postage and packing prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have always thought that the high p&p charge was meant to discourage people from sending things back too much and to think before ordering. If you paid much less in p&p you would be more likely to return things on a whim whereas with the £4-5 p&p sometimes you think that you may as well keep something rather than sending it back. I must admit that if I'm ordering something with the thought that I might send it back then I do think "if I send it back I will lose £x p&p" and that does influence my decision.

Also when I'm looking at buying something I look at the price including p&p to decide whether to buy it or not and ignore the split between goods and p&p.

I do agree that p&p is very high for some items but more returns to QVC would mean more costs for them which would ultimately be passed on to us.

I emailed QVC about the excess packaging on the Decleor items that I received and this is the reply I got.

Thank you for contacting QVC UK.

Your views regarding postage and packaging have been duly noted and I would
like to thank you for passing on your concerns.

To clarify, the price you pay for postage covers packaging, materials,
labour, postage costs and insurance, that is, if the item you ordered goes
astray we will replace it free of charge. As each item goes up in weight so
will the price of postage and packaging.

QVC will bear the cost of postage and packaging in the following instances.
Should a customer receive a product in a damaged or faulty condition QVC
will refund the postage and packaging paid. Should a product become faulty
within six months of purchase you may return the item for a full refund,
including postage and packaging, or we will gladly replace the item if it
is still available.

However, if you buy any amount of identical items at one time (size and
colour), and are shipping them all to one address, you only pay full
Postage and Packing for the first item. All subsequent items are charged at
half the usual Postage and Packing price.

Also, with regards to the amount of packaging used for these items. We do
appreciate your comments. They have been forwarded to the relevant
department.

We always appreciate comments from our customers and we hope that we have
addressed your concerns fully. Please contact QVC UK if you require any
further assistance in this matter.

Thank you for e-Mailing QVCUK.

Regards,

Jean.
QVC UK Webmaster Team.

i have also had received this standard reply from QVC when I queried the P&P on two spanx items - the dearer and bulkier item being less postage that the cheaper and less bulky item. They either dont want to know or dont read the email properly.

I've found lots of stuff available online cheaper than the qvc price and with less p&p and often no p&p at all.

I've ordered a lot off QVC, since I got freeview a couple of years ago, and sometimes my decision is made because it's a TSV or a hot pick or because I'm making a repeat order, rather than the postal charge. I think their charges are fairly reasonable, when compared to BidTv and their subsidiaries when postage there starts at £7.99, plus the £1.50 phone call to buy the item. I've had SD cards and also much larger and heavier items, all of which were £7.99 p&p, which seems a tad random.

One item I ordered from Bid never arrived and it took me 3 months and a lot of repetitive phone calls to get a refund from them. With QVC they sent a replacement, for a non-delivered parcel, within a few days (after I'd filled in the disclaimer form) and any refunds have been made promptly.........or maybe I've just been lucky (so far!)

Dont' get me started on P&P from QVC, that's why I can't order the TSV's they charge me over double the amount and a bit on top.

I have just received a big order direct from L Earle, including the Xmas Gift Boxes, all delivered fo £4.95...........

Thanks for posting your reply from QVC Bluebell.

But I would still like to know WHY you can order as much as you like from L.Earle for the same P&P £4.95, but NOT from QVC, who must send out on a daily basis far more than L.Earle, and charge an absolute fortune.........

QVC postage costs are a rip off. What riles me most is that despite being so high they still take at least 6 working days to reach me (in East Anglia) so it's not even first class postage they use. I often order from other places with free p&p offers and the items ALWAYS arrive quicker than QVC. In fact, I've ordered from the States for around the same prices as QVC and those items arrive in the same time-frame.

Although they have to include a lot in the price it's still over inflated because when it comes to returning an item it NEVER costs anywhere near as much as they charge.

Granted, jewellery has a much quicker delivery but that just makes me wonder why they can do it for jewellery and not other items. And the whole not being able to combine orders is so old fashioned. I think from memory they say it's because of how their warehouse works but perhaps they need to look at Amazon to see how they manage.

Most of what I order is make-up and the packaging sizes are absolutely stupid - however, I do wonder if they're packed abroad and shipped in those massive boxes (e.g. one mascara tube in an a5 sized box) but even so, it's still stupid and QVC have a say over it all.

P&P charges certainly affect what I buy from there, even more so now money is becoming tigher and I really think that if QVC want to stay competative they need to have a change in their p&p policy. In the past I've bought things to try knowing that I can return them but the prices are now so high that I even re-think that.

And someone mentioned Easiyo - I have queried this before and as I understood it the costs are so high because items are sent by courier and that's the minumum delivery charge for a courier. Hmmmm.

Did you start watching it when you were about 7?

yep it started as a hobbie back in middle school (wierd i know)

the hints and tips you post are great SCW! thanks! :60:

aww thanks

I've ordered a lot off QVC, since I got freeview a couple of years ago, and sometimes my decision is made because it's a TSV or a hot pick or because I'm making a repeat order, rather than the postal charge. I think their charges are fairly reasonable, when compared to BidTv and their subsidiaries when postage there starts at £7.99, plus the £1.50 phone call to buy the item. I've had SD cards and also much larger and heavier items, all of which were £7.99 p&p, which seems a tad random.

One item I ordered from Bid never arrived and it took me 3 months and a lot of repetitive phone calls to get a refund from them. With QVC they sent a replacement, for a non-delivered parcel, within a few days (after I'd filled in the disclaimer form) and any refunds have been made promptly.........or maybe I've just been lucky (so far!)

yeah the sit-up channels postages are way expensive for what you get but thats how they make there profits

i have to agree with scw(you sure you are not a director of qvc or something)lol
qvc really do try really hard to please thier customrs and even though the p&p costs are way toooo high and the waiting times for delivery far tooooo lonnngggg i will continue to shop with them.
when i have had a problem they do try to sort things out and the 30 day money back guarantee is the best.
having sai that i will now cheack if its worth my while buying the calico cottage fudge. the p&p is £5.95

Latest posts

Back