Presenters' families

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

To be honest I don't mind the occasional comment...."my Mum did that the other day..." type thing, it doesn't bother me at all - but it's when they go into humungous detail about their Auntie Nellie, Uncle Bill, Cousin Sid and everyone that gets on my wick....and each relative or friend has 10 thousand of the article in question and it's changed their life - you know the type of thing, where they are, quite obviously, "embroidering" the facts. That's an insult to intelligence, and I just switch off. And people do notice - I remember when Lee Clarke was a presenter on TJC, and every time you flicked over and he was on, he was going on about his Mum who lives abroad. I stopped watching him, as it totally turned me off.

I usually switch over/off when the presenters start talking about their home life and relatives...they would soon cut off a t-caller if they started rabbiting. I lol the other day when someone tweeted Julia and asked why she was talking like a child, she was doing a kipling show...she was not amuse..." type d...LOL I felt sorry for the kipling guest, she looked embarrassed..

There is a great deal of misunderstanding of the word 'bullying' - it is often misused when a person feels someone has been unpleasant. Bullying is repeated behaviour of the same type, not just on one occasion.

You're wrong, as it can well be. Verbal bullying is in the tone and the language, as any HR Department would be able to tell you. There is absolutely no need for gratuitous rudeness, just make your point and move on. Correcting mis-information, as you say, is how we learn and is perfectly in order - if it's done in a reasoned and not overheated way. What is there to get so hot under the collar about, after all? It's an opinion - we are all entitled to them and don't need teddy flung in the corner to teach us the "error" of our ways.

Thanks, I agree there's huge scope for verbal bullying and that pernicious passive aggression that seems to be everywhere these days. I'm happy for anyone who spots any rudeness in any post to report them. And if I make a mistake I don't mind it being pointed out at all.

Whatever - and it may therefore apply in this case (per my highlighted section below)

There is a great deal of misunderstanding of the word 'bullying' - it is often misused when a person feels someone has been unpleasant. Bullying is repeated behaviour of the same type, not just on one occasion.

Whatever - and it may therefore apply in this case (per my highlighted section below)

It certainly might apply on this thread - I can think of two posters that the cap might fit!.

Just because someone disagrees with you (or one of your buddies) does not mean they are bullies - they just have a different opinion - that happens in life sometimes.

Actually, more than 2 posters had posts removed, one of which was a direct personal attack on shopperholic. Let's get our facts straight first.
Now, tw, take several deep breaths before replying to avoid even more posts being removed.

Several posts have been removed from this thread. Anymore personal attacks and I will close this thread!

Which of them is the worst offender when it comes to mentioning their families? I reckon Claire's Mummy is up there, along with Julia Roberts' Dan and daughter and Kathy Tayler's Bex and sons.

Chloe's MUM, Craig's SISTER and Lee's CAT :mysmilie_14:

:mysmilie_504:Thanks, thatu. The voice of reason, common sense and unbiased comment, too.

Actually, more than 2 posters had posts removed, one of which was a direct personal attack on shopperholic. Let's get our facts straight first.
Now, tw, take several deep breaths before replying to avoid even more posts being removed.

I actually like hearing about Danny's cat, though I'm sick of seeing photos of the photography man's dogs. Maybe it's because I like Danny as a guest.

I used to enjoy hearing Julian talking so fondly about his Granny Burrows. But equally I respect Jilly for not talking about her children all the time.

Crikey, just listening to Kathy Taylor on the Festive Christmas Lighting show! She appears to have bought nearly the whole show for her daughters rustic, DIY wedding. It must be costing a fortune.

Latest posts

Back