Prestigio tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When are they providing an update? It is really bad they launched this knowing there would be issues with I player etc. They should have been honest - people wouls still have ordered, look at the Nexus 7. That needed an update from the BBC.
I have the nexus 7 and I don't think it needed an update from the BBC. I just hunted around a bit and found the flash player and then downloaded the bbbciplayer. Took me all of 30 minutes to sort out (better than the Kindle fire HD with which I lost patience). Only thing I don't like about the nexus 7 is no love films and that is because the kindle fire is in competition with the nexus - I may try to fiddle around and see if I can get it to work.

£238 + £50 cashback = £188

http://www.tesco.com/direct/samsung...-white/140-6230.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=140-6230

Use code TDX-KJPW for £10 off for new Tesco customers so £178 if already a customer use a new email address

I will walk to Tesco tomorrow (if weather is OK) to have a look.

If I pretend to be new I won't get my clubcard points, and will have to pay the full price then wait for Samsung to refund £50, it would be much easier if they just knocked £50 off the price.

It seems they also have a NOTE model (as well as the TAB), more expensive but quad core so should be even faster

Stratobuddy i know i have mentioned it before but the Galaxy Tab has expendable memory, to use USB you buy an adaptor off Ebay for £1 that's what im using with mine, there is also a HDMI adaptor for £10, for the price around £180 for the 10.1 dont think it can be beaten imo, as good as if not better than a ipad

I get myself confused looking at these. Can you get i-player on the galaxy (read something about flash player being withdrawn) ? Also , do you think tablets will continue to get cheaper?

There are now 19 reviews on QVC. Some say it is great, some say it is useless.

Many complain about it being set up for the USA, which doesn't change even though you set it to UK.

However, one reviewer has found a fix, in SETTINGS, DEVELOPER'S TOOLS, untick MOCK COUNTRY. It then works OK for the UK with iplayer, QVC UK etc.

As he then says, "WHY DON'T QVC PUBLISH THIS" such as sending out emails to the purchasers, and putting on their FB page.

I'm still considering cancelling my advance order and have 2 or 3 days left to do this, unless they send me a return!!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've been researching what the provided USB "on the go" (OTG) cable does.

If it actually works like it should, it seems that it can be used to connect hard drives to the tablet, so it would then have almost unlimited external storage. Also, files can be dragged and dropped to and from external drives without using a PC. This would be useful to me as I have a number of hard drives containing movies etc.

So now I am getting keen again, I don't think you can do this with most other tablets.

I get myself confused looking at these. Can you get i-player on the galaxy (read something about flash player being withdrawn) ? Also , do you think tablets will continue to get cheaper?

Yes BBC I Player works got it on mine, of course they will get cheaper things always do, but you have to jump in at some stage :)

I've been researching what the provided USB "on the go" (OTG) cable does.

If it actually works like it should, it seems that it can be used to connect hard drives to the tablet, so it would then have almost unlimited external storage. Also, files can be dragged and dropped to and from external drives without using a PC. This would be useful to me as I have a number of hard drives containing movies etc.

So now I am getting keen again, I don't think you can do this with most other tablets.

Which tablet are you on about ?

If its the galaxy i covered the USB and HDMI above, you buy adaptors cheaply, and you can plug in keyboards,hard drives etc

My understanding is that the Samsung large connector is used for these adapters, in which case you can't have it on charge at the same time, nor can you use USB and HDMI at the same time eg connecting a memory stick (or hard drive) with movies, then watch them on the large TV screen.

With a standard USB connector and an OTG lead you can connect a keyboard, a mouse, a memory stick, and even a hard drive, all at the same time (via an unpowered hub); I saw a demo of this on YouTube.

With a standard USB connector and an OTG lead you can connect a keyboard, a mouse, a memory stick, and even a hard drive, all at the same time (via an unpowered hub); I saw a demo of this on YouTube.

hmm its a tablet we are on about, if you want all that at same time then i think you need a laptop :)

Firmware version 1.0.2 is now available on OTA update. I'll report as soon as it installs as to whether or not it fixes these issues.

No, I don't want to connect a keyboard or mouse, but I do want to connect a memory stick, also a camera to load pics from the camera onto it and free up camera memory (I can even do this on my 7 year old Archos tablet).

I PARTICULARLY want to drag and drop music, videos and documents from my PC.

BTW I was very tempted by 2 Archos tablets, but they didn't have a rear camera.

By the sounds of it u do want alot from this tablet so certainly the Prestigio tablet isnt gonna be suitable. i think if u do really want everything u say u do then ur gonna need to spend alot more than £150

I would spend £600 on an ipad if it did what I wanted, but it doesn't have USB, HDMI or expandable memory.

And many of the more expensive tablets are missing one or more of the above, or don't have a camera.

aCTUALLY, THE pRESTIGIO WILL DO ALL THAT i ASK, IF IT ACTUALLY WORKS, BUT THE REVIEWS DON'T LOOK PROMISING. (SORRY ABOUT cAPS lOCK)

Last edited:
Just to make a change from all this heavy techie stuff - - - - - >

577888_502561566430712_1925134455_n.jpg

Hey stato i didnt mean to sound mean but tbh Prestigio hasnt had gd reviews but take advantage of the 30mbg but tbh i think ud be best going for a better brand than them .

Latest posts

Back