QVC at Chelsea

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saw the garden last year at chelsea in the flesh.sorry but i did not like it.
managed to say hello to raymond evison and buy a large clematis on sell off.
hoping for a raymond evison tsv as his plants are really worth the money.
with clematis the variety and breeding are essential as his plants are really superb!

saw the garden last year at chelsea in the flesh.sorry but i did not like it.
managed to say hello to raymond evison and buy a large clematis on sell off.
hoping for a raymond evison tsv as his plants are really worth the money.
with clematis the variety and breeding are essential as his plants are really superb!

I just got the OTO - raymond evison clematis - WHY DID I DO THIS???? I have told myself every time that I am not going to get any more of the crappy qvc plants, but RJ was telling me that they were lovely and selling like hotcakes so I just 'reached for the phone'.

Hope these are as good as you say then maybe I won't be disappointed this time!

I bought the clematis OTO too.
I quite liked the QVC garden, much better IMO then the big very sculptured gardens. They dont do a thing for me I'm afraid.A a garden should look like a garden, not be full of concrete and and straight lines. i think the RHS need to change their judging panel next year! :D

I thought some of them looked a bit too modern IMHO. How many of us have gardens like that. Most of us have a lawn for the kids to play on and a few tubs and hanging baskets - lets have some normal gardens which we have a chance of recreating in the back yard!!!

last years garden looked like a mini field but this one looks nice.will see it on saturday...
the raymond evison clematis are really lovely and last for years.i have 2 tubs and a larger flowered climbing one called sugar candy.
my mum has the first tsv 3 years ago its so huge and really does flower like mad.
next march just cut it back to 6 inches and watch it go mad.i use spray and gro its fantastic.

I bought the clematis OTO too.
I quite liked the QVC garden, much better IMO then the big very sculptured gardens. They dont do a thing for me I'm afraid.A a garden should look like a garden, not be full of concrete and and straight lines. i think the RHS need to change their judging panel next year! :D

I thought some of them looked a bit too modern IMHO. How many of us have gardens like that. Most of us have a lawn for the kids to play on and a few tubs and hanging baskets - lets have some normal gardens which we have a chance of recreating in the back yard!!!
I was thinking the same thing. Personally I find the big modern sculptured gardens too impersonal, and definitely not homely. I prefer the ‘Pilgrims Rest’ garden:21: to all those ‘best in show’ type of gardens.:35:

I suppose it's like the way that catwalk fahion is watered down by the time it gets to the high street.
I am enjoying watching Joe swift and Mr Titchmarsh on BBC2 this week.

adam frost did a great job beautifull garden.
met the qvc plant buyer really nice chap i talked to him as i thought he was the garden designer.....
qvc did a lovely leaflet about the garden and designer and some of the plants and seeds are available to buy from qvc.attatched to the leaflets were small sample sizes of pro collagen hand cream a nice touch.
my fav garden of all was the one that the ex offenders do. really gutsy planting and very nice touches...a door as a table top excellent. fun day..

I was there yesterday, the poet of the day did her recital in the QVC garden and there was a glimpse of us on telly last night as the BBC were filming it. Get me!! Managed to get a couple of Elemis samples too.

It was lovely, the courtyard gardens were my favourite. The Laurent Perrier garden was stunning too.

Latest posts

Back