Price's Candles Set of 6 Flowered tea light Holders OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

According to my records, the January TSV AD3 is due to be despatched around 20/22 July and the AD of the duo (originally in May) is due for despatch around 7/10 August, just so you know.

Thank-you. I've actually emailed QVC to cancel both the Auto deliveries I have in place this morning. Decided I have enough in at the moment (as I don't burn much in the summer and I got x5 jars while I was in the US in March), it's added expense I don't need at the moment and I'm sure other TSV's will come along to entice me.

orange blossom and geranium sound fab my kind of scent. oh well i will have to wait and see

I do hope you love it, boffy. You probably will. There are five 5* reviews for the set on the Q site already so I think it's fair to say "it's just me"!

The reviews on this are great so far on the QVC website, and based on this thread I had decided to order the small jars and tea lights too. I've bought Price's candles before, the first TSV set I bought I was disappointed with and didn't buy again for ages, but I bought the last Christmas TSV and was impressed by the fragrance, very subtle, but for the price not bad at all. So, hopefully when I get back from work my parcel will be there and I can try them out:)

The reviews on this are great so far on the QVC website, and based on this thread I had decided to order the small jars and tea lights too. I've bought Price's candles before, the first TSV set I bought I was disappointed with and didn't buy again for ages, but I bought the last Christmas TSV and was impressed by the fragrance, very subtle, but for the price not bad at all. So, hopefully when I get back from work my parcel will be there and I can try them out:)

I have had four similar sets from Prices's in the past and been extremely happy so this is probably a glitch for me. I haven't cancelled the auto-delivery for this set yet and I probably won't, trusting past experience with the brand. Hope you get yours today so you can try for yourself.

Still waiting for my larger jars. Hopefully they will come today. My OTO arrived yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised at how strong the tea-lights smelt, after reading some of the negative reviews. Not that over keen on the holders if being honest, but will use them.
AndiK - Sorry you don't like yours. Maybe when you burn them, they will be better.

As long as they are half decent I will keep mine. They were £24.91 in total which works out £4.15 for one jar & 1 set of matching tea-lights. You can pay around £3 for a febreeze/glade candle so I think the value is really good. Might light one of my tea-lights in a bit. Chocolate orange one I think:)

The jars and tea lights set is certainly great value. Hope yours arrive later today or tomorrow so you can try them and let us know.

Hopefully you will prefer the next drop Andi, out of the two AD options I thought the second drop sounded more appealing.

I have found that the Price's candles do fragrance smaller rooms nicely, e.g. the boys' bedrooms, so that will be my first line of attack when my parcel arrives :)

i m burning the geranium orange blossom t light and its really beautiful. its so strong for a t light. i bought a set of t lights and samplers from yankee and these prices t lights are far stonger and more sophisticated. burning the coconut its softer than the geranium. its so hot at the moment and the yankee jars give off a lot of heat but these t lights are so nicely scented. quite gobsmacked specially for the price. glad i got the auto delivery. will burn a the jar candle later to see how they fare.

for once there is some value in qvc :mysmilie_3:

Hopefully you will prefer the next drop Andi, out of the two AD options I thought the second drop sounded more appealing.

I have found that the Price's candles do fragrance smaller rooms nicely, e.g. the boys' bedrooms, so that will be my first line of attack when my parcel arrives :)

I agree about the AD fragrances - they sound more like the Price's I am used to and have loved in the past.

i m burning the geranium orange blossom t light and its really beautiful. its so strong for a t light. i bought a set of t lights and samplers from yankee and these prices t lights are far stonger and more sophisticated. burning the coconut its softer than the geranium. its so hot at the moment and the yankee jars give off a lot of heat but these t lights are so nicely scented. quite gobsmacked specially for the price. glad i got the auto delivery. will burn a the jar candle later to see how they fare.

for once there is some value in qvc :mysmilie_3:

Ah, I am pleased you like this one as you thought you would. I'm burning a Sweet Pea Posy tealight now myself and it's definitely stronger than I would have thought. I don't love the smell but it's fine.

I find Price's jars/tumblers burn quite well.

in comparison to yankee for the price of two of these candle hampers you would you would not get two large jars. i am converted

in comparison to yankee for the price of two of these candle hampers you would you would not get two large jars. i am converted

Absolutely! I think before trying them, people would think Price's are cheap so must be rubbish - not so!

