Prai neck cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just a couple of years in front of you! Remember Mary Quant make up?i loved the silver slick face highlighter, my eyes (No bags in those days) were highlighted by mink lashes! The difference between then & now apart from the obvious? I can be myself still interested in makeup & skincare but not feeling judged by anyone, having to conform it is really a liberation I wish I had embraced at an earlier age.

Was Mary Quant make up in black packaging with her white daisy? Our Slimming World group is having a 50th anniversary party in September so the whole thing is 1960s, we all dress up for our parties & I thought about going as MQ, I have the bob already, but finding a suitable dress has proved fruitless. I'm going as a hippy, complete with eco-friendly glitter on my face, handmade braids in my hair & patchouli oil - I'll be careful not to use too much!

Ah Mary Quant. I remember my sister who was slightly older than me, having a black and white mini shift dress the front of which was a kind of black and white chequerboard effect and was a copy of one of Quant`s dresses. Sis wore it with white tights and white knee high stretchy boots. I thought she looked ever so cool at the time.

Was Mary Quant make up in black packaging with her white daisy? Our Slimming World group is having a 50th anniversary party in September so the whole thing is 1960s, we all dress up for our parties & I thought about going as MQ, I have the bob already, but finding a suitable dress has proved fruitless. I'm going as a hippy, complete with eco-friendly glitter on my face, handmade braids in my hair & patchouli oil - I'll be careful not to use too much!

This is the perfect hippy dress but only available up to a size 14 cos its in the sale at £15 but if you use code GIFTFB20 there`s another 20% off. I`ve had a couple of dresses from this site in their sale and they were lovely and cool for my holidays. There`s also another black and white boho maxi dress in their sale available in more sizes but that`s £28 but with discount would be around £22.
https://www.izabel.com/products/d723521

I remember Mary Quant makeup in the late 70s and early 80s. I had to save up to buy a blusher also a lipstick called Tokyo Rose.

Anne French Cleanser was one of the first I used around 12. My great aunt used Camay and I thought her so glamorous for having it sitting out. We used Lifebouy the red bar stuff. My aunt bought me a Pond's moisturiser and I used that for quite a while.

I remember my friend's sis having a MQ set for Christmas. I was so envious even though I'd never worn makeup. I remember the cute yellow lids on the pots.

I started using Astral when Joanna Lumley was advertising it. She was my heroine in The New Avengers! I stuck with it for about half a pot but it was way to greasy for my young teen skin.

She's also advertised Imedeen - another product I fell for due to her advertising powers. Kept at that for several months, too, until I finally realised it wasn't making any difference.

The power of the right person advertising is tremendous. JL's voice alone makes me sit up and take notice.

I do gentle exfoliation with a baby sponge in the shower once a fortnight on my neck and apply Garnier moisturiser twice a day. I’ve tried specific neck creams but have sensitive skin and they’ve all stung like mad.

Ah Mary Quant. I remember my sister who was slightly older than me, having a black and white mini shift dress the front of which was a kind of black and white chequerboard effect and was a copy of one of Quant`s dresses. Sis wore it with white tights and white knee high stretchy boots. I thought she looked ever so cool at the time.

OMG, did the white stretchy boots have a lacey leg?? My mum had some in the 60's and I used to try them on and she had a long black wig as well and I dressed all up and pretended I was going out to the disco - think I was about 7 years old LOL.

CC

OMG, did the white stretchy boots have a lacey leg?? My mum had some in the 60's and I used to try them on and she had a long black wig as well and I dressed all up and pretended I was going out to the disco - think I was about 7 years old LOL.

CC

Nope the boots my sister had were plain white plastic stretchy ones, no lace and if I remember correctly they didn`t last long and split. I was a teenager at the time but still at school whereas she was an older teenager and working so had money to spend on clothes. I got a lot of her castoffs but not many new clothes because my Mum couldn`t afford them. By the time I left school a couple of years later fashion had moved on and white stretchy boots were no longer in vogue but mini skirts still were.

Okay, I do not mean to be nasty but the lady in her 60s with glasses looks more like someone in her 80s. My 61-year-old neck my me look like her daughter rather than in the same age group!

Article in the DM today about the neck cream. Mind you these articles are quite often just glorified sales ploys. Personally I just use on my neck whichever moisturiser I`m currently using and don` buy anything specific.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...agic-share-impressive-results-SEVEN-DAYS.html

This is the newly added night neck with retinol which was on Q recently with the small day neck
It’s not the large tub of day neck cream that is usually heavily promoted on Q

I remember Mary Quant makeup in the late 70s and early 80s. I had to save up to buy a blusher also a lipstick called Tokyo Rose.

Anne French Cleanser was one of the first I used around 12. My great aunt used Camay and I thought her so glamorous for having it sitting out. We used Lifebouy the red bar stuff. My aunt bought me a Pond's moisturiser and I used that for quite a while.

I used to love Tokyo Rose lipstick! I think I still have one somewhere but it's completely worn down. I also used to wear ****** Mary which was a fabulous glossy red.

I used to love Tokyo Rose lipstick! I think I still have one somewhere but it's completely worn down. I also used to wear ****** Mary which was a fabulous glossy red.

When I was about 15, there was a craze in my class for Mary Quant’s Brazen Bronze nail polish, in a round (globe) bottle with the Quant daisy printed on it.

Our lipstick of choice was Oak Rose from Biba. School was in east London so back then in 1969-70, Chelsea and Carnaby St were the places to go on a Sat afternoon. As for “perfume”, we had a choice of Aqua Manda (brown glass bottle) or Pretty Peach (peach shaped plastic jar) by AVON.

Those were the days.

When I was about 15, there was a craze in my class for Mary Quant’s Brazen Bronze nail polish, in a round (globe) bottle with the Quant daisy printed on it.

Our lipstick of choice was Oak Rose from Biba. School was in east London so back then in 1969-70, Chelsea and Carnaby St were the places to go on a Sat afternoon. As for “perfume”, we had a choice of Aqua Manda (brown glass bottle) or Pretty Peach (peach shaped plastic jar) by AVON.

Those were the days.

I would have LOVED to have lived in London as a teenager, I grew up in a North Lancashire mill town which was very un-trendy and I was a bit of a geek girl. I did move to London when I was 19 and had a ball before returning to my native Scotland. My mum lived in Earls Court in the late 50's and she still raves about how exciting and "young" it all was (she's 82 lol). London's a bit different now.

CC

Okay, I do not mean to be nasty but the lady in her 60s with glasses looks more like someone in her 80s. My 61-year-old neck my me look like her daughter rather than in the same age group!

I know Donna, my 70 year old neck and chest look better than her after picture.

Unless I need to go to Specsavers, I couldn't see any difference in the before and after photos to be honest. I'll stick to the hyaluronic acid serum I use (which is much cheaper than the Prai stuff) because it's got rid of any issues I did have.

Those were the days.

I remember the Mary Quant nail polish too. Also, Pretty Peach when I was 10/11 years old.

My stomping ground was Croydon. Not quite so glam as Chelsea or Carnaby!

Unless I need to go to Specsavers, I couldn't see any difference in the before and after photos to be honest. I'll stick to the hyaluronic acid serum I use (which is much cheaper than the Prai stuff) because it's got rid of any issues I did have.

Which serum do you use Toril ??

Latest posts

Back