Philosophy is so boring now.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish QVC would realise that they have a seperate audience here and make some kind of effort to appeal to us. I'm particularly thinking of the 'fashion' they peddle which seems to be aimed at an audience in the American boondocks. Of course I don't include the stunning Nina Leonard tsv we recently had which was...well, I just can't find the words at the moment, but i know they'll come to me once the medication has kicked in.

Hahahaha! ROFPMSL!! I think the buyers were clearly on something when they went for that particular 'creation'. Goodness only knows what they will be peddling on Friday ...!

I find the American rep to be bland and far too earnest for a UK/Irish audience, and the shows are now dull and dreary and I won't be tuning in anymore.

I have to say, when I'm investing in good skincare, I prefer an earnest approach - that way I know what I'm investing in! With the new guest, I have learned a lot about products I have been considering and, as a result, have now purchased.

I do agree that Lee was extremely enthusiastic, and that we suffer in the UK in comparison with US - with regards 'flavours' and some of the sets.

I really don't like watching the Philosophy shows any more either. Lee was like a breath of fresh air because there are not many of the guests who actually hold their own and attempt to sell the products along with the presenters. I've also noticed that Robin wears the same clothes every time she is on air and doesn't seem to sell the products.

I don't buy their skincare anyway because of those products I have tried they have not worked for me (with the exception of Hope in a Tube which does the same as LE Daily Eye Repair but costs more!). I do however love their shower gels and was lucky enough to go to the US last October. Since reading this thread I've also had a look at the QVC US site and can't believe the amount of stock that is more available to those customers and in the stores over in the US.

Come on, Philosophy, we need to be inspired to buy again.

I was astonished to see it wasnt lee.......must admit that i can take him & leave him so to speak. His face was a picture when he said on air that 'we have had a baby' ali was of course yawning at that. ...However dunno what has happened as he supposed to have 'created' the floral 3 in one [ i think it was in a TSV ] & came with the exfoliating wash & other stuff........i can remember my 1st shower & said stick to presenting as im not too impressed & was going to send the lot back BUT the pup ate the box & i rather like the wash BUT wouldnt but it again,........all that said the household all use purity & ive bought it for male as well as females as stocking fillers etc & my SIL said on sunday his skin has never been better having had bad acne now much much improved.......BUT like other come on QVC lets have some zhush back in & have some in place of MB if they are not coming back...........

As I said earlier in regard to Lee and his presentations, when he was on stuff sold out very quickly, and a quick browse of the Philosophy reviews on the website attests to the fact that he persuaded a lot of people to buy. I thought he was very informative about the products, but he could also be entertaining, and I need that in order to be able to engage with a presenter.
I can't see many people sticking with Robyn's presentations after they've seen a couple of them, she is just not a natural salesperson IMO, whereas Lee was born to sell. He also had superb skin which was a good advertisement for the product he was espousing.
We need more of the shower gels and body stuff and less of the same old things wheeled out show after show.

I can't see many people sticking with Robyn's presentations after they've seen a couple of them, she is just not a natural salesperson IMO, whereas Lee was born to sell.

The thing is, I like to learn about the product and not have someone forcibly selling at me. That being said, I liked Lee, but I never forgot that he wanted me to buy things! I like Robin, like I said, it may just be a spiel, but at least it is a NEW spiel ...

I was astonished to see it wasnt lee.......must admit that i can take him & leave him so to speak. His face was a picture when he said on air that 'we have had a baby' ali was of course yawning at that. ...

Someone mentioned Lee saying 'we have had a baby' before - I remember this on-air, but I thought he was talking about a new product! Did I miss something?

The thing is, I like to learn about the product and not have someone forcibly selling at me. That being said, I liked Lee, but I never forgot that he wanted me to buy things! I like Robin, like I said, it may just be a spiel, but at least it is a NEW spiel ...

She obviously appeals to you Nicky and that's great if it encourages you to try stuff you may not have bought before. Who knows, you may find a fab product that works brilliantly. I do feel, though, that the majority of Philosophy afficionadoes have drifted away since Lee disappeared, and I can't see the brand selling in the impressive quantities it did before. When I spoke to a QVC CS lady about an unrelated matter (the microplane footfile fiasco mentioned on another thread), I got in a comment about Lee being conspicuous by his absence on the Philosophy hours, and she said that a lot of callers had 'mentioned' it. She wasn't forthcoming but I got the distinct impression that customers were making their feelings known. It would have been better if they had said on air that Lee was no longer with them and then introduced Robyn - as it was, it seemed as if he had never existed.

She obviously appeals to you Nicky and that's great if it encourages you to try stuff you may not have bought before. Who knows, you may find a fab product that works brilliantly. I do feel, though, that the majority of Philosophy afficionadoes have drifted away since Lee disappeared, and I can't see the brand selling in the impressive quanties

I couldnt agree more, I,ve already started to buy outside the pholosophy range as Robin just doesnt do it for me, I know its the brand and not the presenter tbh I can't watch the shows now they are so boring, Lee was a good laugh and an excellent salesman.

I have just looked at the web page on QVC for Philosophy as there are some shows on tomorrow and apart from the six piece essentials and cinnamon buns collection there is nothing new. That collection is nearly £50.00 with about £5.00 p&p. I don't think it's on easy pay either.

There doesn't appear to be many new items in any of the skincare ranges and probably will not be till they shift existing stock.

With the poor Sterling exchange rate I should be making more use of QVC but I cannot work up any enthusiasm for what's on offer, besides, this paucity has taught me that just as good results can be obtained from much cheaper pharmacy brands.

OMG has the lovely Lee gone forever? How on earth is Philosophy Girl coping?

I tuned in the other day to see the American presenter (yes she is dull and I switched off), but I assumed it was a one off and that maybe Lee was on his hols. Oh dear, this doesnt bode well for the brand on QVC.

I knew you would agree, Choppy. Afraid Lee is gone for good and I'm not liking it...

I am finding this Philosophy hour so boring. Products we have seen so many times before. The american woman is even wearing the same cardi she wore on the last visit here and Ann Dawson looks like she is dressed for a funeral. Yawn yawn. Bring back Lee.
Yes, I noticed the cardi but she has actually worn it EVERY TIME she's guest on the show since Lee's been gone.So that must be three or four trips over here! [in fact I look out for it now]

:52:
Yes, I noticed the cardi but she has actually worn it EVERY TIME she's guest on the show since Lee's been gone.So that must be three or four trips over here! [in fact I look out for it now]

Yes... it's started o walk about the studio on its' own!!

Actually I noticed that the last time Robyn was on air she wore a beige version of the cardigan rather than the gray. Mind you, she does keep saying that the Amazing Grace fragrance is like putting on your favourite outfit that you always feel good in - maybe the cardi is hers?? I seriously need to find work soon, I think! x

OMG has the lovely Lee gone forever? How on earth is Philosophy Girl coping?

I tuned in the other day to see the American presenter (yes she is dull and I switched off), but I assumed it was a one off and that maybe Lee was on his hols. Oh dear, this doesnt bode well for the brand on QVC.

I'm coping, but only just! I've watched one show since they got the new presenter and although she was ok, I wasn't really inspired to buy anything. It's been the same old kits for ages, at least Lee made it interesting to watch. At least the lack of new things is giving me a chance to use up my stockpile, I'm finally on my last bottle of purity!

Latest posts

Back