Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember that well too.

But oh the glamour, eating a home made lunch out of Tupperware. No wonder he harks on so much about the BBC.

nowt wrong with that, I do it most days myself but I never have been on mainstream tv though so it's probably ok for me to have lunch that way?!

nowt wrong with that, I do it most days myself but I never have been on mainstream tv though so it's probably ok for me to have lunch that way?!

Yeah me too but when I walk into work I don't make a grand entrance, bow, and name drop all day (Yves Saint Laurent has never personally given me a bottle of his parfum).

At the very least I'd expect such a big star to have a Pot Noodle.

I don't know whether or not this video has ever been posted here, but it's quite interesting. Is Peter acting or is this for real? It's interesting that Mark tells him not to swear, implying that he often does off camera. I can't reconcile the Dirty Peter in this video with the one who sits at home drinking a malted drink, clutching his worry angels...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbRjMXCoKHw

I've seen him do that sort of thing many times over nigh on 10 years and always thought he was just doing it to be funny, I've seen him smash the bid floor with a bag stand, get angry with assistants and throw and break things many times but its entertaining to watch, I'm sure like everyone he gets angry sometimes, we all would but I think a lot of it is put on for effect right from back in the bid-up days

I've seen him do that sort of thing many times over nigh on 10 years and always thought he was just doing it to be funny, I've seen him smash the bid floor with a bag stand, get angry with assistants and throw and break things many times but its entertaining to watch, I'm sure like everyone he gets angry sometimes, we all would but I think a lot of it is put on for effect right from back in the bid-up days

I'm not so sure, it's only my opinion but I have a feeling mr tom is right, it's the most natural he's been on screen, I feel the bumbling uncle peter routine who says the wrong words, mispronounces things, likes to appear more vulnerable and older than he is and has a malted drink at bedtime is very a cleverly cultivated persona to fool the Bettys, Mauds and Ediths etc. I think there's a rather dark, sinister true personality behind it but that's only my opinion.

Irony being i'd have nothing against his actions as id hate to be disturbed by live tv etc..... except he goes to such lengths to appear like a bumbling grandad

Someone I contacted recently claimed to have met Peter Simon a few years ago and he said that Peter Simon was a really nice person in real life. However, time has moved on and Peter Simon's effectively stuck doing this presenting job for Bid TV because at his age nobody else in the media industry is likely to give him an interview let alone make a promise of any work, so he's trapped in a world of polycotton sheets, Laurelle fragrances and "our Bet" in order to comply with sales targets that management have set for him. Job insecurity, work pressure and a relatively bleak future for him if the company goes bust.

Therefore it's no wonder that he must be extremely upset and angry at times nowadays!

Someone I contacted recently claimed to have met Peter Simon a few years ago and he said that Peter Simon was a really nice person in real life. However, time has moved on and Peter Simon's effectively stuck doing this presenting job for Bid TV because at his age nobody else in the media industry is likely to give him an interview let alone make a promise of any work, so he's trapped in a world of polycotton sheets, Laurelle fragrances and "our Bet" in order to comply with sales targets that management have set for him. Job insecurity, work pressure and a relatively bleak future for him if the company goes bust.

Therefore it's no wonder that he must be extremely upset and angry at times nowadays!

I've always thought, and have said on here, that he's probably quite funny and likeable off camera. What's weird and strangely fascinating is the different personas he seems to adopt depending on what he's selling. The misleading information, truth stretching and inconsistency is what most people object to.

I've always thought, and have said on here, that he's probably quite funny and likeable off camera. What's weird and strangely fascinating is the different personas he seems to adopt depending on what he's selling. The misleading information, truth stretching and inconsistency is what most people object to.

It's quite worrying. As someone who has multiple personalities myself I'd hate to think how Peter Simon conducts himself at home.

Perhaps he gets into character? Wearing a wig and some Tommy & Kate making a cup of tea pretending to be 'Betty' or 'Maud'.

Maybe he's planning on opening a hotel chain called 'Bates Motel'? :mysmilie_5: :sweat:

We all know how Pervy Pete likes to sell to (or con) the pensioners, The other night he was selling some hi viz shade of yellow towels and goes on to say how much EACH towel was rather than the full amount for ALL the towels! Why is he saying how much these would be per towel? We cant buy one towel! If some old dear is hard of hearing and not to quick to pick up on these sales tactics they may think they are getting 4 towels for £2.50 rather than be freed of 2 fivers in Pervy Petes world or in the real world a tenner!

The guy could bamboozle the brainiest of humans!

Remember thought "Just av a buy!" (copyright Pervy Pete)

I was watching the old clip of Peter buying two "wooden" geese live on air on You Tube today and there was not one "not only" to be heard. Made me wonder when all these annoying verbal tics first began to appear?

Watched Peter for a while tonight and he mentioned "curvy" or "voluptuous ladies" at least three times (he never used to). Of course we all know what he's getting at, namely the highly stereotypical, not-so-bright and perceived-to-be-overweight viewer of rubbish shopping channels who may be wrongly flattered by such crass and patronising language.

Watched Peter for a while tonight and he mentioned "curvy" or "voluptuous ladies" at least three times (he never used to). Of course we all know what he's getting at, namely the highly stereotypical, not-so-bright and perceived-to-be-overweight viewer of rubbish shopping channels who may be wrongly flattered by such crass and patronising language.

Especially when he will point out that sabina (as the moron calls her) is a size 16... But then implies that size 28-32 is also curvy.

You sly dog.

Thing is, it was one of those 'catch the light' vases and maybe they are delivered straight from the factory in 3-5 days.........who knows?

Well not one of the other presenters say 3-5 days when they're selling them Momma, I suspect he said it because it's an expensive item.

Latest posts

Back