QVC Beauty Awards 2011 - The Winners

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I am proud to say that I have not used any of the products with the exception of C&P, which gave me spots and BE which burned my face.........

Hi Shiny. It's a lively old place to be at times but enjoyable non the less.

Hi Catkins (love the picture by the way, that's one adorable cat)

Yes, lively is definitely what it seems to be! I guess I'll get used to it! :happy:

Er, WHY is it necessary to have an "Awards" of any description ????? we as customers certainly dont gain by it, so, whats it all for ??? Some 12 year old at qvc towers thought "I know, summer is always quiet, lets do the 'awards' thingy ". A bit like some barnpot coming up with Christmas in July. Its time QVC had a good hard long look at itself.

Have to agree with Artemis have tried several brands of skin care from le Q and haven't found the one for me yet.
I am currently sporting the worse spots i have ever had and am having treatment from my GP now from using Liz Earles Cleanse and Polish, really bad spots (i have under lying health problems which stops me healing well) but this has really affected me more than any other product i've tried. I tried C&P because my friends and my sis who has really sensitive skin love it but, it just shows not even award winners are for everyone! Am currently using a cream cleanser from morrisons that cost a £ and has been fine (maybe i'm just a cheap date!)

Hello Shiny, hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do, welcome aboard.

Hi silversequin, thanks for the warm welcome. :grin:

I'm sure I will enjoy it, I have learnt a couple of interesting things already! :wink: there's so much to read on here.................

Why is Alison not doing the awards show?? she pushed it and pushed it and did all those shows with the nominees seems a bit odd, she is the beauty expert, is she on her hols?

Decleor is now part owned/owned by Shisedo isn't it, Ojon by Estee Lauder I think, and Origins is another company that has a big name behind it too, but correct me if I'm wrong. But they're still on QVC. Some of the people shouting fix on FB are one's who have confessed to voting more than once for Elemis!

I know Shiseido bought BE last year, not heard about Decleor. Origins was started up by Estee Lauder and Revlon own Gatineau.

To vote more than once and for it to count, they would have to gone to different computers. I think more than one from IPS address wouldn't have been counted. I know in newpaper polls etc, if you try to vote more that once you click the results come up but your extra votes are not registered.

Why is Alison not doing the awards show?? she pushed it and pushed it and did all those shows with the nominees seems a bit odd, she is the beauty expert, is she on her hols?

She is doing tonights.

She's doing the 9pm-11pm awards show tonight!!

This will be the one that Keeley is on probably with a face like she has lost a fiver and found a quid!!

I know Shiseido bought BE last year, not heard about Decleor. Origins was started up by Estee Lauder and Revlon own Gatineau.

To vote more than once and for it to count, they would have to gone to different computers. I think more than one from IPS address wouldn't have been counted. I know in newpaper polls etc, if you try to vote more that once you click the results come up but your extra votes are not registered.

I am no expert, so excuse if this is a thick question, but can you not just delete the cookies and then vote again?

And welcome to the forum Shiny :wave:

I don't agree that LE has been pushed more than other ranges, for ages AY never presented LE shows and she has been a bit snooty towards it.

If QVC wanted to fix the awards wodn't it be better for them to let all the major brands win something?

I don't agree either Boris Bear. I think it's the opposite and found that Decleor used to be flavour of the month in the past and more recently feel Elemis is favourite with QVC. I have nothing against these brands, by the way, and love the new Elemis foot cream.

Oh yes welcome to the forum Shiny. Have fun!:wave:

Iceupsnowqueen and LuvLizEarleStuff

Thank you both for your welcome's, nice to 'meet' you too :wave:

Maybe I am a little naive here :thinking:, but I can not see why it should be rigged. The point is to get publicity for the product and to get people to talk about it - which it most certainly does ( at least I think that is the point of these award thingies) - possibly now I am being to critical :thinking:?

Welcome Shiny, its a lot of fun here :hi::rock:

Latest posts

Back