Prestigio tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

have you an alternative i would love not to have to buy an i-pad. my daughter has just bought an i-pod 5th generation and they have changed the docking port thingy me bob at the botton so she has to buy an adapter for £25 which is a real con. thanks in advance foe any info

I'm still looking. Just saw the Q demo, but no technical info at all, and would prefer it cheaper without the magazine subscriptions.

They have changed the connector on the latest ipad as well, so it will no longer fit my various ipod docks and the extension leads I've bought.

I see the Q website now has 27 questions, this shows how bad the demos were.

Only 5 have been answered, probably not by QVC though, they don't usually bother (why should they, they've sold 2/3 of the stock already, about 7000).

I'm still looking. Just saw the Q demo, but no technical info at all, and would prefer it cheaper without the magazine subscriptions.

They have changed the connector on the latest ipad as well, so it will no longer fit my various ipod docks and the extension leads I've bought.

my daughters fuming. she should have bought in instore and hopefully would have picked up on it. i told her to return the darn thing but you know kids. i have a sony laptop which i have worn out so would like a little tablet as an add on oh well!

There is nothing to say whether it has motion sensors eg for steering a car in a race game, or any sort of GPS.

I've been on the Prestigio website, that gives no more info than QVC.

I cannot find any phone number to contact them, only an on-line email form (I hate these, why can't they use ordinary emails so you don't have to fill in all the personal info they want???)

I am tempted to buy it, but there is simply not enough technical info, and I don't want to spend £20 PP getting it and then returning it. There is no mention of free collection, like there was for the 10inch Prestgio tablet TSV.

Last edited:
i lkie good customer services as well not interested in this oh well. ate least with poison apple i can pop up the road and get any help i need!

I am so pleased to hear that there are those of you out there who understand all this 'Techie' stuff, I saw about 5 minutes of the TSV presentation this a.m & my mind was scrambled!What are they going on about?I know I am just emerging from the Dark Ages but am OK at using the Internet ( obviously) but all this other stuff leaves me cold. Can I find a world where only the birds tweet, where Facebook is thought to be a nomination for the Booker prize & I don't have to keep dragging myself out of the gutter because I have had to avoid someone who is so into their mobile phone we are on a collision course & I am invisible!Yes--- Grumpy Old Woman that's me!

I was in a 3/4 hour queue in the bank this morning. Half the people were poking fingers on their smartphones (I don't have one).

Oh how I wished I had a tablet to poke my fingers onto, it was a bit embarrassing having to poke them (add missing word/s).

I couldn't agree with you more. I just want a mobile phone that is JUST a phone - not a camera or tweets or send e-mails etc. etc.

Also I thought the young lady guest doing the demos. was the sister of the other young lady that guests with several different makes of clothes.

I am so pleased to hear that there are those of you out there who understand all this 'Techie' stuff, I saw about 5 minutes of the TSV presentation this a.m & my mind was scrambled!What are they going on about?I know I am just emerging from the Dark Ages but am OK at using the Internet ( obviously) but all this other stuff leaves me cold. Can I find a world where only the birds tweet, where Facebook is thought to be a nomination for the Booker prize & I don't have to keep dragging myself out of the gutter because I have had to avoid someone who is so into their mobile phone we are on a collision course & I am invisible!Yes--- Grumpy Old Woman that's me!

Amen to that. I must be one of the only under 50s who just can't get into technology. I have a computer and smartphone and that's it. I watched the TSV presentation hoping to learn something. She lost me when she started talking about a dongle. lol

I was looking forward to seeing this tablet at launch - and then I saw who the guest was! As I have commented previously on this forum, I am not totally convinced by anything said about a technical product by an individual who presents handbag holders! I won't be bothering with this item. Again, as I have remarked before, if the Q use a generic, rather than a dedicated product, guest, do they have too much confidence in the product?

Be fair, Louise, handbag holders are the best thing since sliced bread, keeps your bag off the beer swilled floor! :doh:

the main reason why i but apple is that its ver intuitive and my grandaughter at one and a half could use it. shes 3 in aril and is a wizz on the tablet my sis has.

She was a full time presenter on IW for many years so not sure whys shes doing techy stuff now but she cant be any worse that Acers Lee who has no clue at all

Enough said. You've proven my point. Although I must disagree with you about Lee. Granted, he did say one item was 64gb as opposed to the actual 16gb - he could have been given erroneous information - but I bought an Acer tsv over a year ago on his recommendation, and couldn't be happier with it. A lot of people on this site appear to dislike the possibility that he may wear a hairpiece; whether he does or not, is it any of our business? I have never thought he does, but who knows? Even if he does, how does that affect his knowledge of technology? Not everybody will agree on everything. Abby Surgeon loves her gossip mags, she says, and this describes her character to a T, I think. Guesting tech products? Don't make me laugh!

Last edited:
the main reason why i but apple is that its ver intuitive and my grandaughter at one and a half could use it. shes 3 in aril and is a wizz on the tablet my sis has.

So are Android tablets , they are just as east as Apple to use

I couldn't agree with you more. I just want a mobile phone that is JUST a phone - not a camera or tweets or send e-mails etc. etc.

Also I thought the young lady guest doing the demos. was the sister of the other young lady that guests with several different makes of clothes.
why. A phone that is a camera and sends emails and has a qvc app is great. I'malways using the camera to take photos of plants and plant labels. The odd photo of an information board that I want to remember the phone number, I make shopping lists using the notes, a calendar to put an alarm in to remind me of appointments etc

Size is not everything - I bought the 7 inch nexus 7 specifically cause I wanted a smaller tablet to use on holiday. It fits into a small Kipling messenger handbag.

Possibly depends on what you want , the Galaxy Tab 7" for £128 after cashback is a way way better deal and also includes a free 16gb card

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsu...9721-0a3328ca1f02&istItemId=qqpxmxaa&istBid=t

Cashback http://www.samsung.com/uk/tab2cashback/

If you buy a case at PC World you get an extra £20 cashback

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back