Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, wow! It really is all change! Poor Peter, he'll be livid! I must tune in! :grin:

It's the most dramatic change by any of the presenters
he just has to come on shift and do his job - who'da thunk it!
I watched for a couple of minute to see what had changed (I didn't believe he would if I'm honest) and it was quite a surprise
I'm working but I hope someone watches 'the Monday club' tomorrow and lets me know how that goes - the DP/PortelliForeman dynamic will be very interesting to assess under new management!

Indeed deedee, I won't see the first hour but I want to see if they talk about 'Bet', Sky+ is set!

Oh, wow! It really is all change! Poor Peter, he'll be livid! I must tune in! :grin:

Pola it surely had to stop. It came across as ridiculously self indulgent, unfunny, bizarre, amateur talent show mediocrity.

It looks like the new management have issued a strong message that the presenters are on SellyTelly and are not entertainers on a stage and I think they are absolutely spot on, I really do.

Of course the likes of Peter Simon and Mike Mason will have a small following of people who enjoyed their 'act' but I fancy most people (certainly potential new customers) would have taken one look at them in full flow and switched off.

They were so old fashioned not to mention inappropriate for a hopefully profitable, successful shopping channel. It's got to be a good move.

It's the most dramatic change by any of the presenters
he just has to come on shift and do his job - who'da thunk it!
I watched for a couple of minute to see what had changed (I didn't believe he would if I'm honest) and it was quite a surprise
I'm working but I hope someone watches 'the Monday club' tomorrow and lets me know how that goes - the DP/PortelliForeman dynamic will be very interesting to assess under new management!

I shall be watching the 'Monday club'

Is Lee from Ventnor still pencilled in for tomorrow at 4?

Pola it surely had to stop. It came across as ridiculously self indulgent, unfunny, bizarre, amateur talent show mediocrity.

It looks like the new management have issued a strong message that the presenters are on SellyTelly and are not entertainers on a stage and I think they are absolutely spot on, I really do.

Of course the likes of Peter Simon and Mike Mason will have a small following of people who enjoyed their 'act' but I fancy most people (certainly potential new customers) would have taken one look at them in full flow and switched off.

They were so old fashioned not to mention inappropriate for a hopefully profitable, successful shopping channel. It's got to be a good move.

Completely agree! I'd seen Mason's new style but haven't caught Peter Simon for ages!

I'll never understand why they got rid of Andy, though.

Completely agree! I'd seen Mason's new style but haven't caught Peter Simon for ages!

I'll never understand why they got rid of Andy, though.

I suspect Andy will be back, it's just a hunch :mysmilie_59:

Indeed deedee, I won't see the first hour but I want to see if they talk about 'Bet', Sky+ is set!

ok well I'm relying on you and Momma to post something about it
I want the low down on Lee from Ventnor and also how DP and Elisa cope with being compliant

They've gone back to the 'old' Peter show.

Oh well, nice while it lasted. It's back to the normal trash :mysmilie_14:

Let's hope he can at least manage to be compliant, mind you it hasn't improved his sales. 100 Giraffes, sold less than 30.

Thank goodness for that!

I would liken Peter to Christ - he had his own Good Friday moment (and he was crucified on here) and now on his very own version of Easter Sunday he has returned Monologue and all.:mysmilie_13:

Thank goodness for that!

I would liken Peter to Christ - he had his own Good Friday moment (and he was crucified on here) and now on his very own version of Easter Sunday he has returned Monologue and all.:mysmilie_13:

He'd probably like that comparison, as wholly inappropriate as it is :mysmilie_13:

He's even back to the 'we' stories. Maybe they have just canned his extras for his weekend shows?

Prepare for Peter and Elisa having seemingly serious conversations about imaginary people's underwear tomorrow, joy!

Yet another terrible sale though, he barely shifted 20% of the Shower Stool.

Good grief, he just had 159 Old Tupton Vases and spent 10 minutes on them. He had 142 left :mysmilie_13:

But he had a sell out on some Nail Varnish, beauty products definitely seems the best sellers.

He had a sell out of a Snake Serum but it was cheaper than usual and was a larger 50ml size, it flew out.

Then Peter, Paul and even Marina got involved in the sale of 100 bottles Pergolese Night which Peter adores and said is one of his Top 10 fragrances despite him constantly calling it Per-O-Glese, they spent well over 10 minutes on it.

They only sold 15. He said he was shocked it didn't fly out but personally I think £28 all in is a bit of an ask for an unknown fragrance that supposedly smells of white chocolate and kiwi fruit :mysmilie_13:

Despite doing his entrance his style has definitely changed though, he's actually listening to Paul and letting him speak.

