Preparing myself for 'the letter'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it's about time they were a bit more "honest" about their 30 day MBG, or alter it. As somebody quite rightly pointed out, they are going to get a higher level of returns than say that of a department store. Perfume for a start, it's all very well them telling us that it smells floral, light, sexy or what have you, but their idea of "light" may not be yours, also it doesn't always smell as good on everybody..in a shop you can spray the tester, let it sink into your skin and decide later whether you're going to buy it. Clothes, what are changing rooms for? QVC don't have them, so it's only right that one should be able to return them if they don't fit right, or don't suit the customer. TBH I think they're a bit "overgenerous" with some of the things like skincare, No shop would give you a refund or replacement if you didn't think it was effective, even if it brought you out in a rash, yet they puportedly allow you to return the jar empty, so they're shooting themselves in the foot.

I really think they should have a long hard look at their policy. Either they've got a 100% no quibble guarantee or they haven't! They're all too happy to reel the customers in with it, but when it comes to the crunch, they don't want to know and are happy to make the customers feel like criminals

I am expecting "the letter" too as I have returned 3 items from the last 4 things I have ordered!

2 were damaged when they arrived - a B Makowsky bag and a Murano necklace both of which were packaged inadequately in flimsy plastic bags. The 3rd item was a completely different size bearing no relation to the dimensions stated on-line. I received pre-paid returns labels for all 3 orders.

If they have the temerity to send me "the letter" I shall enjoy putting them right! Bring it on! :giggle:

Well they won't be ringing me any more because I have changed my mobile number & the one they have is now defunct.:happy:

I think it's about time they were a bit more "honest" about their 30 day MBG, or alter it. ...........
Either they've got a 100% no quibble guarantee or they haven't! They're all too happy to reel the customers in with it, but when it comes to the crunch, they don't want to know and are happy to make the customers feel like criminals

Reason why QVC are as successful as they say they are(i.e No1 shopping channel), is only because of their 30day MBG. They know it well. They have got it down to an art now: how to convert ordinary channel hopping viewers into addicted QVCholics. They are very successful in managing to create an addiction on the back of their 30 day MBG promise, which acts as a psychological reassurance for the viewers.

How many of us have been seduced over and over again to part with small(and not so small) fortunes in the past/present on stuff that you would not even consider looking at in a department store or online retailer. We only buy it because of the: "If I don't like you can always sent it back for a refund" promise.

QVC hopes we get well and truly addicted and keep buying the things they tell us we want/need on a daily basis, but they don't really want our returns. Oh, no! So that's where their small print comes in, so they can effectively get rid of us if we were more a liability to them than a cash cow.

Anyway...the point is they'll never be open and up front about their true policy. How else are they going to manage to hook in hundreds (or was it thousands??) of new viewers they boast about of every single day and also keep tempting the many already addicted regular ones, too.
For the rest of us who dare to send "too much" back, they have the intimidation tactics in the form of "the letter" and "the phone call". And so far it seems to be working all right for QVC, unfortunately.

ye, Charlie, Craig and Dale!!! are you terrified yet? :giggle:
scared2.gif
scared2.gif
scared2.gif

Its a pain there is no PM on this site because I have the PA''s details for anyone who wants them. Don't feel I should make it general knowledge on here.

Would you be able to email me them? I am absolutely fuming this morning & ready to let rip at them!

Mrs Thicko here has just found out how to PM:blush:

Sent you one Chrissi.

Latest posts

Back