Pippa's Slurred Speech

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It'll be the charlie again!

No! not the snorted-off-a-toilet charlie, more likely 10 minutes with Mr Brook in the green room before going on air.

Jude xx

I don't want to presume that the poor girl has been on anything at all, altho I can easily see why people may come to that conclusion having witnessed a few mins of her 2nite. Something just seemed very surreal about her presentations...perhaps twatter ooops I mean twitter obsession! Anyone would think she was selling that! I know the clearance dresses were nothing to rave about & it would have been false to go OTT but perhaps a bit of a professional presentation wouldn't have gone amiss? Like the measurements?? Washing instructions? Sizing chart? Granted I didn't watch for long but saw 2 items & none of this seemed to be mentioned. Just "Will you tweet me for this & that blah blah"... I wouldn't mind but someone said on here that only 5% of Q's orders are from the app & only 20% from the internet so there's hardly going to be a twatting, ooops did it again lol tweeting frenzy is there!

I was watching her during the Northern Nights hour and she had to apologise a couple of times for not being able to get her words out.

Yes, most noticeable during the bedding show - maybe just coming down from the manic hysteria of the previous hour was my first thought? If you are hampered by even something as simple as a cold (or anything really) it seems to take your brain even longer to 'adjust' than usual & slurred speech is one of the things this shows up as?

(I do a bit of slurred speaking myself now & then, going from hyper hyper to terminal velocity plummet into major downer & although, for example, I don't drink at all, not a drop, I'm sure I sound half sozzled sometimes! lol)

Last edited:
Yes, most noticeable during the bedding show - maybe just coming down from the manic hysteria of the previous hour was my first thought? If you are hampered by even something as simple as a cold (or anything really) it seems to take your brain even longer to 'adjust' than usual & slurred speech is one of the things this shows up as?

(I do a bit of slurred speaking myself now & then, going from hyper hyper to terminal velocity plummet into major downer & I don't drink at all, not a drop, though I'm sure I sound half sozzled sometimes! lol)

I didn't see her earlier & I have to say I'm a bit saddened as she was & is one of my favs on Q. Sounds like she's going through a split after a very long term marriage which is exceptionally hard & to then face tv. She's just annoying me at the mo' with the twitter & tablet references. They won't lure the internet savvy to buy from them by doing that, quite the reverse in my opinion!

Last edited:
It'll be the charlie again!

No! not the snorted-off-a-toilet charlie, more likely 10 minutes with Mr Brook in the green room before going on air.

Jude xx

actually it came across as more like the former.

That previous show was mental though, she seemed vastly over-excited by all the tweeting stuff - slightly slurred speech, I'm surprised she could even remember what her bl**dy name was, or where she was after that level of near hysteria.....! LOL

I watched the NN hour and, IMO, Pippa was just being Pippa. Didn't seem to be anything untoward. Didn't know she and her husband had separated.

i think it was the fact she had to do the clothing part with no guest & it showed.. She was very clearly not cut out for a lone show when the stuff clearly wasnt that good & not selling.. panic mode set in .. how the hell am i going to fill an hour with no guest to bounce off

lets face it 99% of the population would struggle to sit & talk in a positive & calm manner about what approximated to shapeless crimpoline tat

She was a lot calmer at the start of the bedding session with that woman guest .. not that i watched a great deal of that as i had seen enough stupidness

many presenters seem to have developed a more frenzied presentation style of late - perhaps this is an executive instruction, trying to whip up customers' enthusiasm.

I never enjoy Pipa's presenting style, too screechy for me ! Christmas might have been difficult for her, having separated from her hubby last year.

Latest posts

Back