Yep Peter Simon is back!!!! I think we all should kneel before the altar that is BID TV...:mysmilie_59:

His power will now grow, cats will live with dogs, the sun will rise in the West...tanzanite will flow for a 1000 years....

They were selling a set of rings but in different ring sizes. I haven't seen them do that for absolutely ages, years in fact. They didn't seem to sell well though.

Then he had 70 Fileep Murrrseeyay watches. Sold 11.

Even the DOTD has only sold 523 upto now. Mind you it's payday for most people this week so things should pick up!

The old Peter was back with aplomb when selling a Jane Packer Gift Set, he was positively screaming with excitement and he even said they were losing their shirts.

It sold ok. 104 available, 54 left when the sale ended.

Indeed deedee, it's a dangerous game to play and it usually ends in tears. It sounded like Peter was just about to mention Bet and Maude during a sale but he stumbled and said something like 'I can think of two people who'd love this'.

I found that quite interesting, I wonder if he's also been told to stop making people and relationships up?

haha, he just can't keep it in! He's going to explode in the next couple of nights :grin:

Simon is like Jason Vorhees - he just keeps coming back for another sequel :mysmilie_13:

I can see tomorrow mornings meeting....

Dr. Green (to PA) - Send Peter Simon to my office asap!

Peter Simon (with fanfare music playing as he enters Dr. Green's office) - You called for me Sir?

Dr. Green - Yes, sit down Peter we need to have a discussion about your performance last night

Peter Simon - Not only did I sell products, not only am I the best presenter, not only do I not have a Larry Grayson slot anymore, not only :mysmilie_512:

Dr. Green - Whilst the scrapping of your on-screen polava monologue was my doing it was for the best Peter, the NHS had sent several referrals for your imminent detention and whilst YOU sell the most products on the channels I couldn't let them take you away...

Peter Simon - does this mean my monologues are restored? :mysmilie_14:

Dr. Green - NO! Did you not hear what I said? Now, about last night...

Peter Simon = Delicious wasn't it?

Dr. Green - for gods sake get over yourself, I thought Mason was bad but for gods sake, just get out of my office! and stop with your on-screen holiday camp performance - we're PROFESSIONALS, PROFESSIONAL YOU BUFFOON!

haha, he just can't keep it in! He's going to explode in the next couple of nights :grin:

Simon is like Jason Vorhees - he just keeps coming back for another sequel :mysmilie_13:

I can see tomorrow mornings meeting....

Dr. Green (to PA) - Send Peter Simon to my office asap!

Peter Simon (with fanfare music playing as he enters Dr. Green's office) - You called for me Sir?

Dr. Green - Yes, sit down Peter we need to have a discussion about your performance last night

Peter Simon - Not only did I sell products, not only am I the best presenter, not only do I not have a Larry Grayson slot anymore, not only :mysmilie_512:

Dr. Green - Whilst the scrapping of your on-screen polava monologue was my doing it was for the best Peter, the NHS had sent several referrals for your imminent detention and whilst YOU sell the most products on the channels I couldn't let them take you away...

Peter Simon - does this mean my monologues are restored? :mysmilie_14:

Dr. Green - NO! Did you not hear what I said? Now, about last night...

Peter Simon = Delicious wasn't it?

Dr. Green - for gods sake get over yourself, I thought Mason was bad but for gods sake, just get out of my office! and stop with your on-screen holiday camp performance - we're PROFESSIONALS, PROFESSIONAL YOU BUFFOON!

Ha Ha :mysmilie_14:

Peter is like that character off Little Britain called Des Kaye (Wicky Woo).

He just can't survive without his stage entrance because he probably still thinks he's on proper telly, even after 20 years! :mysmilie_59:

I bet he still uses manky old BBC plastic cups to sup his coffee from :mysmilie_59: I honestly don't think there's any prescription Doctor Green can give him to cure his condition, just let him do his ****** awful monologues and be done with it :mysmilie_14:

Marina is wearing a size 16 dress pulled and stapled at the rear... She's a size 10....
Peter saying "ladies with lacy bras.....my curvey ladies are in" he was flowing like a blocked u bend!

Marina is wearing a size 16 dress pulled and stapled at the rear... She's a size 10....
Peter saying "ladies with lacy bras.....my curvey ladies are in" he was flowing like a blocked u bend!

Oh they often use the staple or clip trick!

The old buzzard is back!

Latest posts

Back