QVC changes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Long ago on Channel 4 they had a documentary(might be on Youtube), about shopping tv channels. They compared QVC to the newbie IW, oh what an eye opener. DF was one of first to launch the channel with Paul Levers. Seems the wife of the owner of IW hated DF with a vengeance! Lets say the F word was used by her to describe DF and she wanted out like NOW! They had a fire at IW very shortly afterwards and DF never ever appeared again.

As for Strictly, they have people in the audience(all mobiles are taken before the show starts, but returned when you leave), so the people then go on the forum and post the results.

Oh and guess who has now closed her Facebook beauty blog page to private group?????????? Yes Sharon, was it possibly my comments about how she had the Elemis TSV already and using and reviewing???:wink:

The wife of the owner is a good judge of character.

I look at all the backside kissing of certain presenters and how they seem to have fingers in every pie and like to fan the flames on FB pages etc but when you think about it, when a job becomes your whole life ( and that`s how it seems ) I think it`s time to take a good look at yourself.
Most presenters have a life outside of Q and yes they bang on about their dogs/kids/partners/parents/friends etc but when someone is only able to talk about twitter, facebook groups, blogs, their books and their job, all of which are either virtual, or something you do alone or at home such as writing, or on screen, it smacks of not having enough real flesh and blood people in their life. Maybe they don`t want flesh and blood people, only people from afar who they can block, ban or ignore if they say something negative. It all smacks of insecurity and an inability to cope with real life highs and lows in friendships or relationships and I`ll stick my neck out and say it also smacks of loneliness, self inflicted or not.

Cripes what a kerfuffle ...it's all a bit arrogant of QVC IMHO ...are they cutting their nose off,to,spite their face?( as the saying goes ) ....Supercoolwillow ...you have been such a big big help to us all ! Don't get disheartened :mysmilie_59:

I know that on here at times the "spats" can get a bit heated, but at least we are allowed to debate it out until it becomes too personal and the moderators have to step in.

Power to the people (Wolfie how I miss you)

People have been finding out TSV details for years and years even before SCW on this site so it will still happen (it's their carp website). This site has been mentioned on Facebook so I am sure they all come on here to read anyway.
Perhaps in future if anyone should find any TSV details they could be posted in The Drop? Just a suggestion.

QVC social media, like everywhere else abhors a vacuum! They have been so inept... and into that vacuum steps either the helpfully-minded, or the manipulative.

BBC used to have a whole load of forums. Due to cost-cutting measures the standard of moderation declined, it became a haven for trolls and then the plug was pulled. I know we've now moved on a few years now, but this looks like the same sort of pattern.

If you're going to do social media, as part of your brand, blummin' well DO it! And do it properly. Invest time, skill, and quality creative personnel in it. I am of the opinion that the powers that be in QVC really don't take anything other than their main live channel seriously. The signs of underinvestment are creeping in everywhere.

Qvc abhors a vacuum? Judging by the amount of TSV's featuring Dyson, Gtech etc I think they love 'em! (Sorry I couldn't resist!) :mysmilie_504:

I could count the number of times I have watched any other shopping telly, other than QVC. On watching these shows, I hate the format and the perceived quality of the items they are trying to flog, and I also don't like most of the presenters. I am by no means typical from what I can read on this site, because I think others watch or buy from some of these other sites.

One of the reasons I am a fan of QVC is that I have had no problems either returning, getting a refund, or shopping in general, although I dislike some of its presenters, I also like the fact that I am not bombarded by magazines, or other literature for the bin from Q, that I get from some others, I can safely say I do a lot of my online shopping from Q, M & S, John Lewis and Lakeland, all of which I have had excellent delivery times.

These companies will get a big thumbs up from me, also a few bona fide companies who deal on ebay. I ordered about 20 lightbulbs and a night light from one such company, on the 10th and it arrived this morning - this was without me even asking for next day delivery, and the parcel coming from Bristol - I live on the Ayrshire coast.

As far as getting any advance notice of TSVs or OTO, but particularly TSV in the past year I have received several days in advance of a TSV, a card from Q telling me to get in early for 'this upcoming TSV' - so they are in control themselves of advance notice, which part of that facebook comment, I find baffling, since they do it.

People have been finding out TSV details for years and years even before SCW on this site so it will still happen (it's their carp website). This site has been mentioned on Facebook so I am sure they all come on here to read anyway.
Perhaps in future if anyone should find any TSV details they could be posted in The Drop? Just a suggestion.

This has been suggested before, particularly regarding the BCC event items, but the TSV info draws people to this site and of those a proportion join as VIPs which helps to keep the site up & running.

Blimey, just who do QVC think they are? It's TV shopping, not state secrets. They've behaving like the kid in the playground who owns the ball and tells the others they're not allowed to play.

This has been suggested before, particularly regarding the BCC event items, but the TSV info draws people to this site and of those a proportion join as VIPs which helps to keep the site up & running.

Do you think so, I think a lot of people just come her to read about TSV'S but that is just my opinion. The VIP section seems pretty quiet.

