Possible Christmas Gift Recipients

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gracie T

Registered Shopper
Watching Charlie on this morning show he sure does have a lot of gifts to buy this year, he went on to say, teachers, teachers assistants, tennis coaches, brownies etc etc ... so I thought of the gifts I could buy for all the people who have 'helped' me this year:

Tesco Cashiers
Call Centre Operatives
Bank manager
Traffic warden
The lady who waits at the bustop every morning

Who can you think of to waste money on this year :tongue2:

I was thinking about getting a gift for the lady who lets her dog carp outside my gate every morning and then doesn't clean it up. She really deserves one;)

Or we could do what AY suggested when Molton Brown were on, she suggested buying MB handwash as it would be perfect as a gift for someone 'you don't know'. How about that? Spending umpteen squidoodles on some posh soap, and then just wazzing it at some random stranger in the street whilst shouting 'ho ho ho, merry christmas...':D

I was thinking about getting a gift for the lady who lets her dog carp outside my gate every morning and then doesn't clean it up. She really deserves one;)

I'd wrap it up, follow her home and drop it through her letterbox!

Eeeee, I could have done with the thanks button there, cavegirl, you did make me laugh!

Or we could do what AY suggested when Molton Brown were on, she suggested buying MB handwash as it would be perfect as a gift for someone 'you don't know'. How about that? Spending umpteen squidoodles on some posh soap, and then just wazzing it at some random stranger in the street whilst shouting 'ho ho ho, merry christmas...':D

If a stranger wants to give me MB then that's fine by me.

I think i taught in the wrong schools,i wish i'd been the teacher of one of the qvc presenters' kids.They must really look forward to the end of term and all the luxurious items they get.

I taught in the wrong schools as well.
Most of my gifts came from pound shops but I did sometimes get vouchers for Woolworths and some boxes of chocolates.

I'd wrap it up, follow her home and drop it through her letterbox!

I once worked with a woman who did just that. She didn't bother to wrap it - just use a trowel! She had asked the bloke several times not to let dog S887 at her gate but he just ignored her.

Never happened again...

Obviously there are people who are not family that I do give gifts to, eg my window cleaner, who I give a tenner to ... my son is 25 now and I never gave a teachers gift.. perhaps it's a new thing, I don't know.. lol, I know we take the p*ss out of qvc, but it sure gives me a good laugh sometimes, better than any comedy imho .
I was only saying to the Oh last night, I rarely buy from them now, due to the p&p charges and delivery times and it's not as much value for money as it used to be, I will only buy beauty tsv's IF I need them :) .... but I do enjoy watching except GH lol, I know I've gone off on a tangent :)

Eeeee, I could have done with the thanks button there, cavegirl, you did make me laugh!

Good :) I'm really glad :) . Tis true about the dog eggs though - there are some mucky beggars about :thinking2: .

How about we all club together and buy the QVC presenters something from IW...and vice versa...hours of fun seeing Julia as she unwraps and wears her size SMALL Galloway fleece with the dogs on it and matching polopancho.

We could give Ali Young a lovely set of Jerome Alexander make up to use - she knows when she's been tango'd...

Watch in awe as chef and guest presenter Simon Brown slowly sets fire to his sausage in the TefalActifry - leaving poor Charlie Brook starving to death as he hasn't eaten in 30 seconds...

the post man
the bus driver
the lady in the butty shop
the QVC warehouse staff

What about the courier who delivers our QVC parcels?....or the post office counter staff who I have seen quite a bit of recently because I couldn't contain myself when I should have FARTED.

Good :) I'm really glad :) . Tis true about the dog eggs though - there are some mucky beggars about :thinking2: .

How about we all club together and buy the QVC presenters something from IW...and vice versa...hours of fun seeing Julia as she unwraps and wears her size SMALL Galloway fleece with the dogs on it and matching polopancho.

We could give Ali Young a lovely set of Jerome Alexander make up to use - she knows when she's been tango'd...

Watch in awe as chef and guest presenter Simon Brown slowly sets fire to his sausage in the TefalActifry - leaving poor Charlie Brook starving to death as he hasn't eaten in 30 seconds...

thanks cavegirl...I haven't laughed so much in ages...great idea! :giggle:

the traffic warden who gave us a ticket because Mum's disabled blue badge was displayed upside down

my EX sister in law who re-married within months of divorcing my brother, having cleaned him out financially and mentally

the person who just happened to walk past my neighbour's beautiful front garden at 3am with a pair of secateurs in his pocket, and selected a bunch of lovely roses for his wife

My yoga teacher who evicted me from class because she did not know about Shopping Telly's policy on F.A.R.T.I.N.G.

I caught that presentation yesterday as well. At the mention of the Tai Kwondo teacher, I felt quite guilty that we don't buy for Emma's Karate Instructor. Now I've read this thread I know I'm really not entering into the QVC spirit of Christmas. I mean, why stop at one Instructor I should be buying for every Black Belt there! Thank goodness she's left the Guides!

Latest posts

Back