Philosophy TSV 15/11/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

weve got two here one in bournemouth rarely has any philosophy the smaller one up the road has rows and rows of it even benefit eyeshadows!
do you have another near you mrsj?

I've just received my order from the Hermes courier - I went for the Amazing Grace option.

On checking my order though I've found that I have the roll on perfume oil in Pure Grace :( (everything else is Amazing Grace). Anyone else had this problem? I've contacted them about it but I'm annoyed that I've now got the hassle of sorting it out.

Word of warning about the sorting it out. Usually if there's a problem with one part of a kit QVC will ask for you to send the whole kit back for a replacement, but as they sold out of the amazing grace you may not get a replacement. Maybe its something you'll have to "put up" with?

Word of warning about the sorting it out. Usually if there's a problem with one part of a kit QVC will ask for you to send the whole kit back for a replacement, but as they sold out of the amazing grace you may not get a replacement. Maybe its something you'll have to "put up" with?

I had wondered if they would try that. I'm not sending the whole thing back for one small bottle though, especially if I can't get a replacement in the same option! I hadn't realised it'd sold out actually.

I'll see what they say - hopefully they are can source an replacement from the supplier (they've done it before with bottle lids that arrived broken). It's their duty to provide the products as advertised after all and I shouldn't have to miss out because of one incorrect item. I'm ever hopeful and I'll see what happens but I won't be "putting up" with it because I don't like the Pure Grace very much and the perfume oil was one reason for ordering!

My TSV arrived yesterday BUT the rollerball had leaked all over the rest of the PG items. Option offered was to send it all back but I wasn't happy so am getting the postage refunded instead.

I am really not loving Unconditional Love, have been wearing it all night and am not at all sure, it's SO sweet when you first put it on as well. I shall try it in the shower tomorrow and have a spray of the perfume before heading to work and decide whether I am keeping or sending back.

QVC have outdone themselves with delivery of my TSV though - I ordered both, Amazing Grace right at the dot of midnight and Pure Grace just before it went on waitlist. Guess which arrived today? Pure Grace of course! Yes, I only received one and they were both shipped the same day according to the website (although they were hours apart as I remember being amused at Pure showing shipped before Amazing) - there really is no rhyme or reason to how QVC ship things out.

True to form QVC are being difficult. They say I either have to return the whole order for a refund or as a gesture of goodwill they'll refund my p&p. None of which helps because part of the order was for a Christmas present and the incorrect part was for me to keep. I've pointed out that surely they can contact Philosophy and source a replacement item but they're going on about not being able to ask them to contact other vendors :thinking2:. After receiving replacement parts from Philosophy (via QVC) I'm certain this isn't the case.

I wonder if a very public posting on their FB page will get things moving? Or failing that, I might try contacting Philosophy direct voicing my disappointment in them and QVC's customer service.

I don't know why QVC have to let themselves down with things like this. There are ways around things if they bother to ask but I bet their process says they can't do it so they won't look outside it Rubbish! It really puts me off them! On their part, why would they want an entire order returned and refunded because of one small missing part? It just doesn't make sense! Such a waste.

:angry::angry::angry:

i don't call refunding your P&P a gesture of goodwill, i think it's the bloomin least they can do. They got your order wrong therefore they should be doing everything they can to put it right. Considering it takes them so long to get the orders out you would have thought they could get it right.

I do actually want a new perfume, but for the first time in years I went to smell Channel 5, and had a real "come home" moment, so think I will buy that instead of this one. Has anyone ever used these perfumes from philosophy? They seem to get very mixed reviews.

I am a big fan of Chanel no 5. The Eau Premiere is divine!!

Philosophy fragrances aren't as strong as Chanel and they don't last as long on the skin.

I wear the pure grace during the day, to me it smells of freshly laundered clothes (this might sound silly, but it reminds me of the feel you get when you sleep on freshly washed bedding).

I also like the Unconditional love I am a fan of falling in love and it does smell similar. I washed my hair in this yesterday, blow dried it and straightened it and I can still smell it today. Its not overpowering, very feminine and perfect for the evening.

For me personally, I need to be dressed up and feel a certain way to wear Chanel no 5 but I do love the Eau Premiere, its timeless.

My PG roller ball had leaked too, I have it upright now, not much chance of me using as a handbag size now.

The unconditional love is way too sweet for me so it's gone straight on auction! (not sure if we're allowed to say site names)

Latest posts

Back