QVC and high prices ..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

spooky - would it help if she put it in a pony tail - not too tight a band and nape of neck - to keep it in place while she sleeps?

this was the exact reason my mum never let me have long hair. well, that and the fact she had a thing about nits. i don't think i ever got over my childhood longing for long hair and it's been long ever since i was old enough to have any say in it - teens. maybe that's why i'm now one of those old ladies who still has very long hair ;)

thanks Janie but its a bit too short to go up and stay in a pony tail now, we've tried an elastically hairband tho thinking it would at least keep the hair calmer and in position overnight, but she woke up with a headache. The new Tangle Teezer has been despatched evidently so can't wait to play with this with her, apparently they are good to use on doggies too so if it doesn't work then the puppy will be happy LOL

spooky - yeah, that's why i said not too tight and nape of the neck. i get a headache if i even part my hair a different way so i know what you mean. i think some of us just have tangly hair.

Spooky, glad to hear you are gonna give it a try! Do let us know! Oprah had recommended the silk pillowcases to reduce facial wrinkles and keep the hairstyle for 3/4 days. Q sells them in pairs cheaper than for one from JL and Q has that 30 day MBG. So, Snoopy, maybe one for her and one for you! lol All the best to your girl (and you, too) from Auntie Snarly

Spooky, glad to hear you are gonna give it a try! Do let us know! Oprah had recommended the silk pillowcases to reduce facial wrinkles and keep the hairstyle for 3/4 days. Q sells them in pairs cheaper than for one from JL and Q has that 30 day MBG. So, Snoopy, maybe one for her and one for you! lol All the best to your girl (and you, too) from Auntie Snarly

Thanks Auntie Snarly, p'haps I will follow Oprah's lead and buy silk sheets as well, might help reduce body wrinkles LOL LOL

Spooky, what a sillykins I am calling you Snoopy, please forgive me! That post was pre-meds! (((hug)))

Spooky - I'm another TT fan - been using them a few years but can't get on with the compact version. I don't even try to get anything else through my hair now and it's helped enormously while growing it as it doesn't cause split ends on me. I've also tried silk pillowcases but not seen any difference tbh. What has made a difference is putting my hair into a pineapple. I've only recently discovered this along with Goody SlideProof elastics. the SlideProofs allow me to put my hair right up on top of my head without pulling the hair tightly so I don't get a headache. The silicone waves on the bands stop them sliding out of the hair. They're much, much better than normal ponytail bands (though I was rec'd Blax silicone braid bands by my cousin but I couldn't be bothered to get them online and found the Goodys in my local Morrison's instead). I've also seen Goody hairbands in the same non-slip stuff but haven't tried them.

If your daughter is growing her hair, a thought for the future is what my cousin does: she takes her hair up into a pineapple then pushes it into a child's sock with the toe cut out. Then she rolls the sock along with the hair into the head so she gets a kind of bun/ring formation. The next morning, she pulls it out and it's formed gorgeous, untangled, bounce waves! I'm trying to grow mine to a length that this'll work for me!

Latest posts

Back