Philosophy TSV 15/11/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would never buy a perfume without knowing what it smells like. I bought a load of Baby Grace once and hated it. I'm an Amazing Grace girl now. :flower: Luckily I'm going to London on Saturday so will see if John Lewis have the new perfume so I can have a whiff. :smirk:

Rooby, John Lewis have the new perfume on their website, its £34.40 for a 59.2ml bottle.. So they should have it in store for you to have a good sniff :sun:

My JL doesn't always have everything that's on the website for Philosophy and they didn't have it when I went in on Friday.

I would say at £45 it is good value. The RRP of Falling In Love is £32 so Unconditional would be the same and the Unconditional Love shower gel is 16oz and therefore £18 so that's £50 which will be the TSV price plus the postage. You then get the 3 grace products and the perfume oil which retails at $25 and that equates to £15.24 at the moment. Not bad considering we are getting a brand new fragrance launch in it.

I'm not sure now having read the descriptions of Falling in Love. I must have smelt it before at JL and if I haven't bought it before now I mustn't have been too fussed about it.

i agree...the gingerbread man SG was gorgeous and unisex too but i think it's been discontinued :( great packaging too

Have a look over on the New Beauty Items thread as there is a Gingerbread man set in there.

For the sake of adding my twopenneth Gingerbread man is the only one of Philosophy's shower gels that I have really not liked. Even returned a set to QVC. x

Have a look over on the New Beauty Items thread as there is a Gingerbread man set in there.

For the sake of adding my twopenneth Gingerbread man is the only one of Philosophy's shower gels that I have really not liked. Even returned a set to QVC. x

I had a set too some time ago. The smell was quite strong from what I can remember. The new set is over £40.00 inc p&p so I would imagine the sizes must be quite big. I shall be f.a.r.ting on this set.

I had a set too some time ago. The smell was quite strong from what I can remember. The new set is over £40.00 inc p&p so I would imagine the sizes must be quite big. I shall be f.a.r.ting on this set.

Then the smell will get stronger! :giggle: PS. the sizes do look to be big.

OVER £50 :?: Are you lot MAD :?::?:

FART everyone FART!

You are getting good at all this farting Jabba :up2:

I will be farting on this one, cant stand the graces and cant believe how many graces TSV's Philosophy have done, cant they come up with something else for a change

You are getting good at all this farting Jabba :up2:

I will be farting on this one, cant stand the graces and cant believe how many graces TSV's Philosophy have done, cant they come up with something else for a change

Jabba's not that good at f.a.r.ting BB. She isn't f.a.r.ting on pippa's ring. I agree about the TSV though. Boring boring boring.:dull::yawn2:

I think i must be getting too fussy, none of the last few beauty tsv's have rang my bell...im so disappointed :(

any idea as to what size the bottle of unconditional love perfume is ? the 3 smaller bottles look like 250ml, what about price, are we thinking £50 ish? :cheeky:

well last christmas's tsv was about £56 and they put it on 3 easy pays, this one seems to have the same amount of products in it so i expect it will be of a similar price. if it isn't this expensive then i'll have 2! (in my dreams) :giggle:

£60 does seem an awful amount of money for what you get, especially as there are tons of Philosophy in TK Maxx at the moment. This morning I picked up a 250ml bottle of Amazing Grace buffing shower cream for £5, which seems a lot more reasonable as a treat!

Card from QVC says 6 piece Love and Grace Layering Collection with
UK launch of Unconditional Love of Philosophy's new fragrance.
Features a picture of the Unconditional love fragrance and the 473ml/16floz shampoo, bath/shower gel.
Discription reads complement Love with grace by selecting from two popular Grace frangranced, head to top layering sets. Each 4 piece layering set of three best selling bath body products, as well as an innovative new way to experience Grace.

So does that mean one set includes three body products of 8oz Pure Grace or Amazing Grace ?

:flower:

Last edited:
my resolve is beginning to crumble

From my early days of QVC, watching with fascination, drinking in the praise and hype of all the beauty products, and, as if in a trance, dialling Q-cut on speed dial, I have managed to cut back to 3 main brands, as per my name, and even then, have passed up TSVs which I didn't think were great/had too much of already.
However, these descriptions of the philosophy TSV are making we wonder whether I should give it a go. I got last year's Philosophy TSV, which was alot of bath stuff in Amazing Grace, and returned it, as the fragrance was ludicrously weak, and judging by the poor reviews on the QVC website, I was not alone.
Perhaps I should think about the hideous two way P&P, and resist temptation.
Help, I really need to f.a.r.t!

im really looking forward to this one, this is a treat for me i dont buy philosophy much far too expensive unless its from tk maxx, i like amazing grace not keen on pure, but love falling in love so cant wait to try unconditional love.

From my early days of QVC, watching with fascination, drinking in the praise and hype of all the beauty products, and, as if in a trance, dialling Q-cut on speed dial, I have managed to cut back to 3 main brands, as per my name, and even then, have passed up TSVs which I didn't think were great/had too much of already.
However, these descriptions of the philosophy TSV are making we wonder whether I should give it a go. I got last year's Philosophy TSV, which was alot of bath stuff in Amazing Grace, and returned it, as the fragrance was ludicrously weak, and judging by the poor reviews on the QVC website, I was not alone.
Perhaps I should think about the hideous two way P&P, and resist temptation.
Help, I really need to f.a.r.t!

Hi LLE, welcome to the forum. I was just the same as you once upon a time, buying up all the TSV's going and much more. Since f.a.r.ting I have found there is more to life than buying everything all the time. The graces are weak and watery IMO so if I were you I would give f.a.r.ting a go.

My farter may be removed for this TSV. BUT in my defence I have passed on a lot of TSV's recently. Haven't bought one since Rhubarb & Crumble from Charlie Bears, think I am allowed a TSV by the time this one comes round.

*whistles* We'll just not mention Smashbox later this week...

Latest posts

Back