Presenter leaving?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marv needed a complete retrain. All that false laugh, bleeding clapping of the hands (WTF was all that about) was even worse than the gurning and rolling eyes. I just don't understand how a seasoned TV presenter could have been like that.

When the personal habits of a presenter are the ONLY thing you notice during a presentation it is either time to retrain or go.

I sometimes see "out-there" babies' names and I just wonder if the parents in question gave even a moment's thought to the child's transit through life saddled with twee, self-indulgent, "individual" names?

I know everyone nowadays is increasingly obsessed with "unique" and "individual" names, but sometimes I think commonsense is completely abandoned... and wonder if this is almost more about the child as an extension of the parent than as a being in his or her own right.

Does the child live up to the name, or can the child never live it down?

One very sensible friend of mine said, when he and his wife were choosing their son's name that they wanted a name he wouldn't be embarrassed to say when introducing himself to people down the pub.

I really hope that Honey Beatrice, and Calla Lily love their names and are happy with them throughout their lives, and at least in both cases if they dislike one part, at least the second part is not so bad when divorced from the first part... so some common sense has prevailed.

Thoroughly agree with what you say. I thought my ears were deceiving me when I first heard Honey, at least it wasn't 'Darling', and now there is Calla Lily, and brought back memories of the Footballers Wives when a daughter was called Chardonnay ! I have to say at least Ali kept a straight face when saying it.

Many people mock the royal family, but can you imagine the uproar if P. Charlotte had been given Calla Lily as a name ? at least they keep a perspective in the name calling department.

How much lower can we go, one wonders, perhaps naming offspring after motor cars - Austin Healey, Ford Cortina, Smart Kai ? or household items like Fairy Liquid, or Cup Cake. Honest to God have we all taken leave of our senses ??

Queen Julia is already shown favouritism by QVC by giving her a "Julia's Pick" slot, so I should imagine that if the day Julia ever leaves QVC, it will become an annual event named "Julia's Day" to be celebrated for her tireless contribution to expensive, overpriced beauty products, fashion and general tat.

I doubt if Julia will leave before all the hoo ha of her 60th birthday, she wont want to miss out on the cakes and praises and endless wishes from the twitterati and telephone calls. I think it must be in the next couple of years or so.

How much lower can we go, one wonders, perhaps naming offspring after motor cars - Austin Healey, Ford Cortina, Smart Kai ? or household items like Fairy Liquid, or Cup Cake. Honest to God have we all taken leave of our senses ??

Austin Healey - born 1973 - England and Lions Rugby Union player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Healey

He is well known for his bolshie attitude which might be a result of having to grow a thick skin to cope with the ribbing he would have had because of his name.

I doubt if Julia will leave before all the hoo ha of her 60th birthday, she wont want to miss out on the cakes and praises and endless wishes from the twitterati and telephone calls. I think it must be in the next couple of years or so.

I thought it was this year but isn't she a June birthday so obviously I am wrong as I don't think there was a big celebration. However I rarely watch Q now so could have missed it.

Austin Healey - born 1973 - England and Lions Rugby Union player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Healey

He is well known for his bolshie attitude which might be a result of having to grow a thick skin to cope with the ribbing he would have had because of his name.

I could be wrong but was the Mercedes named after the daughter rather than the daughter after the car?

I thought it was this year but isn't she a June birthday so obviously I am wrong as I don't think there was a big celebration. However I rarely watch Q now so could have missed it.

Hey, you're right ! just checked Google, and if its correct she was 60 in June this year. I too clearly missed the celebrations, if there were any - perhaps she was away on one of her long sabbaticals, again.

I am just gutted it wasn't Sarah Griffiths.

Brissles - I thought Julia turned 60 in June this year. I don't remember a big celebration or commiseration, but I don't watch that much these days so could be wrong.

Folks, just read JR blog and it appears that there were a few on air celebrations!

I would say that the fact none of us regulars were aware of them is a good indicator of how much we have fallen out of love with Q. Very telling.

Hey, you're right ! just checked Google, and if its correct she was 60 in June this year. I too clearly missed the celebrations, if there were any - perhaps she was away on one of her long sabbaticals, again.

I think she might have been on holiday for her birthday but I vaguely remember it being mentioned before she finished work for her break.

I quite liked Marv, she wasn't a QVC clone and didn't follow the pack as such. Probably what she is no longer presenting. Another this about het is that she has had many other rolls in broadcasting including being a news reader on sky and local Tv and radio so has a great deal of experience. Very few of the other Q presenters can say that. Surely the next to go has to that arrogant, stuff the guest I know more than them SG.... Please let it be her...

Sadly there are far too many clones. Shame that people behave this way, sad sad! :mysmilie_50::mysmilie_476

Latest posts

Back