Prescriptives TSV - 28/09/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Im still desperate to know what going to be in this tsv......anyone have any info yet???

Dear beauty-hounds……

It’s not often we write to tell you that a brand is disappearing forever… But Estée Lauder Companies (the parent company) have told us that from 31st January 2009, Prescriptives will disappear from the face of the planet! A sad day, indeed…

Now, it’s possible that this might plunge some of you into complete panic. So we wanted to make sure first of all that you were up to speed with the contact numbers, in case you have any queries about getting hold of product - or anything else related to Prescriptives.

In the UK call 0800-088 4168, and for Ireland 1800-936 080.

We sure are going to miss their Custom Blending service - not least because they offer a Custom Blend Beauty Bible Lip Gloss! This is a pretty unique service (at least in terms of a counter that you can just stroll up to and have a lipstick/foundation/gloss/powder blended to order), so we have taken the opportunity to suggest to Lauder that they transfer it to another brand like Lauder itself, or even Bobbi Brown…!

We suggest a) that you stockpile Prescriptives products you love (unopened most will keep for some time, and powders and dry products like eyeshadows keep almost indefinitely). But also, don’t forget that the whole reason Beauty Bible exists is to make sure that you know which products perform best in any category, in our books. (And we welcome questions to our Q&A section on the website on alternatives - although we’re rather hoping we don’t hear from all of you at once…!)

No doubt there will be other brands who’ll take Prescriptives’ place - but we will always cherish our memories of the brand. Not least the time Jo went on Lorraine Kelly’s show to demo their extraordinary Prescriptives Magic Invisible Line Smoother - which pioneered the whole line-filling category - and it created such a stampede for info about where to buy the product that the GMTV switchboard blew up…!!!!
:wave2::wave2:

Just had this from "The Beauty Bible"
Wonder if QVC have bought up some stock to sell alongside the TSV on Monday.
And--will everything be on ez pay to get rid of it-cos we won't be able to repurchase.:sad:

Not for me either. My skin definitely isn't dry and I would be gutted if the super line preventor was good and I couldn't buy it again.

I bet they a) "don't have the level of stock they would have liked"..... and b) don't put it on easy pay which would encourage me to buy far more sets!!!

Well the 30ml SLP is £38, the mascara is £16. The lipgloss looks like a sample we(Belfast Posse) where given last month on the Prescriptives counter. Will say the moisturiser is say £30-£40.

So what is everything like then? never tried prescriptives at all

I'm 27 combination skin but sensitive.

Thanks in advance

Fab fab fab. Everything they do is fab. Apart from their magic potion which just makes a no particular purpose mess on my face but it's probably just me (it's supposed to be a highlighter). I love all their stuff so probably not best placed to give an unbiased opinion........

Fab fab fab. Everything they do is fab. Apart from their magic potion which just makes a no particular purpose mess on my face but it's probably just me (it's supposed to be a highlighter). I love all their stuff so probably not best placed to give an unbiased opinion........

No it's not just you. When I tried it I thought it looked OK .... until I went outside to see what it looked like in "real" light. My face looked like it had been dipped in red glitter. Christmas had come early!

I bet they a) "don't have the level of stock they would have liked"..... and b) don't put it on easy pay which would encourage me to buy far more sets!!!

Well I hope it will be at a good price for you Aragorn, considering you love the range.. I bet you're secretly hoping for EP's, lol :giggle:
Judging by the real prices of these items, my guess of £40 may be too low..
Anyway, on to more important things.. Hows Frodo? :wave2:

No it's not just you. When I tried it I thought it looked OK .... until I went outside to see what it looked like in "real" light. My face looked like it had been dipped in red glitter. Christmas had come early!

Thank goodness for that. I thought someone would come back and say "well it's fine on me - it must be you". It's an odd product isn't it? I don't feel so alone now, thank you. I'm not sure about the solid one either - that doesn't seem to do very much for me.

Latest posts

Back