Philosophy TSV - 27/11/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didnt get the sample either and wont be buying, only item i use now is 'the great mystery'.

saving my pennies for the bears :happy: x

I got the sample and really like the scent - although I've not used it yet.
I think I'll get the amazing grace version as I've always had pure grace before and have LOADS of fragrance.

I didn't get a sample and I won't be buying either. I was very disappointed wiht last christmas TSV as I really didn't like the Love Everlasting EDT and will not risk it again.

Just tried this and can smell literally NOTHING

bought the pure grace as this will bring back memories when i bought the first philiosophy tsv.that was so fantastic the body butter came in a jar and you got some skincare as well i remember going into space nk in kings road and it would have cost £150.
dont like eternal or unconditional very odd notes.:clapping:

Inner Grace & I would have snapped it up!

I made the mistake of buying 2 TSV's last year when they launched Everlasting Love & ended up paying about £18 in postage to return them as that stuff was beyond vile & I am still convinced to this day that the Amazing Grace I received was off! It was unlike any other Amazing Grace I have bought or used. I was hoping Robyn would give a decent description of the Eternal Grace, but no, yet again she failed to give a decent description. Ho hum.

Last edited:
I caved because MrM offered to buy one each for me and my sister plus I'd had a few glasses of wine by the time the TSV came on.

I have said a few times. Loads of Philosophy in TKMaxx at the moment, the graces bath/body and even skin care as well. So those disappointed with the TSV should give it a look.

OMG, just watching the repeat of the Philosophy show from last night. The models??! It looks like they're all high or drunk, what's so funny?! Rene looks like she's about to em....and Frankie wafting perfume on to herself over and over! Is this really supposed to tempt us to buy? So we too can sit in our bathrooms with our eyes closed and p!ss ourselves laughing at how happy Philosophy makes us?

Oh dear....

OMG, just watching the repeat of the Philosophy show from last night. The models??! It looks like they're all high or drunk, what's so funny?! Rene looks like she's about to em....and Frankie wafting perfume on to herself over and over! Is this really supposed to tempt us to buy? So we too can sit in our bathrooms with our eyes closed and p!ss ourselves laughing at how happy Philosophy makes us?

Oh dear....

They reminded me of the Three Witches from McBeth.
I would have gone for the TSV if it were in Baby Grace too.

Oh dear....

Why do they need 3 models for these shows? What's the point? It doesn't add anything, and it quite frankly makes me want to throw missiles at the television every time they cut to them sitting in a line grinning and fake laughing at something (unless someone has just poked them with a pointed stick off camera) it adds nothing to the show.

Just as an aside, we don't have any Philosophy in our local TKMaxx but the lovely forumite ArtDeco was kind enough to get me a lovely tube of 'The Present' clear make up from her local branch and send it to me. I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying using it too - most impressed with the literal actual results I've had from it. I've used way less make up and it's a contender for me to replace Spackle with...Anyway, many thanks to the lovely ArtDeco:hi::tongue:

Can someone give a shot at describing Pure Grace and Amazing Grace better than the presenters please? I've never bought Phiilosophy before and I'm a little tempted as the value and variety of products seems good and my OH has offered to pay. At least it's not all shower gel like the L'Occitane one.

And I agree that models making out to the camera or giggling together while spraying or rolling perfume all over theirr neck is not an inducement to buy.

Can someone give a shot at describing Pure Grace and Amazing Grace better than the presenters please? I've never bought Phiilosophy before and I'm a little tempted as the value and variety of products seems good and my OH has offered to pay. At least it's not all shower gel like the L'Occitane one.

And I agree that models making out to the camera or giggling together while spraying or rolling perfume all over theirr neck is not an inducement to buy.

They remind me of fairy washing up liquid,if i had too pick i would go for Amazing grace. If you like clean smells it is ok.

Can someone give a shot at describing Pure Grace and Amazing Grace better than the presenters please?.

It's so difficult to describe a scent but the Graces are reminiscent of a clean cotton Yankee candle type smell. A clean, fresh warm smell. Amazing grace has a touch more sweetness to it than Pure Grace. I love them all and would urge you to give it a go ~ You can always send it back if you don't like it.
They're the only fragrances I use since I took the plunge and ordered. The new Eternal Grace is just as gorgeous imo as the rest.

I got the sample of the new Eternal Grace in the post to try and was really excited as I loved the last Philosophy TSV, especially the Coctails shower gel. I also love citrus-y fragrances, BUT I was very disappointed with this- it faded very quickly into a smell which reminds me of talcum powder!

Thanks for giving it a go guys :flower: - I know it's difficult to describe scents. At least from the clean description you agree with it doesn't sound as if they are offensive and the Amazing Grace doesn't sound too cloying. Still dithering though!

I would say they are both very fresh smelling, but the Amazing Grace is little more flowery perfumey, rather than just pure fresh, like the Pure Grace.

I like them both.

However, I really can't consider them as "proper" fragrance, as I feel they are little more than a body spray type formulation. Very refreshing and light, but doesn't last AT ALL, which is quite disappointing.

Latest posts

Back