"qvc" colours

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janie

Registered Shopper
i was watching the bobbi brown show this morning (through gritted teeth as i normally HAVE to mute claire) and she was getting in a tangle about eye shadow colours "if you want purple buy the blue, if you want pink buy the blush" or whatever - not saying those were the exact words but she kept on getting confused over which colour she was holding up. the bb guy seemed to know what was what so one assumes he'd done more research into qvc's take on the products than the qvc presenter.

however...my point is - the product colours already have allotted names so why can't qvc just use them?? i've seen the same thing on smashbox and tova with the presenters who won't wear their glasses trying to squint at the bottom of lipsticks and eyeshadows so they can work out which is which. why??? it reminded me of the "if you're a size 12 order size 10 clothing fiasco)

Totally agree, the worse of the lot is the foundation colours in any brand. Nightmare. Alot in the BB range the lightest foundation QVC do is Sand which is actually two shades in from the fairest shade. They bang of oh Sand for fair skin etc when you see it on counter its far too dark for really fair. I was always Warm Ivory in BB and there is even a paler shade available now.

They did that with Bella Pierre foundation too. I had to check direct on the web page to try and fathom out what shades QV were selling. It is absolutely bizarre that they do this with their make up ranges. It just does not make any sense to me at all.

Going by some of the stuff they get wrong in the information at times they cant spell the names!

It is annoying though especially if you know the colour you want by the real name, i dont buy my bobbi Brown from QVC because
1 its the same price or more than at counters or direct from Bobbi Browns own website
2 I never know what colour they are reffering too.

I did notice yesterday that Paul from BB said they didnt have a TSV on QVC because they want to bring good value sets for things like anniversery shows.

The only reason Paul mentioned a TSV is because Claire stated that we don't have one. His answer made no sense at all to me. Other companies do special value sets now and again but still have TSVs. QVC US have them.

After initally buying some BB from QVC, I now buy from their counter (if I can afford it!). They have much more variety anyway. It is my favourite all time brand of make up - love it.

i was watching the bobbi brown show this morning (through gritted teeth as i normally HAVE to mute claire) and she was getting in a tangle about eye shadow colours "if you want purple buy the blue, if you want pink buy the blush" or whatever - not saying those were the exact words but she kept on getting confused over which colour she was holding up. the bb guy seemed to know what was what so one assumes he'd done more research into qvc's take on the products than the qvc presenter.

however...my point is - the product colours already have allotted names so why can't qvc just use them?? i've seen the same thing on smashbox and tova with the presenters who won't wear their glasses trying to squint at the bottom of lipsticks and eyeshadows so they can work out which is which. why??? it reminded me of the "if you're a size 12 order size 10 clothing fiasco)

I totally agree, there is no need for QVC to have different names, just makes it confusing for everyone!!!

Tempted by the Vintage set on EP, I've never tried BB - but I have to agree, the muddle they get into with their colours is just ridiculous. Happens with Lola Rose sometimes as well and it drives me up the wall if I'm trying to order.

Quite a few people on facebook have been begging QVC for a BB TSV. I keep saying blame Estee Lauder who will not give QVC UK one. So Paul sorry but you are talking rubbish. They get the real Bobbi Brown and great value kits on QVC US plus TSVs on audio delivery.

They did that with Bella Pierre foundation too. I had to check direct on the web page to try and fathom out what shades QV were selling. It is absolutely bizarre that they do this with their make up ranges. It just does not make any sense to me at all.

I wonder if that is the whole treason of why they do this, this way you have to repurchase from QVC rather then direct from B or whatever website

Yes Bobbie Brown is my favourite cosmetic range,however I always buy it from John Lewis,but I do like to watch Paul as I think he is one of the best makeup artist that appear on Q,He always gives good tips about application of products. I have see Bobbie Brown herself present a TSV on QVC America so still not sure why we can`t have one.
Lynn

I find its the same with kipling bags.I've grown to love/like marie FW - but I don't know whether its her or the website that muddle up the colours,but they never match which the other one says.

In the summer I particularly wanted the defea as it on 3 east pay - I wanted the purple/darkest berry shade - but with about 4/5 differing pinks neither the website or MFW were concurring on colours.I wasn't prepared to take the chance and pay P&P so I missed out.

I totally agree. Why can't they just use the name on the compact/box/tin etc instead of trying to "simplify" colours. Far from making it simpler to understand QVC just make everything so much more complicated.

We do understand the concept of calling something Royal Berry when it's purple!!

I od'd on BB yesterday I'm afraid. The 3 piece eye kit, the vintage kit and some pot rogue. Am a little scared by the shimmer brick though, will I look as shiny as Claire?! I may pop back on for the lip gloss set. Has anyone had these? I do love the BB products though, and alternate between Q and JL. I like going to the counter as they usually demonstrate what I am buying, even though I end up spending more on those essential products I never knew I needed :cheeky:

Was there another BB show today? I can't see anything in the 'items from last 24 hour' section?

I have thr rose shimmer brick and I find it a bit shiny shimmery.On reflaction I wished I'd gone for the brown/coppery tones.I'm very fair with platinum hair.

Oh dear. I think its the Rose in the vintage kit. I am olive skin, dark hair. Am hoping the pot rogue (pink) will pop my cheeks a bit and stay on longer than my powder Smashbox one, and maybe a tiny bit of brick on top?! I don't want to be all cheeks and no substance though, so if I can't get anywhere with the shimmer brick it'll be going on the swap board! Am intrigued by it's almost iconic status though, so will give it a bash :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I think if you'll be fine with a darker skintone than mine.On reflection I do think I was a bit harsh about my shimmer brick.No I don't use it every day,yes I stand by the above comments - but on holiday particularly tanned,it was my one stop make up shop and really complimented my tan.

I think by the way you have described your colouring,you may be OK

swap board??

Isn't there a Buy/Sell/Swap board in The Drop? If not, I have joined one on Facebook. Far easier than trying to sell on ebay!

I think if you'll be fine with a darker skintone than mine.On reflection I do think I was a bit harsh about my shimmer brick.No I don't use it every day,yes I stand by the above comments - but on holiday particularly tanned,it was my one stop make up shop and really complimented my tan.

I think by the way you have described your colouring,you may be OK

It sounds lovely on you Rainbow! I don't think it's an every day product, maybe for those rare nights out eh?! Thanks for your advice all :up:

Latest posts

Back