Qvc beauty awards

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Itchy

Registered Shopper
It is nearly QVC beauty awards time, Allison has just informed us and I was wondering if many of you voted in it. I did last year. Liz Earle for skincare, Nails Inc and Bobbi Brown - I can't remember who else. Who do you vote for?

I heard Keeley say in a show recently she's hoping for best cleanser.

I heard Keeley say in a show recently she's hoping for best cleanser.

I would be surprised if Elemis get it. Usually Cleanse and Polish runs away with that award. The nominees for each category are not that extensive, there are a couple that I don't vote in because I use another product that QVC sell but it is not nominated.

I would be surprised if Elemis get it. Usually Cleanse and Polish runs away with that award. The nominees for each category are not that extensive, there are a couple that I don't vote in because I use another product that QVC sell but it is not nominated.

That's just what I thought when I heard her mention ahe was hoping for Elemis to win the best cleanser.

:handshake:

That is the thing QVC do not give us an open vote. They choose the brands in each group instead of saying your favourite sold on QVC open vote.
I mean Gatineau neck product is in bath and body care???????????
Its against L'Occitane etc bath and shower products.
They seem to be pushing Mally in a lot of cats too. I am wondering if QVC own a share in the Mally brand.

I gave Laura Geller a vote even though I do not use her products, because I just did not like the others in that group. So it was a case of those up for votes she was the best.

By what process and by whom are the nominees nominated? I asked the same Q last year. Can't be @rsed to vote tbh. But if I have a glass of wine I might indulge in some troll-like voting ...actually nah...still can't be @rsed.

Jude xx

That is the thing QVC do not give us an open vote. They choose the brands in each group instead of saying your favourite sold on QVC open vote.
I mean Gatineau neck product is in bath and body care???????????
Its against L'Occitane etc bath and shower products.
They seem to be pushing Mally in a lot of cats too. I am wondering if QVC own a share in the Mally brand.

I gave Laura Geller a vote even though I do not use her products, because I just did not like the others in that group. So it was a case of those up for votes she was the best.
That is exactly what I meant, but you phrased it better. e.g. i voted for LG B&B which I sometimes use, but prefer BB foundation which QVC do sell, but was not nominated. I think open voting would give more accurate data to QVC on their customers' beauty favourites.

I will not be voting either as I do not use most of the products that have been nominated. Once again I am disappointed that none of the products from the a'kin range have been nominated. A'kin rose & geranium cleanser is fab stuff & having used the others I can honestly say a'kin is the only one out of these (as well as alpha h balancing cleanser) that calms & soothes my skin as well as giving me a thorough cleanse. Also having recently tried products from the alpha h range, I think they are very good & also have good reviews so cannot understand why they have not been nominated.

Shock, horror, only three moisturisers have been nominated! What about elemis pcmc?

I would also like to know who put this list of nominees forward. The categories are heavily restricted and I would also have liked it to be an open vote. This very thing stopped me from voting last year.

Last edited:
voting ??? why bother ? the winners have probably been agreed beforehand, making this just one big PR exercise ! (and NO l have never voted for any other person/product/dancer/jungle type either, the same applies) We never ever see any of these voting systems ACTUALLY being counted, yes I know I know its all done electronically/computerised, but like all voting shows we only have their word for it; and I dont trust anyone enough to use my valuable time casting a vote for some pineapple chunk in the form of person or product. Especially after a few years ago when it was the biggest scam revealed on tv !!!!

Am I a cynic - yeah, of course I am !!!!! Rant over.

If I could I would vote for Boots essential Daily hair care shampoo price 60p. Best shampoo I've ever had. But I can't as QVC don't sell it :giggle:

How the bliddy he'll has this Sunbelievable stuff been 'nominated' for best body care. Oh please stop now. The Youngster herself has been wiffling on about how it's literally actually only been out a couple of weeks, so nominated by whooooooooooo. ?????

Last edited:
I too would like to know how the products are nominated. At least there is a chance at the end to pick your favourite product, well at least i think that is what it meant not pick one of the above oh now I am confused lol

Absolutely agree - what a frustrating set of choices. I've got on quite well with a few Elemis products recently, wanted to give them a vote and they're not even nominated!

If Q had specific criteria for compiling their nominations they should at least let us know. Are they tucked away in some small print somewhere?

Harrumph.

xx

I think its a mix of the best seller on QVC, and also the marketing people from each brand. How much they are willing to a*se lick QVC and give them products at good rates(QVC need to make sure they have their profits).

I was surprised that Alpha-H Absolute Eye Complex which has 47 reviews was not listed under Best eye product.

I too would like to know how the products are nominated. At least there is a chance at the end to pick your favourite product, well at least i think that is what it meant not pick one of the above oh now I am confused lol

Yes, you get the opportunity to put down your favourite product in at the end. Its better than nothing i suppose. Why do I think they probably ignore that one! I agree with everyone who posted. Some of the categories, apart from the fact that there are so few nominees, seem weird. Best Eye Product - I thought it would be creams/serums etc, but it includes make up items too. Its all a marketing thing for QVC, after the results are out, we will be having dedicated shows for the 'winners'

Latest posts

Back