on me tea, the Nina Leonard range is absolutely vile (apologies to NL fans) I don't remember them ever looking that bad in Lennies (rest in peace) day, the bit I caught looked like QVCs cat was sick on them, then realised oh no it's ok, just hideous prints

When will Q stop saying that an empire line dress is suitable for larger ladies and that it hides a tummy. It does not. If you have any size of a muffin top it is hideous looking.

The worst thing anyone on the large side can do is to wear a top that covers your bum and belly - it makes you look larger !!!! and sharkbites make you gargantuan ! Wearing a top that just sits on the hips, whether worn with trousers or a skirt is so much more flattering. I've lost count of the number of tops that I've had shortened.

The worst thing anyone on the large side can do is to wear a top that covers your bum and belly - it makes you look larger !!!! and sharkbites make you gargantuan ! Wearing a top that just sits on the hips, whether worn with trousers or a skirt is so much more flattering. I've lost count of the number of tops that I've had shortened.
Fashion experts, and I don't include QVC in that, alway say that if you are overweight never wear baggy clothes as it just makes you look bigger, they say wear clothes that fit well and that draws the eye away from the problem area. QVC will just tell you anything to flog the crap they sell

They must sell though, presumably. A lot of Michele Hope's stuff looks like a load of lace doilies sewn together and dyed dusky pink. They're the sort of garments one imagines would be worn by the attendees of a whist drive.

I think MH is a fun character though, and I quite like her voice.

http://llansannor.org.uk/whist_club.jpg

Last edited:
No matter what your gender, shape, weight or size the most important thing is that they should fit. The number of men I see trying on trousers or jackets which are at least one size too small is unbelievable and everyday we see ladies who would give a sausage a run for its money.

Mind you a good fit at reasonable prices isn't easy but going purely by the size on the label is only denial, it's only a number (or letter if you are a small like Julia)

My biggest bugbear is seeing women (and politicians in particular are guilty of this) in an ill-fitting jacket. Jacket sleeves should end at the wrist, no longer, but most don't bother to have them altered, so you see sleeve cuffs in the middle of the palm of the hand - ****** awful ! I'm guilty of shouting " get your ****** sleeves sorted !" at the tele when I see business women / tv presenters/ politicians looking a sight in their jackets.

http://images.qvc.com/is/image/u2/1/03/155903.001?$ukextralarge$http://

www.idealworld.tv/common/images/product/353780/super/353780_SUPER__BPM_20150917.jpg

I hope the above works as I`m not good on here and don`t know how to put the actual pics on
Just to show comparison of prices of what looks very similar tops with very different prices The Anttony QVC tops £50 for two and the IW £19.99 for two so if you like those styles IW seems to be winning hands down

Attachments

• Example prices QVC versus IW.jpg
    Example prices QVC versus IW.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 170
  • example prices QVC versus IW  2.jpg
    example prices QVC versus IW 2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 172
Ah, but you wouldn't have the 'entertainment' of having someone dressed up as a cowboy to flog you his wares !!!!

All the `new` baggy shark drop gathered empire styles just make anyone with an ample bust even if they have small waist and hips look overweight !! Fitted not sausage skin fit always look better even in the larger sizes Well styled fitted clothes is the way and not the tent like offerings we get all the time !!

This shows, once again, how good their so-called 'fashion experts' are. Most of what they tell you is twaddle - and they'll contradict themselves on the next 'fashion' programme, anyway.

When will Q stop saying that an empire line dress is suitable for larger ladies and that it hides a tummy. It does not. If you have any size of a muffin top it is hideous looking.

Most of Q`s fashion is dire and the few things which aren`t dire are overpriced, especially with p and p charges on top. Their sizing is a joke and varies from brand to brand and a lot of it caters for Yankee tastes and not ours. Their so called designers are either invisible, unknown, strange, nutters or bullsh*tters and their representatives aren`t much better.
The World is heaving with websites, shops and supermarkets all selling clothes, shoes and accessories for any size and shape and it baffles me why people pay up to £7 per item just to try something on and then pay to return it. Yep I know they get one set pf p and p refunded under DSR but they`re still paying to try something on.
Most websites will email regular discounts offers, 20% is the norm and their sales are genuine, unlike Q. I`ve had Onjenu, Radley, Clarks items up to 50% less than QVC want for the exact same things and no missing parcels, no faulty goods or used goods and no ridiculously high p and p.
I regularly order different sizes or colours in clothes or shoes from various websites and have never yet had to wait longer than a few days for a refund or had a return go missing yet QVC seem unable to manage it.
I realise EP`s attract a lot of people but it strikes me that QVC are simply becoming the Kays catalogue of selly telly.

Most of Q`s fashion is dire and the few things which aren`t dire are overpriced, especially with p and p charges on top. Their sizing is a joke and varies from brand to brand and a lot of it caters for Yankee tastes and not ours. Their so called designers are either invisible, unknown, strange, nutters or bullsh*tters and their representatives aren`t much better.
The World is heaving with websites, shops and supermarkets all selling clothes, shoes and accessories for any size and shape and it baffles me why people pay up to £7 per item just to try something on and then pay to return it. Yep I know they get one set pf p and p refunded under DSR but they`re still paying to try something on.
Most websites will email regular discounts offers, 20% is the norm and their sales are genuine, unlike Q. I`ve had Onjenu, Radley, Clarks items up to 50% less than QVC want for the exact same things and no missing parcels, no faulty goods or used goods and no ridiculously high p and p.
I regularly order different sizes or colours in clothes or shoes from various websites and have never yet had to wait longer than a few days for a refund or had a return go missing yet QVC seem unable to manage it.
I realise EP`s attract a lot of people but it strikes me that QVC are simply becoming the Kays catalogue of selly telly.

Sorry, but what are EP's? I don't understand a lot of these abbreviations used on here.

Last edited:
Julius EP`s are easy pays, when people can pay for an item over 2, 3 or 4 months

Marshall and Snelgrove was the one my mum used.

Latest posts

Back