Prologene / System Corps Reaction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes lack of ingredients on the website is very annoying.

Interestingly if you look on the decleor UK website they will vaguely and exotically list as:

Coconut Oil, Meadowfoam Oil, Plant Glycoprotein, D Panthenol, Vitamin E Ester and Moisturising Agents

But go to the USA site and they seem to accommodate the more demanding American with:

Ingredients: WATER (AQUA), ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, GLYCERIN, SORBITAN STEARATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL MYRISTATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, LYSINE PCA, STEARETH-100, CETYL PALMITATE, LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CETYL ALCOHOL, HYDROLYZED EXTENSIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN

So there is your answer for Decleor products :D

Arent 'Parabens' the things that they are trying to cut out of cosmetics because they are bad for us? I dont know much about it but if they are the same thing, how can they sell these products without mentioning it when they push cosmetics such as Laura Gellar and YBF as not containing these seemingly dangerous ingredients??:33:

Bet

Well, that's my TWO (had intended to give one to my daughter for her birthday but she has skin like mine) boxed up and ready to go back!

I have emptied a bit of the contents of one lot but left the other intact.

This could mean me also receiving THEE letter!

Bring it on!

Ive decided mine is going back too, i have a bottle of system corps on the go so i think i might pour some of the new bottle into that before returning.

Great tip..

Im really disappointed as i thought Decleor were different, im just going to stick to LE from now on.

Does anyone think that the LE energising gel would be a good replacement for the prolagene gel??

What is the problem with mineral oil please? I still have bits of decleor I am using up. As for lanolin-I would have thought they would make it clear that was an ingredient as so many people are allergic to it. I feel a letter to qvc coming on!

Arent 'Parabens' the things that they are trying to cut out of cosmetics because they are bad for us? I dont know much about it but if they are the same thing, how can they sell these products without mentioning it when they push cosmetics such as Laura Gellar and YBF as not containing these seemingly dangerous ingredients??:33:

Bet

Yes a growing number of people are avoiding parabens. (These ones are paraben preservatives). Funny isn't it as you say how companies make a big fuss when they are not there but fail to mention them when glossing up the natural extracts in their products!

Many people, including me, have not had a reaction to them even though they are known irritants but there are a lot of questions over toxicity anyway so the movement is growing. Trouble is most of the cosmetic industry is built on parabens :(

It is probably worth trying to narrow down the possible culprits if you have a reaction.

Not always easy to work out what it is unless you have introduced only one thing obviously new though.

if you have had a reaction qvc may give you a full refund includng postage.
l'occitane shea butter lotion is quite good on oils as they tend to use grape seed oil and so on. decleor have gone right down then i swear they used a better base than this in the past.

Yeh I have never had a reaction to the L'Occitane Shea Butter Body Lotion. It is tricky cos I have been using the Prologene on my face with no reaction and I would have thought my face would be more likely to react than my body! Will keep the systeme corps for the rest of my body cos I dont want to be out of pocket with postage. I will know for next time!! Thought as a salon brand Decleor would have to be better quality or everyone in the spas would complain!

I phoned QVC and told them i had a reaction to the handcream and that i wasnt aware when i bought the tsv that the handcream contained lanolin....

QVC replied that as the item wasnt faulty i had to pay the postage myself to return for a refund and ive to put in a note explaining the problem.

I think i could be getting 'THE LETTER' soon lol

Yes Miniminx it sounds the same. Little tiny bumps under the skin and a red hue all over - Extremely attractive!! Now I dont know if it is Prologene or Systeme Corps - Sounds like they are both full of crap!!

Thats interesting then as i noticed it had come back recently and i have been back onto using Prolagene. Bu**er, ive just opened a new one!

No. Their ingredients are good. Don't be put off by the iodine listed on the PCMC, it's derived from the seaweed they use. I've also been surprised by the ingredients on some of the Decleor products. Liquid paraffin in the handcream to name one cheap and nasty.

Elemis contains proplyene glycol which is used in anti-freeze. Often is it high up their ingredients list as well ...

I've noticed Fiona (who I quite like) say that Decleor beleive that the first thing you should put on your skin should be 100% natural thats why they recommend an aromessence or night balm to protect your skin from whatever you put on from the brand next !!!!to whoever mentioned it - i don't thinkLiz Earle's energising gel would do the same job as prolagene but it is lovely to use but I'm pretty sure that has carbomer in too which is a by product of the plastics industry and gives the gel consistency (unless the formula has been changed).

I didn't know that Lady Tia, thanks. Actually, I bought some LE line serum last week and didn't look at the ingredients (thinking it was safe). Got home, looked at the package and saw it had Proplyene Glycol in it. Not happy.

To add balance. You will find that Proplyene Glycol in many, many cosmetics and skin care items.

There are long term questions over it and this is unknown but only some people have a sensitivity to it. Suppose it's also question of balance of ingredients and what you personally accept. We could all go completely natural and stop using all the things we have got used to but eek mascara, deodorant, etc.

If we can find natural alternatives then why not but if you are trying to avoid altogether then you may find it hard cos is in so many of our daily items.

Yep - it's just one of those ingredients I prefer NOT to use (there's quite a list of others as well). Slowly but surely I am changing over to things which don't contain chemical ingredients (toothpaste is actually one of the first things people should look at). The only think I cannot change is my face cream - it's the only one my skin /rosacea never reacts to.

whenever alison is on with fiona from decleor they make out it is all aromatherapy and expensive ingridients but in reality the products are full of cheap fillers and chemicals. i had a reaction on my skin so i tried a'kin unscented body lotion and it helped clear my dry and very sore skin. this is totally chemical free. i find this much better for my skin i also use this when my hands are sore and chapped.

Yep - it's just one of those ingredients I prefer NOT to use (there's quite a list of others as well). Slowly but surely I am changing over to things which don't contain chemical ingredients (toothpaste is actually one of the first things people should look at). The only think I cannot change is my face cream - it's the only one my skin /rosacea never reacts to.

Been following thos thread with interest. Can I ask Cupcake:"why look at toothpaste?" :33: (Mind you : do I want to know?)
I have learned so much from reading these threads, thanks to everyone.

Been following thos thread with interest. Can I ask Cupcake:"why look at toothpaste?" :33: (Mind you : do I want to know?)
I have learned so much from reading these threads, thanks to everyone.

Most toothpaste has sodium lauryl sulphate, my eldest DD can't use it because it causes painful ulcers in her mouth.

Latest posts

Back