In a way it is a bit like fiddling whilst Rome burns. Instead of taking people's concerns on board, e.g. p & p on every item, and doing something about it, QVC seem to be making it more difficult to order. I am not going to stay up till midnight - those days are long gone. Thank you SCW, Autumn, Sazza and everyone else for all your hard work. QVC are a strange lot.

hear hear Anna, they are going in the wrong direction completely
i had a chat with Catherine Huntley about it at the last Beauty Bash
my point was that they keep alienating long time customers
and it is really bad for the buiness to keep having to find new customers faster and faster
as you are losing the ones who have became wise to the how they work and have lost trust
a good business will do their best to retain existing customers
and then grow by finding new ones too
and i am thoroughly fed up with their authoritarian approach to customers
all that finger wagging and the combative approach from some managers
like they want to 'win' and the customer to lose
and as i said before, it feels as if they high five each other
when they have left a customer feeling resentful
they may have a bonus or reward or reporting structure
where they get praise or money if they can bring down the rate if returns, replacements or refunds from complaints
a very risky strategy in the medium to long term imho
well, hip hip hurrah, life is too short to hand over my hard earned ....

I guess the more notice people have to consider the TSV, the longer they have to research prices and read reviews with other sellers.

It can go two ways: people see that they don't need it / it has terrible reviews / can get it cheaper elsewhere or, on the plus side, they see that it's a good deal and let their friends know of the upcoming bargain as well.

indeed, the high pressure selling method does not work
if you have time to consider/research,
not only price, but also ingredients,
and if you really need it
their culture is very defensive and old fashioned and 'us and them'

It's a case of good news travels fast, but bad news travels faster! Research does seem to back up the claim that people who have a bad experience are more likely to share it, and share it more widely than people who have good experiences.

QVC want to take control of their brand and their product launches? It's them that has lost control, yet where do they focus their energies? Is it on improving their customer service, listening and responding to the issues which infuriate customers? Is it on ensuring that the customer interaction with QVC is of consistent high quality - with a fully functional website and web apps? Are they benchmarking them against organisations which offer excellence in customer service?

No - they'd prefer to shut down criticism, stifle debate, attack those who perfectly reasonably can use a bit of nous and time and effort to track down what's coming up! They'd prefer to listen to sycophants. They'd rather live in the past where there were no competing ways of those who are less mobile to shop. Alienating anyone who is not part of the group-think clique seems to be the objective.

I'm not a betting person, but even if I was, I wouldn't back QVC to succeed in this manner.

Back to the subject at hand, though - I hope SCW is still able to work his magic in advance of the TSV airing for the Links of London item (so I can decide if I would like it without having to endure Coral guest-presenting), on this and many more products to come!

well said maymorganlondon
i was just saying a few similar things before reading this :mysmilie_59:

All hell breaking out on Facebook with DF popping up now and again in response to posts. How come she is the only presenter who does this? I think Q should tell her to keep off the QVC Facebook page as it is annoying some people.

i think DF is building herself a brand as the 'social media expert' at QVC (and any new potential careers/jobs)
with her activities and her BFF 'beauty blogger' (yeah, right *sarcasm alert*)
similar to our 'beauty expert' gobby

i think DF is building herself a brand as the 'social media expert' at QVC (and any new potential careers/jobs)
with her activities and her BFF 'beauty blogger' (yeah, right *sarcasm alert*)
similar to our 'beauty expert' gobby

Will better get looking through those job vacancies :mysmilie_17:

QVC social media, like everywhere else abhors a vacuum! They have been so inept... and into that vacuum steps either the helpfully-minded, or the manipulative.

BBC used to have a whole load of forums. Due to cost-cutting measures the standard of moderation declined, it became a haven for trolls and then the plug was pulled. I know we've now moved on a few years now, but this looks like the same sort of pattern.

If you're going to do social media, as part of your brand, blummin' well DO it! And do it properly. Invest time, skill, and quality creative personnel in it. I am of the opinion that the powers that be in QVC really don't take anything other than their main live channel seriously. The signs of underinvestment are creeping in everywhere.

another fab post maymorganlondon

QVC should do away with presenters having social media profiles.
If they want one for personal reasons then fine, have a closed page. As mentioned in another thread, most employers restrict their employees social media activity especially if it runs the risk of bringing the company into disrepute.....DF has done more harm to brand QVC than I think she's even aware of....secret Facebook cliques, dodgy auction prizes.....in any another organisation she would have been given her P45 months ago......

Last edited:
Browsing their fb page I see several people spouting that rules are rules and QVC should be obeyed and so on. Yet I`d hedge my bets those very same people are privvy to one or all of DF`s groups where they will find out about tsv`s in advance anyway. It smacks of don`t so as I do but do as I say. I daresay she`s rallied the faithful to hit QVC`s page with nothing but praise and support for their recent clampdown.
The I`m alright Jack brigade rides again !

I can't be ar.... bothered looking, knowing DF and her snidey ways, I've no doubt at all she's rallying her followers. Got to pity her really a woman who's life is built around social media, when the Egyptians died they were buried with their slaves and gold, with DF it'll be with wifi connection and followers........ok maybe not but you get the point.

Latest posts

Back