Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL Hair Removal System TSV 01/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

April Fool's Day ............ which is probably why they've decided we all want/need yet another kind of hair removal system. :taphead:

Philips Lumea Precision Plus Face & Body IPL Hair Removal
Item Number: 401221
QVC Price £392.00
Today's Special Value Price £324.96
P&P £6.95

The ultimate choice in fast and virtually painless unwanted hair removal, the Philips Lumea Precision Plus uses advanced Intense Pulsed Light technology (IPL) as a safe and effective alternative to traditional hair removal methods such as waxing, shaving, creams, gels and epilators. Use Slide & Flash mode to treat larger areas like your legs, or Step & Flash to treat curved areas or targeted zones like your bikini line, and get the silky smooth skin you've always craved.

How does it work? Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is designed to help break the cycle of hair growth by transferring light energy through the skin’s surface, which is then absorbed by the melanin present in hair. This process stimulates the hair to go into its resting phase. Treated hairs then take 1 - 2 weeks to shed naturally and regrowth is disrupted.

Versatile design - as well as being effective for legs, arms, back and tummy, your Lumea comes with specially-designed precision attachments for use on the face and bikini area. Plus it is cordless, so nothing can restrict your movement or leave you tangled up.

Suitable for a wide variety of hair and skin types - the Philips Lumea works effectively on (naturally) dark blonde, brown and black hair. As with other light-based treatments, Philips Lumea won't be effective on red, light-blonde or white/grey hair, and isn't suitable for use on very dark skin.

No replacement parts or hidden costs - the Lumea is a complete hair reduction solution that comes ready to work straight out of the box. You won't need any replacement lamps or gels.

Look forward to not using it - to effectively treat hair, for your first four treatments repeat every two weeks and then once monthly.

Extended 60-day money back guarantee - we have decided to double our money back guarantee to 60 days on this item so that you can fully benefit from using this device. If you find your skin tone cannot be treated, simply return the product for a refund.

Helps to prevent hair regrowth, so you can enjoy beautifully smooth, hair free skin with continued use
An integrated UV-filter protects your skin during the treatment process
An internal safety sensor prevents unintentional flashing to keep your skin safe
Convenient cordless design
Two year warranty
Large 4cm (1.6") treatment window for rapid application

What's in the box?

Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL device
1 x Body attachment
1 x Bikini attachment
1 x Face attachment
1 x Storage pouch
1 x Charger
1 x Instruction manual

Technical specifications:

Voltage: 100-240V
Charging time: 100 min
Battery life: minimum 370 flashes
High performance lamp delivers more than 100,000 flashes

Get the best results:

Before treatment, the hair above the surface of the skin needs to be removed - use any of the mechanical methods of hair removal (shaving, epilating, waxing)
Select the correct intensity level for your skin tone using the provided skin chart
Turn the unit on and press the treatment window against your skin
Wait for the flash light to turn on and press the button
Slowly slide the Lumea across the treatment area
Avoid flashing the same spot more than once
Use on the legs, arms, underarms and bikini, and below the nose for facial hair removal
Do not use around the eye area or for eyebrows
Ensure you leave at least 48 hours after tanning before you use Lumea

Treatment time guide:

Lower leg: 8 minutes
Underarm: 60 seconds
Bikini line: 60 seconds
Facial areas: 60 seconds

Behind the brand
Philips is one of the world's most recognised technology companies, and is focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company is a leader in home healthcare, energy-efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as shaving, grooming and oral healthcare.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.401221

Gah, more pressurising women and men into thinking they are abnormal for having body hair and that everyone else is removing it all.

Part of my job role is in sexual and reproductive health, I do smears and genital swabs every day, most people AREN'T removing every last bit of their pubic hair, don't feel pressurised by presentations for these devices to do so. Everyone else isn't doing it, as they'd have you believe.

I would whole heartedly recommend this
If anyone is considering buying this , can I say ' it worked for me' I bought one about 3-4 years ago and used it as described for 3-6 months and never needed to use it again- I ended up selling it in eBay as I no longer needed it.
All these years on I'm still hair free on my legs bikini line and underarms .
I only wish I had found this years ago.
( I'm white/English with brown hair)

It's brilliant !!! It works !!!

I would whole heartedly recommend this
If anyone is considering buying this , can I say ' it worked for me' I bought one about 3-4 years ago and used it as described for 3-6 months and never needed to use it again- I ended up selling it in eBay as I no longer needed it.
All these years on I'm still hair free on my legs bikini line and underarms .
I only wish I had found this years ago.
( I'm white/English with brown hair)

It's brilliant !!! It works !!!

