Q please stop your ridiculous justificstion of p&p on air

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't believe QVC are still getting away with their ridiculous postage. I remember once ordering a whole load of Liz Earle for myself for Christmas (from the husband) and then being mortified at the £20 odd which was added on for postage. Luckily my card was rejected (had been stolen and blocked but I forgot when i placed the order) and so the order never went through. By the time they phoned me the next day to tell me i had come to my senses and I told them to just cancel the order. Husband went to Liz's website and got me a gorgeous set, one set of reasonable P&P and a free sample to try too.

I'm in Australia now and there are SO many companies offering free shipping from the UK to here it's fab! I can find most of what i want, prices are better than here and I usually have the purchase within about two weeks. Can't argue with that! of those that charge for postage, M&S have a flat fee of £15 to Australia so we do a big order every few months to stock up on the stuff we like, we can buy household items, Christmas stuff, boots, PJ's etc, doesn't matter how heavy it'll still only be £15. New Look and Dorothy Perkins charge under a tenner, to Australia! QVC charge nearly £6 to get a ring from Liverpool within the UK? Something needs to be looked at because as more and more people get internet savvy they'll find their non techie minded customer base shrinking along with their massive P&P profits...

Tx

It seems that Q ARE losing sales going by recent happenings to do with this forum, and I'm sure that a lot of that is to do with the P & P - those of us who can get about the shops, or have computers to check out other outlets, are taking our pennies elsewhere - plenty of other companies offer free delivery, and what's more FAST delivery, so fast & free together is even better - come on Q, wake up and smell the coffee! I bought three items from feelunique last week - all prices included delivery, and the SBC handwash (thanks Pinkmoon) was £7 delivered - a bit different to Q's price, even the surprise price, which, tho below the £7, still carried P & P taking it up nearer £10 or £11. Q are a waste of time these days..a big turn off.

the p and p is the main reason I hardly ever shop with them, and I can't be the only one. I feel insulted by it, it is such a blatant rip off, I think it will go even higher too, expect it will be £7 95 next year to have a pair of Emu boots sent out and £6 95 on most of the beauty TSVs,. As for me its Amazon or the dreaded high street all the way.

I've just ordered on-line a high-security combination lock (about £65) which weighs almost 2Kg. FREE POSTAGE OF COURSE.

iT WILL BE DESPATCHED TODAY FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY.

It was also the cheapest place I could find it on-line (Discount Locks), cheaper than Amazon and Ebay.

Last edited:
It seems that Q ARE losing sales going by recent happenings to do with this forum, and I'm sure that a lot of that is to do with the P & P - those of us who can get about the shops, or have computers to check out other outlets, are taking our pennies elsewhere - plenty of other companies offer free delivery, and what's more FAST delivery, so fast & free together is even better - come on Q, wake up and smell the coffee! I bought three items from feelunique last week - all prices included delivery, and the SBC handwash (thanks Pinkmoon) was £7 delivered - a bit different to Q's price, even the surprise price, which, tho below the £7, still carried P & P taking it up nearer £10 or £11. Q are a waste of time these days..a big turn off.

But oh, so much easier to fling the blame at the forum alone than address the real problem. I think someone earlier hit the nail on the head, they don't want us thinking too long about our purchases in case we see sense and don't buy it! Instead of sending out easy pay codes, why not try a few free P+P vouchers as a goodwill gesture? Oh and I would hazard a guess that the staff in the warehouse aren't all earning a fortune either.

Just received an email that the item I ordered 2 hours ago has been shipped, it also had a clear statement about DSR in the email - - - - - - - >

Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have 7 working days, commencing on the day after you receive the goods, in which you can cancel your order for a full refund. You must do this in writing, fax or email, a phone call is not sufficient. You are required to return the goods to us and at your expense. You are required to take reasonable care of the goods and return together with any original packaging.

Just catching up with this thread, I saw at the weekend what was a new product for me.....Joe & Sephs gourmet popcorn on for an introductory price. So I decided to check out their website and found....p&p was included. Six 80g bags for the price of five and no postage costs and delivery came within two days. Probably be still waiting if I'd ordered from QVC with £3.95 p&p!

So this is nonsense about other companies furtively incorporating postal charges, even Q's own suppliers can give a better deal direct from their own websites. :smirk:

Just remembered.....it was on advance orders only as well, not shipped until early December. That's QVC service for you!

Last edited:
I've been with QVC since day one and buy a few things a year, I have honestly never had a problem with them ever, however the P&P definatley needs addressing, if it were more reasonable I know I would buy more, and my mum would too. I sell a few wee bits and bobs on ebay and even I manage to combine my P&P or factor it into the item in a fair way.

Just had a quick look on the feelunique web site and for £17.00 you can get BOTH the hand wash and the hand cream for £17.
Now both are on waitlist on the Q website but if you felt like taking a chance on them getting their act together and having any NEW stock to fill your order they will charge you
£35.45 for the same items.
how can they justify it???

Just catching up with this thread, I saw at the weekend what was a new product for me.....Joe & Sephs gourmet popcorn on for an introductory price. So I decided to check out their website and found....p&p was included. Six 80g bags for the price of five and no postage costs and delivery came within two days. Probably be still waiting if I'd ordered from QVC with £3.95 p&p!

So this is nonsense about other companies furtively incorporating postal charges, even Q's own suppliers can give a better deal direct from their own websites. :smirk:

Just remembered.....it was on advance orders only as well, not shipped until early December. That's QVC service for you!

I saw that as well and ordered it from Joe & Seph direct - came really quickly

I ordered a coat online late last night. Received an email this morning saying it had been despatched and will arrive tomorrow, free p and p included in the service.

Latest posts

Back