please take their I pads away.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i cant tell you how annoyed i was when i saw it on the morning repeat it was sooooo desperate. if qvc think it makes me want to "rush to the table" trust me on this is does not the opposite in fact. this hard sell tactic one of many being used is really irritating. stop it now qvc its akin to begging.

I thought it was just me who was ready to hurl something at the screen! :grin: But yes, I agree with you totally. It just looks very unprofessional. Also, flashing the iPad about afterwards to prove it too. Bad show, chaps. Bad show. :wonder:

That was disgraceful. Presenters shopping on air is so unprofessional.

Indeed. We've seen it before where the presenter has asked a minstrel in the gallery to go online and order, and you think "yeah right" it's all for show etc, but to actually do it while they should be presenting is just not on. I normally don't mind Craig at all, think he's a good chap, but this was bad and they shouldn't allow it on air. :bow:

That was disgraceful. Presenters shopping on air is so unprofessional.[/QUOTE

and silly. its like they are saying look i'm your presenter friend i have bought this this and this and you shoud to. i can see that pointy finger wagging you know you want to buy everything on air you do. it will be hynosis next lol

Very true, this" I'm your friend " nonsense is what's behind the tweeting as well. Making the viewers think the presenters care about them and what they have to say.

Last edited:
i cant tell you how annoyed i was when i saw it on the morning repeat it was sooooo desperate. if qvc think it makes me want to "rush to the table" trust me on this is does not the opposite in fact. this hard sell tactic one of many being used is really irritating. stop it now qvc its akin to begging.

It doesn't work for you Boffy but the problem is that it does for some, and some of those people will not be able to afford it in the cold light of day when they come to their senses!

Last edited:
Boring enough for us, I'm guessing the whole ipad issue, Twitter etc, must be even more frustrating and annoying for the majority of Q's non-techy demographic.

It's time they gave it a well deserved rest.

It did make me laugh when he "showed" us all how to order off the app and the item said out of stock when it wasn't lol, However he wasnt doing it for our benefit it was because he wanted a set for himself, also be wasting time doing this he ignored peoples texts that was scrolling along the screen, so the people that bothered to text him were ignored so he could be greedy. Course when the set he wanted went Limited stock he was back on his Ipad ordering it. How is that fair he works there hes getting a staff discount, Id be soo annoyed if i turned on when they just sold out and they were what i wanted and that cheshire cat was smirking coz he had ordered them live on air , He makes every show about himself , soo glad he came last in the presenter poll.

maybe when they gave them the ipad, they told them to do it on air to show people how easy it is. apparently not many sales come via the web so if they can get that increased, they can save themselves money by dumping some of the call centre staff.

i've never believed the carp about 'oh no!!! stop buying, leave one for little me!!' as they must know what they are going to present. apart from the ones who make it plain they're hoping the guest will see them right with a freebie - CH and AD. although having said that, it does often seem zero preparation goes into most of the shows so who knows.

maybe when they gave them the ipad, they told them to do it on air to show people how easy it is. apparently not many sales come via the web so if they can get that increased, they can save themselves money by dumping some of the call centre staff.

i've never believed the carp about 'oh no!!! stop buying, leave one for little me!!' as they must know what they are going to present. apart from the ones who make it plain they're hoping the guest will see them right with a freebie - CH and AD. although having said that, it does often seem zero preparation goes into most of the shows so who

knows.

i agree with most of your post but not about dumping the call centre staff. i rarely order or even phone now but its good in these terrile times that these people have thier jobs in a british call centre. i suspect thats one of the few things about qvc i respect!

i agree with most of your post but not about dumping the call centre staff. i rarely order or even phone now but its good in these terrile times that these people have thier jobs in a british call centre. i suspect thats one of the few things about qvc i respect!

don't get me wrong - i agree but with qvc, the bottom line is money. if they can get people ordering online, they can save themselves a lot of salaries.

I agree Janie, that's exactly what they are aiming at as it saves them a fortune in the long run. Dont anyone get me wrong either I think the Call Centre is great and I'd want them to stay, especially as it is British, but that wont be in the Q business plan.

Last edited:
don't get me wrong - i agree but with qvc, the bottom line is money. if they can get people ordering online, they can save themselves a lot of salaries.

i agree but i believe some of qvc's customers may not be ordering online and prefer to talk on the phone. maybe they could charge a geographical phone number most people dont pay for these an 0800 number may cost them a lot

OK, another reason to take away their iPads.

During the Yankee launch last night an iPad wearing a presenter came on (think it might have been Craig, but these gadgets all look the same...) and made a big fuss of wanting a kit that was on, it was going limited stock, and the usual spiel of not having had time to order before they came on air.

Craig got the guest presenter Rosa to do his job while he fannied about on the blasted iPad ordering - then started waving the iPad about to PROVE he'd ordered. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Stop this stupidity. It's ridiculous.

I saw this, it was so cringeworthy!!!!

i agree with what everyone's saying and i'm sure there will still always be people who prefer to use the phone but i bet they'd like those percentages reversed. so craig may have been told to do that as part of a campaign. they certainly seem web obsessed ay the moment.

QVC just seem so behind the times all the time. They are banging on about Twitter like its a new phenomenon but its been going for YEARS. I had an account and gave up on it long ago. Same with all this online ordering, apps, iPads etc. Ok, they say they don't get many sales via the website but maybe their demographic is older people at home who just don't do technology. And nothing will change that, they aren't all going to rush out and buy iPads and stuff because Craig waved one at them!! It just makes QVC seem behind then trends when they act as if all this is new technology. I mean, they never even HAD a website until YEARS after other companies!!!!

Wasn't that pathetic?

And he apologised after. Typical Charlie. If you're going to be an arse Charlie at least stand by it. What a twonk.

Latest posts

Back