Price's Candles Set of 6 Flowered tea light Holders OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It says in the description for the candles and tealights collection that's on auto-delivery that the jar candles are 615g. Eh? The last set like this that I got, the jars were 380g and were said to burn for about 40hrs, the same. 615g is huge - a medium Yankee jar is 411g and the Price's ones can't be 1.5 times the size!

i think the six candles and 60 t lights are better value than the oto t lights with holders collection

i bought a fudge prices candle from tk maxx and it was beautiful. they are not mind blowingly strong but you get a decent enough throw. plus i like the way they blend the fragances.theres enough to give as a small gift and to keep some. plus the auto delivery scents are really nice sounding

One of the selling points of Prices Candles for me was that all the candles were white, no matter what the fragrance. I'm not too keen on all the colours they're bringing out now TBH.
I don't really know why, because I buy Yankee Candles as well, but I suppose Prices always looked a bit 'classier' than Yankee.

parks are my all time favourite essential oils and a vegetable wax with beautiful fragance

I have a large 3 wick Sandy Bay candle, which I've yet to light. But every morning I come downstairs, I can smell the most beautiful fragrance from it. I'm sure when I light it it will be divine.

That said & despite not needing any more candles, decided to buy both, the Prices one time only & the auto delivery set. Never tried prices before, but after looking at some previous reviews a bit worried now as people say the fragrance is very weak. Oh well will see what they are like. They will have to go back if no good.

I have a large 3 wick Sandy Bay candle, which I've yet to light. But every morning I come downstairs, I can smell the most beautiful fragrance from it. I'm sure when I light it it will be divine.

That said & despite not needing any more candles, decided to buy both, the Prices one time only & the auto delivery set. Never tried prices before, but after looking at some previous reviews a bit worried now as people say the fragrance is very weak. Oh well will see what they are like. They will have to go back if no good.

some people say yankees are weak. depends on your sense of smell. if these dont smell i will return as with the postage of £6 its still money. but the reviews are quite good overall

I actually have just returned the Yankee Set of 3 world journeys candles purchased recently as their fragrances were extremely weak. One of them was ok, lovely in fact but the other 2 I could hardly smell. It didn't help either that the pink one which was the best out of the 3 arrived with the glass cracked & a big chip out the rim. Getting a bit fed up with yankee now. Finding them a bit hit & miss. I need to remember to phone up & cancel my auto delivery for the 3 large jars from January. Not sure I fancy the Cappuccino Truffle one.

Price's Candles did a TSV a couple of Christmas's a go in a similar configuration. I ordered that. Gave half away and kept half for myself.

This auto delivery looks good. I'm considering cancelling the auto delivery I have sent up for YC next month (the one and only drop from the US collection TSV) and I need to cancel the AD from Jan soon too, as I believe that's due out shortly.

Price's Candles did a TSV a couple of Christmas's a go in a similar configuration. I ordered that. Gave half away and kept half for myself.

This auto delivery looks good. I'm considering cancelling the auto delivery I have sent up for YC next month (the one and only drop from the US collection TSV) and I need to cancel the AD from Jan soon too, as I believe that's due out shortly.

According to my records, the January TSV AD3 is due to be despatched around 20/22 July and the AD of the duo (originally in May) is due for despatch around 7/10 August, just so you know.

INot sure I fancy the Cappuccino Truffle one.
I was so excited about he new cappuccino truffle, I love coffee and I love chocolate ;) so when my candle arrived, I smelt it found it was more like a weak chocolate without much coffee smell at all was extremely disappointed. It's like what a lot of people have said on this forum, the smell isn't that strong with some scents. I have some slated caramel votives and the smell and throw is fabulous, everyone in the house adores them and noticed the other day, they are now retired.

Ended but the Prices auto delivery, this forum costs me so much!

I received the Price's 6 Jar Candles & 60 T-lights Fragrance Gift Collection (705154) today and I'm disappointed. I've loved their sets the past couple of years but some of these smells are just not for me. The Herbaceous Lavender and Peony & Geranium just smell like generic floral candles from a cheapo shop - really bitter, artificial and toilet-cleanerish. It doesn't help that the Sparkling Grapefruit smell seems to have pervaded all the other tealights so they smell a bit odd, even though I normally like anything with grapefruit/citrus.

I'm hoping they will all smell a darn sight better when I light them or for the first time ever, I'll be returning them part-burnt and hang the cost of postage. I've never taken advantage of the 30 day MBG before. Oh, and they are definitely not 615g jars as the website says.

Sorry to be so negative - not like me, especially regarding candles. Hope all of you who ordered like yours - I know everyone has different tastes.

I received the Price's 6 Jar Candles & 60 T-lights Fragrance Gift Collection (705154) today and I'm disappointed. I've loved their sets the past couple of years but some of these smells are just not for me. The Herbaceous Lavender and Peony & Geranium just smell like generic floral candles from a cheapo shop - really bitter, artificial and toilet-cleanerish. It doesn't help that the Sparkling Grapefruit smell seems to have pervaded all the other tealights so they smell a bit odd, even though I normally like anything with grapefruit/citrus.

I'm hoping they will all smell a darn sight better when I light them or for the first time ever, I'll be returning them part-burnt and hang the cost of postage. I've never taken advantage of the 30 day MBG before. Oh, and they are definitely not 615g jars as the website says.

Sorry to be so negative - not like me, especially regarding candles. Hope all of you who ordered like yours - I know everyone has different tastes.

i agree if they dont smell when burnt you should demand your postage back. they are scented candles after all...hope i like them. i am a sucker for yankees but i need t lights

Update: It's not Peony & Geranium but Orange Blossom and Geranium and that's the one I cannot stand. It's making the whole box of candles stink and the room the box is in. I've decided the Herbaceous Lavender is not so bad if you smell it in isolation. The other floral, Sweet Pea Posy, is ok-ish but I still prefer Yankee's Lavender and Sweet Pea versions.

I have not lit any yet but am not inclined to at the moment.

orange blossom and geranium sound fab my kind of scent. oh well i will have to wait and see

Oto arrived and all smell beautiful. Pretty tea light holders too. Large jars and tealighes arrived today but not opened yet. Will tackle that tomorrow.

Still waiting for my larger jars. Hopefully they will come today. My OTO arrived yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised at how strong the tea-lights smelt, after reading some of the negative reviews. Not that over keen on the holders if being honest, but will use them.
AndiK - Sorry you don't like yours. Maybe when you burn them, they will be better.

As long as they are half decent I will keep mine. They were £24.91 in total which works out £4.15 for one jar & 1 set of matching tea-lights. You can pay around £3 for a febreeze/glade candle so I think the value is really good. Might light one of my tea-lights in a bit. Chocolate orange one I think:)

I only ever use Prices Candles the value is really great and the throw of fragrance is always good, but got to say, I lit the coconut tea light from the Auto Delivery set yesterday and it was gorgeous, the strong throw from two little tea lights was great, even more impressed than normal with Prices.

Latest posts

Back