Pixi Glow Tonic to be on air in AYBNI 9th September

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Latest blog post on Caroline Hirons' blog - she or one of her pals may well be on Ali Young BNI launching Pixi Glow Tonic tomorrow evening.

I hope it's Caroline, and it will be interesting to see if Ali lets her get a word in edgewise.

I've ordered this as I want to see how it compares to Liquid Gold,I know it has less glycolic acid but you can use it every day.
:mysmilie_48:

I doubt Caroline would do it. She has been at the launches of the brands skincare launch and seems to know the owners quite well.

She did SpaceNK for Sunday Riley around different stores. In Belfast they queued round the block for hours, the staff had to hand out water and nibbles for those waiting.

I've ordered this as I want to see how it compares to Liquid Gold,I know it has less glycolic acid but you can use it every day.

This is an actual toner for everyday use, Liquid Gold isn't a toner, and shouldn't be used as one.

I doubt Caroline would do it. She has been at the launches of the brands skincare launch and seems to know the owners quite well.

She did SpaceNK for Sunday Riley around different stores. In Belfast they queued round the block for hours, the staff had to hand out water and nibbles for those waiting.

I was wondering if she might be on a video clip talking about the product. She's going to be at a Pixi launch event in central London on Thursday (for other products, not the Pixi Glow Tonic), so it's not out of the question she might be on QVC.

She has posted a couple of videos of her interview with Sali Hughes, and in that she talked about being at QVC - so it's not out of the question that she'd be there for Pixi, but in a way I hope she's not going to be the brand ambassador as I'd hate to see her being other than her usual free-spirited self.

Last edited:

It doesn't compare as such as LG is a night treatment & PGT is a toner. I use both, love both.

I am really surprised that Caroline would do QVC. The British Blogger has been to QVC, but only doing a report about behind the scenes. I will say Caroline would make mince meat of AY.

Pixie do lovely makeup, it used to appear in TKMaxx quite a bit now and then.

I have tried another toner with 5% of Glycolic Acid in the past from another brand that I love, but I currently prefer AH products, mainly from TSVs, however, this brand is my second favourite and I do use their products every now and then. I love their Vitamin C and Vitamin K cream, they really work.

This is the toner that I’ve mentioned, £6.
http://www.ishtarskinlights.com/cleansers/glytone

Not quit sure what Caroline is doing. She seems most meek and mild compared to her blogs!

Not quit sure what Caroline is doing. She seems most meek and mild compared to her blogs!

In her blogs, Caroline is calling the shots, and I think it's one of her sons who does the camerawork for her, if she's not filming herself. Not sure if both Caroline and Amanda had talkback packs on, but I'm sure if you're not used to them they would have a rather dampening effect as you get the producers counting down the amount of time and the amount of product sold. They seemed to get cut off in their prime - didn't even get a chance to answer one of the questions Ali asked.

I kept flicking over from Bake Off. Can I say, one Caroline looked so much better than AY, natural and great skin not caked in shimmer brick and over pale foundation.

I thought reading her she would be doing guest presenter. Was hoping for a Eve Lom moment, which was epic. :mysmilie_8: I cannot wait for her opinions on AY and QVC in her blog.

Caroline if given the chance would turn qvc beauty on its head as she actually knows what she's on about unlike certain other guests and presenters. I'm always shocked by some of the things brand reps say to sell a product and if you suggest something different on the qvc page people go crazy ��

Unlike the consensus of this thread, I have never found Ali to be lacking in the technique, problem solving, product knowledge department. Guests such as Keeley, Adele and Fiona do seem to know their stuff. There are many issues, which the viewer would appreciate being addressed, which are omitted from the presentation. The main one for me, is animal testing, does the range contain any animal by products or ingredients, is the company PETA approved, i.e. it may claim to be animal friendly but, if it is, why not sign PETA's statement, and be able to use the leaping bunny on it's packaging. What are the ingredients, and which one appears first in the listing? Does it contain SLS? Probably an honest answer to this last question, would see many ranges experience a lull in sales.
I fully understand, each product has a limited length of air time, so expecting every concern to be answered on every presentation, would be a tad unrealistic. Each item on QVC, not only in beauty, has many airings so, if a fact cannot be addressed in one showing, mention it in the next.

Here is a link to the ingredients list

http://www.pixibeauty.co.uk/glow-tonic

Pixie are a Swedish company but this product in made in the US.

Here is their statement on Animal Testing.

Does Pixi test on animals?

Pixi does not test on animals, nor do we have any other parties, such as suppliers, conduct any animal testing on our behalf. Pixi uses only the highest quality ingredients which have a proven safety record and are widely used in the cosmetics industry.

I think she mentioned it somewhere. 47 years old. If I remember correctly.

Latest posts

Back