Pope Pete's eloquent words

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well you're IW's biggest fan buying any old bit of tat and useless gadget going. Pete and the producers must lick their lips when you come along like a consumer lapdog panting and drooling for the next bit of cheapo rip-off garb...:mysmilie_19:

No, not biggest fan, also not thick or ignorant, I think you take that crown because you can't understand that customers like myself don't listen to one word that comes out of any presenters mouths, not one single word, if I myself like something I'll buy it, then if I don't like it I send it back its not rocket science, it's also disrespectful of you to call customers names making yourself look as bad as PS. Also I'm not going to lie and joke about the products or service just to make myself look smart and funny on a thread, when in fact you come across as offensive, bitter and rude. I've made comments about presenters never the products or service, I'm not going to lie, but you crossed the line when you started insulting customers. Here's another thread I won't be commenting on, I've gave my opinion so please feel free Greg to make yourself look even more immature (if that's possible) by insulting me again, I won't be reading them because I don't really care what you think, I'm happy with what I buy and that's all that matters, so have a lovely day.

Did anybody see the old Perv being very helpful in measuring said bonded leather chair last night?

The tape was a bit wobbly but never mind.........he was measuring from floor to the top of the arm.............'that's 100 inches.......it's........er.........er........3 foot th..........'

Right, ok, I think over eight foot is a bit on the big side for me but thanks anyway :smirk:

Also last night's mozzy hour was a repeat I think?

One thing about pete that grinds on me is when he says he lives in a little home with a small kitchen with just enough room for a table and how he has an old knackered arm chair...just the sob stories he uses with other items too just total bull shine.

If it's not then maybe he should cut back on the Ralph Lauren, Voi and converce he wears and invest in a new arm chair :wink:

Last edited:
No, not biggest fan, also not thick or ignorant, I think you take that crown because you can't understand that customers like myself don't listen to one word that comes out of any presenters mouths, not one single word, if I myself like something I'll buy it, then if I don't like it I send it back its not rocket science, it's also disrespectful of you to call customers names making yourself look as bad as PS. Also I'm not going to lie and joke about the products or service just to make myself look smart and funny on a thread, when in fact you come across as offensive, bitter and rude. I've made comments about presenters never the products or service, I'm not going to lie, but you crossed the line when you started insulting customers. Here's another thread I won't be commenting on, I've gave my opinion so please feel free Greg to make yourself look even more immature (if that's possible) by insulting me again, I won't be reading them because I don't really care what you think, I'm happy with what I buy and that's all that matters, so have a lovely day.

Yup, you're stupid to buy anything from this dodgy outfit. Good luck to you. They love to rake it in from the gullible. :mysmilie_15:

One thing about pete that grinds on me is when he says he lives in a little home with a small kitchen with just enough room for a table and how he has an old knackered arm chair...just the sob stories he uses with other items too just total bull shine.

If it's not then maybe he should cut back on the Ralph Lauren, Voi and converce he wears and invest in a new arm chair :wink:

Yup. He talks total bs along with the other presenters. The sad thing is too many people get sucked in by their crappy sales talk and buy their useless gadgets and Oxfam bound clothing...

Yup, you're stupid to buy anything from this dodgy outfit. Good luck to you. They love to rake it in from the gullible. :mysmilie_15:

Some people have shopped with Ideal World when it was a (more) reputable outfit, continue to do so and presumably also continue to receive decent service with their purchases. (I've never shopped with them.)

Personally speaking I would stop though, especially seeing their current on-screen antics, and you can usually get better value from 'ordinary' retailers both on- and off-line if you don't need Flexi-pay. This is not 2009!

Reasons not to shop with Ideal World
:

Many employees might be decent people but management and most of the presenters aren't good. A drop in sales might encourage them to try different tactics before it's too late (though it might be too late already).

It's fairly rare nowadays that IW offers good value compared to even the more traditional retailers. Unless you *really* need that Flexi-pay I'd say shop elsewhere.

Even if that IW product is good quality and good value, I wouldn't risk an instance of bad customer service (there's an abnormally high proportion of bad customer feedback) even if you've been lucky so far.

Also I would say that there's now a fairly significant risk of IW going bust especially during an economic downturn. Even if your purchase is safely delivered there's the after-sales service to consider, especially if the manufacturer is less than cooperative.

Bear in mind that many shopping TV exclusive products are exclusive because they have been turned down by major retailers; "Shopping TV" was a snide put-down used on Dragons' Den. If you can't buy that unique kitchen gadget in John Lewis there's probably a very good reason why you can't.

Plus could you bear the thought of funding Gollum's lifestyle? :mysmilie_59:

Along with several people who participate in this very forum I was always quite a fan of Ideal World. We made several purchases from them in the day and not only enjoyed watching the channel but we also enjoyed good service, value and products. Indeed I very much used to refer to Ideal World very favourably when comparing the awful Bid TV to reputable, decent TV retailers.

Not anymore, and it's not down to the influx of, albeit dreadful, Bid presenters. The influx of dreadful Bid presenters (as is the equally jaw dropping behaviour of the longer serving Ideal World presenters) is merely a symptom of how the owners clearly view what a Shopping Channel should be. The Ideal World that we have now is solely down to the owners business plan and philosophy.