I would expect it to work, at just over £332! Being on EP, however, makes it a no brainer. I'm off work today, and flicking channels, I landed on the Q, to catch Jilly warning us that, "for today, and today ONLY", we can get it for £324.95. Just out of interest, I wonder how the presenters feel, about spending so much, on a 'beauty tool'?

Just so that people are aware the 2008 model that QVC are selling today is not the latest model of the Lumea. The newest model is the 2009, which I have just bought from Boots Priced at £350 reduced from £500 on offer at the moment. I'm not sure what the possible updates or differences between the two are but may be worth checking. I have bought this on the recommendation of my sister in law who is thrilled with the results after about six weeks use. I agree with Ellaaa about the pressure on women to be hair free these days but ultimately it is down to individual choice and for me with dark hair and the inevitable increase in facial hair as one gets older it feels right for me.

Just so that people are aware the 2008 model that QVC are selling today is not the latest model of the Lumea. The newest model is the 2009, which I have just bought from Boots Priced at £350 reduced from £500 on offer at the moment. I'm not sure what the possible updates or differences between the two are but may be worth checking. I have bought this on the recommendation of my sister in law who is thrilled with the results after about six weeks use. I agree with Ellaaa about the pressure on women to be hair free these days but ultimately it is down to individual choice and for me with dark hair and the inevitable increase in facial hair as one gets older it feels right for me.
I’m interested, do you get MBG on it with Boots? I did look on Boots website, something tells me it’s a ‘No’.

I’m interested, do you get MBG on it with Boots? I did look on Boots website, something tells me it’s a ‘No’.
My past experience with Boots has been really good with anything electrical that becomes faulty within 12months of purchase. I took a Revlon hair dryer with a faulty heat control switch last month. The dryer was 11 months old, just showed them my purchase receipt and there was no problem when I took it back, they just exchanged it for another and gave me a new receipt for a further 12 months. I suppose the difference is that if the one from Q goes wrong will it be so easy to sort out, but you have the MBG if you don't get on with it. Hope this helps!

Marina I think it would be an idea to phone Boots and ask, but my gut feeling would be that unless the item was sealed and unused it's probably unlikely they would refund. Results of using IPL can vary person to person, but the reviews online seem to mostly rave about the model I bought but I can only so far go by these and my SIL recommendation. If in doubt maybe your best option is Q, try it and return if you're not happy.

Oh of course, I certainly advocate personal choice :) Many people have great results (me included!) I just don't take well to the way women and men are made to think that they're abnormal if they choose not to remove bodily hair.

I was thinking if I could return it if I'd changed my mind.

I wouldn't have thought so from Boots but actually if there's a contrast between your hair and skin it should work. Just be aware that it may take more time than the presenters and guest gaily trot out. Oh you'll be bald as a coot by a week next Friday!! Err probably not.

I've always been quite anti these home devices but tried the Silk n Glide from QVC a while back and despite it taking maybe twice as long as the guest said it would I've seen a real improvement. QVC don't do the Silk n Glide any more. I think from the reviews they had a dodgy batch but I was lucky as mine has been absolutely fine.

I suppose I'm just being suspicious of QVC as to why they are selling the TSV as the latest technology as though infering that this is the current model from Lumea when it isn't and why are Boots not selling the previous model 2008 on their website ?

Boots do sell other models, whether they sell the one Q is selling I don't know. But they had a triple points offer on right now so if you go for the £350 one you'll get something like £40 in points. Could be a good offer. But you can't return it if you don't like it.

Someone from Q facebook team has posted an answer on their facebook page saying the 2009 model does 250.000 flashes and the 2008 does 140.000 flashes.

Is Boots offer of the week from Monday to Sunday and today is the last day?

Just a gentle bump, the clock is ticking. I googled but couldn't find how Boots weekly offer works.

Just a gentle bump, the clock is ticking. I googled but couldn't find how Boots weekly offer works.
Marina I don't know which days the Boots weekly offers start and finish. If you want to and are thinking it may finish at midnight tonight you could order online and either have it delivered to your local store or free of charge home delivery. If you do order don't forget to put in your advantage card number(if you have one) as you check out, as that's a good offer at the moment. Sorry I can't help answer your question.

Thank you for replying Pandora, I wish I went for the TSV now and had the MBG. It's a lot of money. I think if I order and change my mind I can return it sealed.

Latest posts

Back