postage and packing prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
i was watching the bare escentuals show this morning and was shocked that bare escentuals lip gloss duo was £3.45 p&p.

then later on i was watching thorntons show and 826417 3 boxes of chocs p&p charged at £3.50. this seems a little inconsistant to me.

i am not going to be too unkind to qvc as we do not pay ever for phone calls and we do have the 30 day money back guarantee. all good stuff that will keep me buying from qvc forever. but i have to say would not the chocs cost more to post than the buxom lip glosses.

ooppps i forgot maybe as they are buxom they weigh more. silly me!!!!!

no the postage on the old sets of thortons chocs were £3.50 but the new sets were £4.95 postage so they kept the old postage charge on the old boxes and put a new postage charge on the new items

Maybe it's to do with the stupid amount of packaging they use to justify it.

Like a few weeks ago when I received a murano glass ring in a box approx 10x10 inches, when it could quite easily have fitted into a padded envelope with a first class stamp.

Their p&p is outrageous, particularly since I never receive an item in 5 to 7 working days, 5 to 7 working years would be a better estimate....

does that mean that those chocs have been sitting around some warehouse then uughhhhh

i dont believe that we get the delivery we pay for to be honest. much smaller companies do deliver the very next day with upps couriers in brown uniforms and big muscles and even bigger vans ooouuchhhh!!

Dont' get me started on P&P from QVC, that's why I can't order the TSV's they charge me over double the amount and a bit on top.

I have just received a big order direct from L Earle, including the Xmas Gift Boxes, all delivered fo £4.95...........

I ordered some EasiYo drinking yoghurt yesterday and was shocked that the postage was £5.45
skn_best-smiliescom_surprise152.gif
How can they justify that? It's the first time I've ordered it but surely it's not that heavy? I've ordered the EasiYo yoghurt maker and two boxes of yoghurt mix from Lakeland and the postage for all that only came to £3.95, so where have they got £5.45 from? If I'd been able to get it from somewhere else I would, and certainly won't be paying it again, for that or anything else. I'll shop elsewhere.

the postage prices can be crazy but worse still is the amount of packaging. it is great that products do not come damaged, and it is obviously important that this is the case, but sometimes unpacking qvc packages can go on for ever.

i swear that at least half of my recycling is generated from qvc and i have cut down on shopping from them as a result. at a christmas they are great at making sure orders are sent out as quickly as possible, but a lot of the time bearing in mind the amount of time it takes to arrive, i do not understand how they justify it.

i appreicate everything is packed and ready to be picked and sent out, but maybe they need to rethink this policy...i shop a lot with amazon and lakeland, both of whom are much better at charging for a group price at the end of your order and often everything will come in one box and save a lot on carriage charges and waste.

if others can do it, and meet similar time scales i do not see why qvc cannot...

It's a recurring topic this p & p. Doesn't really bother me, but think it definitely would if I ordered a whole lot. Other websites are more competitive. Maybe, it's to do with pay and conditions for the p & p staff ie we're getting charged for the packaging, the postage charge and a bit towards staff pay (an additional mark-up). Dunno, just a thought.

i ordered a shedload of stuff from the Next on-line sale

about 10 items of clothes, twp pairs of shoes, a mirror and an oak coffee table which came separately from everything else and was a two man delivery job.

delivery charge? £3.95

cost to return? £0.00

I agree postage is a joke,i remember the recent philosophy tsv the postage was £5-45,and there was a flat screen tv,i think the size was 22" postage was £5-95,cant understand that at all

Maybe it's to do with the stupid amount of packaging they use to justify it.

Like a few weeks ago when I received a murano glass ring in a box approx 10x10 inches, when it could quite easily have fitted into a padded envelope with a first class stamp.

Ah, but the golden rule of packaging is to double the size of the item. That way it has sufficient protection from football team in the warehouse and the football team in the post office. In theory anyway!

I did meet someone years ago who was studying for a degree in packaging. Sounds really pointless but then you actually start looking at the various ways and designs of boxs and you realise there is a point!

We are ripped off with every purchase they cost the excess P+P into their profit margin and like mugs we pay it,me included.

what gets me is why does it cost so much more for each item - surely they could ship them all together thereby incurring only one charge.

You can buy things from Amazon for free delivery if the item is over £5 - why does it cost so much with qvc?

Ah, but the golden rule of packaging is to double the size of the item. That way it has sufficient protection from football team in the warehouse and the football team in the post office. In theory anyway!

I did meet someone years ago who was studying for a degree in packaging. Sounds really pointless but then you actually start looking at the various ways and designs of boxs and you realise there is a point!

Oh I agree....except the ring I bought a few weeks ago was actually rattling about in that massive box. It would have had far more protection being tightly secured in a small box.

I don't think there's any logic to it really!

Having said that, I was quite grateful for the stupidly excessive packaging the other day when the postman couldn't be bothered to wait for me to get to the front door and hurled my parcel through an open window. :5:

I have shopped with QVc from the begining and must say then most goods were over packaged. Now they seem to come way over packaged or not packed enough there does not seem to be happy medium.
the p&p has to be paid for companies that don't charge must claw charges back in the cost of the goods.

Latest posts

Back