And in my personal opinion it's shocking :down:

Along with several people who participate in this very forum I was always quite a fan of Ideal World. We made several purchases from them in the day and not only enjoyed watching the channel but we also enjoyed good service, value and products. Indeed I very much used to refer to Ideal World very favourably when comparing the awful Bid TV to reputable, decent TV retailers.

Not anymore, and it's not down to the influx of, albeit dreadful, Bid presenters. The influx of dreadful Bid presenters (as is the equally jaw dropping behaviour of the longer serving Ideal World presenters) is merely a symptom of how the owners clearly view what a Shopping Channel should be. The Ideal World that we have now is solely down to the owners business plan and philosophy.

And in my personal opinion it's shocking :down:

do you feel that the old guard felt that they needed to become more-like the bid presenters as opposed to their usual patter, incase they were simply pushed out by even more bid presenters?

While selling a Wolf pressure washer a couple of weeks ago, he said " This is a real sheep in wolves clothing" Another gem was "Supply will outstrip demand" Priceless!!

I wonder if he watches himself back after the shows? If he does, it must be with the sound on mute, because even he must notice that he doesn't make an iota of sense. If he isn't mangling the language, he's catastrophically misusing stock phrases, mispronouncing things, leaving sentences unfinished, gurning, camping it up, and generally flailing around like a fish out of water. I don't think his increasingly desperate efforts to get a gig at the end of the pier via using his presentations on IW as auditions are going to be crowned with success. His agent must be in despair.

I wonder if he watches himself back after the shows? If he does, it must be with the sound on mute, because even he must notice that he doesn't make an iota of sense. If he isn't mangling the language, he's catastrophically misusing stock phrases, mispronouncing things, leaving sentences unfinished, gurning, camping it up, and generally flailing around like a fish out of water. I don't think his increasingly desperate efforts to get a gig at the end of the pier via using his presentations on IW as auditions are going to be crowned with success. His agent must be in despair.

He was the same at the defunct, thoroughly shameful, bankrupt Bid TV and they still hired him.

This man often makes no sense, appears regularly disingenuous, sometimes is incomprehensible. Much like Ideal World's pricing.

Maybe it's deliberate? Who knows :mysmilie_59:

Dirty Pete has just confirmed his living arrangements whilst selling the halogen oven. He swears by his oven, he lives alone but Our Bet is there about three days a week. So now we know...

He was the same at the defunct, thoroughly shameful, bankrupt Bid TV and they still hired him.

This man often makes no sense, appears regularly disingenuous, sometimes is incomprehensible. Much like Ideal World's pricing.

Maybe it's deliberate? Who knows :mysmilie_59:

I'm guessing it's 80% deliberate 20% accidental. He does make genuine mistakes BUT he always becomes a bit more coherent (including saying the phone number correctly) towards the end of an hour, unless the adrenalin kicks in to improve his memory :mysmilie_59:

He was at his terrible best last night on the 10pm Acer phone show with JaniceApple

The crew were laughing their heads off at him, he probably loved it

Poor Granny Smith is an afterthought these days. Barely any 'Tech' on sale now (I suppose there hasn't been much for a while really, apart from a shed load of reconditioned iPads with cobwebs). Not surprisingly they're still selling iPad 3's but no mention that it isn't compatible with the new operating system.

Maybe they'll get some stuff in for her to shill for Christmas (if it lasts that long).

Some more bizarre pricing (what a surprise)

359816 iPad 3 32GB WiFi £189.99 & £5.99 P&P (Save 5%)
359542 iPad 3 32GB WiFi £159.00 & £0.00 P&P

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/apple-ipad-3-32gb-wi-fi-with-9.7-inch-retina-display-efurbished-with-one-year-warranty-359816?p=1

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/apple-ipad-3-32gb-wi-fi-with-9.7-inch-retina-display-efurbished-as-new-by-apple-with-one-year-warranty-359542?p=1

Poor Granny Smith is an afterthought these days. Barely any 'Tech' on sale now (I suppose there hasn't been much for a while really, apart from a shed load of reconditioned iPads with cobwebs). Not surprisingly they're still selling iPad 3's but no mention that it isn't compatible with the new operating system.

Maybe they'll get some stuff in for her to shill for Christmas (if it lasts that long).

Some more bizarre pricing (what a surprise)

359816 iPad 3 32GB WiFi £189.99 & £5.99 P&P (Save 5%)
359542 iPad 3 32GB WiFi £159.00 & £0.00 P&P

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/apple-ipad-3-32gb-wi-fi-with-9.7-inch-retina-display-efurbished-with-one-year-warranty-359816?p=1

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/apple-ipad-3-32gb-wi-fi-with-9.7-inch-retina-display-efurbished-as-new-by-apple-with-one-year-warranty-359542?p=1

You save 5% with the first one lol :mysmilie_14:

What the hell is going on there? :mysmilie_10:

You save 5% with the first one lol :mysmilie_14:

What the hell is going on there? :mysmilie_10:

There's endless examples like that Momma. Maybe it's something to do with their 'usual price' and 'price will go up to' nonsense but I'm only guessing. Their pricing is a myriad of complicated offers, usual price, price will go up, price will go down, price will go on a cruise with Nanty to Syria, price will buy all Baby Jane's neighbours a Halogen, price will buy you a Vostok if it can get something so valuable and rare.

Either way it's so widespread it surely can't be a mistake. Both prices are a ripoff anyway, this is nearing what can fairly be described as obsolete kit.

Take your pick or just guess a price. It's Ideal World's version of The Price Is Right :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back