Profit and Loyalty.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I saw the original Scrub Daddy inventor, present his product on Shark Tank, with Lori Greiner investing. As is the norm with her, she took it to QVC US, with great acclaim. It was only a matter of time, before it came over here. I don't shop with IW but, whilst checking the website, I noticed the Scrub Daddy Cleaning Buddy, reduced by £5, to £19.99.
No room for sentiment in business - rightly so, imo - but this endorses the fact that loyalty goes out the window when it comes to making money. Does anyone know how this was presented, as I can't see Lori appearing on IW? I do think that, from a purely business aspect, the unenviable reputation of IW won't do them any favours. Adversely, associating the product with such an unprofessional shopping channel, will have a negative impact.

Too be honest I don't think it really makes any difference to a product like this. Of it was a high end, expensive item then it might do. Otherwise what shop sells it does not really matter for most people.

I bought them when they were first aired on QVC and they are good. Unlike the Moppet sponges I used to use (and bin after a week of washing up) they don't smell, it's easy to rinse them out after use and they can also be used for cleaning. And 8 from QVC were cheaper than buying 4 from Amazon (at the current advertised price.) I've still got the same two in use, since buying them, and so have 6 'stockpiled' for later.

I'm sure that you can probably buy them cheaper elsewhere, but I was happy to try them from QVC because I could have sent them back if they hadn't done what he said they would.

Latest posts

Back