I just remembered in January, there was a sale offer on Price's website - it was the Winter Warmer Gift Set (see here for pic) and you got 12 candles for £20. In each fragrance (Mandarin & Ginger, Nuts & Spice, Festive Fudge, Mince Pie), you got a boxed jar candle, a lantern candle (like pillars/jars but metal and with pictures on) and a smaller candle in a tin with lid. Then you got four boxes to hold all three if you wanted to give them as a gift. Of course I bought it; in fact, I bought two to get free P&P. It worked out ridiculously cheap.

Absolutely! I think before trying them, people would think Price's are cheap so must be rubbish - not so!

I just remembered in January, there was a sale offer on Price's website - it was the Winter Warmer Gift Set (see here for pic) and you got 12 candles for £20. In each fragrance (Mandarin & Ginger, Nuts & Spice, Festive Fudge, Mince Pie), you got a boxed jar candle, a lantern candle (like pillars/jars but metal and with pictures on) and a smaller candle in a tin with lid. Then you got four boxes to hold all three if you wanted to give them as a gift. Of course I bought it; in fact, I bought two to get free P&P. It worked out ridiculously cheap.

You can still get that set, I think. I just added a couple to the basket and went to checkout but didn't actually pay. It certainly looked like it would accept an order and for two it was still free P&P.

I suddenly thought I might have heard about the offer on this forum and I did. Credit to Miss Molly for spotting it! :mysmilie_48:

Last edited:
i thought they would be rubbish as the price is very low for what you get. the only thing that made me buy this set was in tk maxx they had the fudge candle in a little tin for just over a pound. it was such a lovely candle with an excellent throw and delicious scent. so when i saw this deal i went for it. i have a set of tea light holders that uses 3 t lights. the yankee ones dont touch these for scent throw.

Update: It's not Peony & Geranium but Orange Blossom and Geranium and that's the one I cannot stand. It's making the whole box of candles stink and the room the box is in. I've decided the Herbaceous Lavender is not so bad if you smell it in isolation. The other floral, Sweet Pea Posy, is ok-ish but I still prefer Yankee's Lavender and Sweet Pea versions.

I have not lit any yet but am not inclined to at the moment.

Well, my box was here when I got home and I went through the different candles with my oldest son and he had the same aversion as you to the geranium one and actually gagged, though I don't mind it at all. We picked one each to try, he picked the tropical coconut and I picked the mango and vanilla and we lit the jars, one in each of our bedrooms and I have to say I am very impressed, a lovely fragrance is coming off them, I am very pleased with them. The floral fragrances however are not my absolute favourites, though I don't mind them, but like I said before, the second drop has more appealing fragrances to my nose. Still, it is a great buy for me.

I lit some of the oto ones yesterday and beautiful. Very impressed. Further update when I try the jars as I have a village candle on the go which will end on Sunday. So candle changeover then same time as bed linen!

the geranium t lights/candles smell like the philip kingsley neroli elasticizer i love it

burning the sweetpea candle. was tunnelling from last nught. propped my yankee illuma lid within 20 mins its pooling very nicely.

my daughter cant smell anything unless its in your face strong. she came in and could smell the geranium t light. loved it. burned for 5 hours. impressed

Well, my box was here when I got home and I went through the different candles with my oldest son and he had the same aversion as you to the geranium one and actually gagged, though I don't mind it at all. We picked one each to try, he picked the tropical coconut and I picked the mango and vanilla and we lit the jars, one in each of our bedrooms and I have to say I am very impressed, a lovely fragrance is coming off them, I am very pleased with them. The floral fragrances however are not my absolute favourites, though I don't mind them, but like I said before, the second drop has more appealing fragrances to my nose. Still, it is a great buy for me.

How are you enjoying your candles, Jackanory? You and your son both picked my two favourites but I've not tried either yet.

the geranium t lights/candles smell like the philip kingsley neroli elasticizer i love it

Ah, is it neroli? That would explain it - i've never liked neroli. I was given a small bottle of expensive neroli bath oil once and thought it had gone off. One person's dream smell is another's nightmare, eh?

If you live anywhere near me, boffy, you are welcome to my Geranium candles!

burning the sweetpea candle. was tunnelling from last nught. propped my yankee illuma lid within 20 mins its pooling very nicely.

my daughter cant smell anything unless its in your face strong. she came in and could smell the geranium t light. loved it. burned for 5 hours. impressed

I do that - I balance an Illuma-Lid on the Price's jars, even though they are smaller, and they definitely help with pooling.

Latest posts

Back