Qvc Beauty Bash 2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would love to go but the cost of a train ticket to get there and back would cost far more than the entrance and the freebies.
Why can't they do regional ones, or at least one in say Glasgow, Cardiff, Leeds and Newcastle?

I agree with you 100%. Theres no way I can afford the trip down to London for this. I would so love to go though.

I would love to go and would have tried if it wasn't for having to ring a premium rate number. I wouldn't have minded if the tickets were £5 more expensive. I just don't want to support any initiative that uses these numbers.

Woo Hoo I've got an invitation to the BB for the morning session on 22nd Jan 2014. DD (17) fancies going, the possibilty of freebies is tempting her so we'll travel up to London from Sussex with all the suits on the train. Just what I needed, something to look forward to in the New Year.

It'll be my first Beauty Bash. LipstickCherry and I went to a few of the old format NYNY event which was a bit more of a free for all. The BB sounds more structured so it'll be good to compare them.

That is great! Enjoy it!

So they didn't send invites out before giving people option to buy tickets......very daft!!!

That's what I thought! I wasn't sure about buying a ticket and thought I'd leave it in case they did a free draw for tickets again. Glad I didn't buy tickets now. I'm surprised to get an invite because my beauty buying has dropped off since the 90s when I sold lots on ebay. The old NYNY event was always awash with ebay sellers which made me suspect it was sales related and not as random as the claim. Living about 90mins from London I usualy get the morning session which makes sense to allow those who live further afield to travel for the afternoon slots. It's the sort of common sense we're not used to seeing from QVC, so I fully expect some one to post that they live in Aberdeen and got a morning invitation!

Anyone else going to the morning bash on Jan 22nd?

That's what I thought! I wasn't sure about buying a ticket and thought I'd leave it in case they did a free draw for tickets again. Glad I didn't buy tickets now. I'm surprised to get an invite because my beauty buying has dropped off since the 90s when I sold lots on ebay. The old NYNY event was always awash with ebay sellers which made me suspect it was sales related and not as random as the claim. Living about 90mins from London I usualy get the morning session which makes sense to allow those who live further afield to travel for the afternoon slots. It's the sort of common sense we're not used to seeing from QVC, so I fully expect some one to post that they live in Aberdeen and got a morning invitation!

Anyone else going to the morning bash on Jan 22nd?

You lucky beggar. I have never been invited to any of these events - bit offended as I think I must rank as one of QVC's better customers in terms of amount purchased and very, very low level of returns (don't think I have returned anything for at least three years). I am sure they would say they don't handpick invitees though.

I had a call two or three years ago, asking me to some kind of test event. It was the following week in central London from about 7pm. I would love to have attended but never heard back from them. It was some marketing company on behalf of QVC. Often wonder what the product(s) would've been and what I would have been rewarded with!! Anyone ever been to one of these things?

I had a call two or three years ago, asking me to some kind of test event. It was the following week in central London from about 7pm. I would love to have attended but never heard back from them.

That's just rude of them not getting back to you.

I got an invite in the post yesterday, for the morning shift (9.30am-1pm) on the 23rd. Tried to call to confirm, but got a full mailbox answer phone. Last year I got a last minute invite 2 weeks before the event, so there is always hope for us all. I think they have got a bigger venue this year too, which helps.

Last edited:
Got excited yesterday as an envelope from Le Q hit the mat.

Christmas card with 2 easy pay voucher. Talk about an anti-climax!

Mind, I hardly ever buy beauty stuff from them now, can get most of the stuff I used to buy at trade prices now, so I'm hardly surprised it's another year without an invite.

Nothing for me it seems. The only one I went to was in 2011, it was great. I didn't have any spare money to spend on buying tickets and I imagine they've all gone now. Blah.

Alison Young has just said she will be at the first two days of the Beauty Bash but not the third, the Friday, she said that day is not for QVC viewers but for the Daily Mail.

Alison Young has just said she will be at the first two days of the Beauty Bash but not the third, the Friday, she said that day is not for QVC viewers but for the Daily Mail.

Everyone will want to go on the Friday now :mysmilie_59:

a bit rude its like downgrading the beauty bash. i dont buy a lot of beauty so dont expect the free invite but thats a bit spiteful...i wonder how much the spend is now to get the free invite

a bit rude its like downgrading the beauty bash. i dont buy a lot of beauty so dont expect the free invite but thats a bit spiteful...i wonder how much the spend is now to get the free invite

Its very rude considering the people on the Friday have bought and ticket with half of the proceedings going to charity.

Ok I brought 2 tickets for Friday afternoon and have been kicked in the gut by DVLA again so now looking for someone to come with me and drive me from Lancashire. For the last 2 years I've offered to drive people so I could go, now it's my turn to ask.

The story with DVLA is an absolute doozy. I've held a PCV, bus/coach driving licence, for 25 years. I have 4 curvatures in my spin with the top one being in my neck. Five years ago my spinal cord got badly squashed in my neck so they took a vertebra out and put a carbon cage in between C5 & C6. August 2012 squash symptoms returned both cage and other curvatures have moved. January this year I turned 45 which meant that I had to do 5 yearly compulsory medicals for my PCV, but I knew my GP wouldn't sign off on the medical. I'm fine to drive cars but not the constant turning and exaggerated movements for the bus. So I voluntarily surrendered my PCV thinking that would be it. Letter, medical form, another letter, another medical form and on and on. We get to July and I get a letter stating that all my licences had been revoked because "I'd had a psychotic episode" Pardon? GP not impressed. More letters and medical forms and I was told I would have a reply within 6 weeks which was basically this week. No I got another letter stating that they hadn't received my GP's letter so it's all been delayed again, but I know he sent it back at the end of November

So I'm stuck and for long days out I use my wheelchair. If I want to use public transport the cheapest way would mean that I would need to get to Liverpool for the 6am Mega Bus, but haven't got a clue how to get from Victoria bus station to the event as I can't use the tube, then to get back I would need a main line train station, after the train station the rest is easier but not good.

If anyone does want to drive me I'll go halves with petrol, congestion charge and toll charge but won't charge for the ticket.

I hope Nutsville, someone will take up your offer(I am in Northern Ireland so a no from me), and you do manage to get.

I have read some others(not on STelly), bitching about the idea of paying to go to this event, even though half goes to charity and they will no doubt get a fantastic goody bag. How mean and petty they are.

Hi Nutsville I sincerely hope someone steps in to enable you to go the BB. I'm in Sussex so no help to you. Psychotic episode? WTF? I hope you get it sorted soon I'd be lost without my car because I can't walk any distance, mind you I can't drive any distance either but it must be isolating as well as very inconvenient.

Latest posts

Back