Q now selling White goods

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got a leaflet from Miele and QVC to tell me all about this, so exciting, before it goes on air, whopee, cause i'm a

Miele customer. And guess what i bought, to get this special preferential treatment.......... hoover bags LOL

I got a leaflet from Miele and QVC to tell me all about this, so exciting, before it goes on air, whopee, cause i'm a

Miele customer. And guess what i bought, to get this special preferential treatment.......... hoover bags LOL

Favouritism much :tongue: lol i guess they were worried they may sell out before they loyal customers notice..............not lol

loyal customer! lol. I got a letter and leaflet too, I thought it was "the letter" as I have returned practically everything I have bought lately. But no. Please buy the Miele TSV. There have only been 2 appliance-type products I have bought from Q over the years, a steam mop and a ninja. So no idea why I was sent that letter.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have a car, or access to a van so pick-up of large items is not an option. Our local store (one mile from our house and a part of a large chain) wanted to charge £50 to drive a washing machine from the store to my house what must be ten years ago now. I know other retailers may not charge at all, but relative to this, I'd say QVC's charge is not that bad!

I wonder if anyone would use the 30 day money back guarantee, how much would that cost to send back. Unless that's included in the £50 charge? :cheeky:

You can still cancel under DSR, though you wouldn't be able to plumb it in for a week and do back to back loads of stock-piled washing. :thinking:

QVC have sold white goods before, though I can't remember the brand.

Q? Do Miele sell "Hoover" bag? , How v broad minded of them! :tongue:

Jude xx

Appliances online delivered my whopping American style fridge freezer for free. AND would have done so the next day if I had wanted. So take that QVC!!! And they were over £50 cheaper than anywhere else :)

I can't recall buying appliances from anywhere other than Comet but following their demise I shall have to go elsewhere - don't somehow think it will be Q though!

try sainsburys kitchen appliances (branch of the supermarket but online only) or tesco have similar. I got my SMEG fridge freezer and Zanussi washer/dryer from sainsburys. I can't remember the exact delivery options but I selected delivery & installation and removal of the old one for a much more reasonable pricethan Q. The price was extremely competitive, delivery was very quick and I got loads of nectar points too. I remember because the points paid for the Christmas turkey and the rest of Christmas dinner that year!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Appliances Online! Superb prices and service :). I have no affiliation but after the dreadful service I received by Currys (who I originally bought that fridge from. The drivers wouldn't even get it off the van saying 'they don't fit in British houses'!!! How did AO get in in my house then....??) I want to promote companies that DO look after customers.

The last three appliances I have bought have been from Very, great prices and superb service

Appliances Online! Superb prices and service :). I have no affiliation but after the dreadful service I received by Currys (who I originally bought that fridge from. The drivers wouldn't even get it off the van saying 'they don't fit in British houses'!!! How did AO get in in my house then....??) I want to promote companies that DO look after customers.

Appliances online actually 'own' all those store electrical shops like Sainsburys that has just been mentioned in this thread, m and s , boots etc, I have a feeling I read you are contracting with AOL and not the store itself when you buy. Reviews are mixed for AOL with one of the main criticisms being they bug people to buy warranties.

My personal fav at the moment is the Co-op electrical.

Meant to say as we'll that QVC have sold white goods in the past but it didn't last for long.

Yes, they did try to sell me a warranty but I said no and they were ok with that. Any time you buy electricals they try to sell you warranties so AO are no different!

least it makes a change

here is the £50 delivery breakdown

Delivery timeline and process
Customer will be contacted by Ceva (Miele's delivery company) within 48 to 72 hours of placing their order with QVC to confirm a suitable date for the delivery
Ceva will contact the customer the day before delivery and confirm the delivery date is still OK to go ahead and then agree a two-hour delivery time slot for the delivery and installation

Installation service
Products will be connected to existing service points, which must be no further than one metre away from the product location
Transit bars/bolts will be removed and stowed at the rear of the product (washing machines only)
Crews will undertake a check for electrical safety for the 13 amp/3-pin socket prior to connecting the power lead
Water supply (cold feed only required) will be connected provided there is a clear isolation point for the supply
Drain hose will be located into the existing drain standpipe
Product will be set to run a test cycle to ensure functionality and to identify any possible leaks in the connections
For condenser tumble dryers drain pipes will be connected where appropriate - there will be no supply or connection of vent hoses

Disconnection service
The redundant/replaced product will be disconnected (and taken away) where required subject to the reversal of the installation process
Water feed pipes must have local isolation points
Electrical connections must be 13 amp/3-pin and be safe/secure (ie not hard-wired)
Delivery crews will not proceed with installation/disconnection in the following circumstances:
No access to standard 13 amp/3 pin electrical socket
Failure of electrical safety test, or visibly loose/insecure wiring
Lack of isolation valve for water supply
Where any existing connections cannot be removed under reasonable force
Where there is any additional plumbing required
Where there is any modification needed to furniture/cabinets

If an installation fails for any reason, the crew will notify the customer why

Product removal/disposal
This service is offered solely for the product being replaced and subject to the guidelines above. Any product removed will be disposed of in line with current Miele environmental policy.

Complaint process
At the completion of the delivery/installation customers are required to sign for the successful delivery and complete a short satisfaction report which confirms that a) installation has taken place to the satisfaction of the customer and b) gives the customer the opportunity to report on any issues of property damage/installation failure etc.

In the case of any subsequent issue, the customer should call the QVC customer care line who will log the issue and proceed with a full investigation.

Latest posts

Back