Percy and Reed TSV 6/8/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Never heard of them is it any good, Im looking for something to replace Ojon which seems to have gone wrong some how, my favourite shampoo of all time has to be Aveda shampure just for the smell

looking at the pictures I could be tempted to give it a go

I've tried Percy & Reed and it was terrible on my hair, made it really lank. It's fine and floppy enough as it is so it needs all the help it can get not something which makes it worse! However, I have no doubt that the brand has probably suited a lot of other people.

I know what you mean about Ojon LL......both OH and I loved it when it first came to QVC and we were fans of Aveda Shampure too.

the worst shampoo for me was the richard ward one made my hair really tangly and dry. stick to pk or ojon

I use Aveda but I've been wanting to try this range for ages, If this is the TSV I think I'll be treating myself to the auto delivery

I tried as many as I could get of the moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, hair treatment and styling cream that came as freebies with Glamour Mag.
Loved them for my highlighted hair and made it smell lovely too for over 24 hours.
My 17 year old daughter with long very thick greasy hair tried it out, but after a couple of washes she needed a break on the conditioning.

Will be very interested in trying the volume versions, to interject with Liz Earle and PK treatment.

I put my hands up and say I got 50mls sizes each of the Dry Shampoo and Conditioner in a SpaceNK goodie bag. Never tried them, mainly due to the time free sizes with one of the mags. So many on Facebook saying how much they hated the products.

Also the bigging themselves up last year saying they where on Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model. Giving the idea it was their products used, in fact I challenged them saying the show was sponsored by Tresimay(sp). They came back and admitted it was their hairdressers from the salon used on the show but not their products.

I've tried Percy & Reed and it was terrible on my hair, made it really lank. It's fine and floppy enough as it is so it needs all the help it can get not something which makes it worse! However, I have no doubt that the brand has probably suited a lot of other people.

I know what you mean about Ojon LL......both OH and I loved it when it first came to QVC and we were fans of Aveda Shampure too.

Same happened to me. I got a free tube of shampoo to try and it left my hair like a chip pan - and mine is quite coarse and wavy, didn't make a difference whether I only used a tiny amount or not, same result, and I didn't like the fragrance. The ingredients list on the back was no different to the cheaper supermarket shampoos either. I went back to my beloved A'Kin.

I had the free shampoo and conditioner with a magazine. Glamour I think?? Anyway, I was very disappointed. My hair is short, but it just wouldn't go right at all after using them. Felt quite sticky too. Am really liking the Liz Earle Shine Treatment currently.

Tons of silicone (dimethicone) in Percy & Read products which is no different to many bog standard shampoos. It's a cheap shine but it wrecks your hair. Any hairdresser will warn of the perils of Pantene, which is also loaded with silicone. Personally I love the Naked hair care and body are range. No silicones and 97% natural. Much cheaper too, usually £4 a bottle, but I stocked up and paid £2 per bottle when there was an online offer recently. My favourite is their Mild shampoo

Sent from my new Apple iPad 32GB WiFi White using Tapatalk

Holy God I'm on my break on night duty and just put the telly on,Alisons hair is a ****** sight 😱😳

I'm not disputing the fact that her hair does look more voluminous , but it just draws attention to the fact that it is so badly cut

You'd think that those prestijuuuus award winning stylists would have managed a free 'do' to showcase their products and alleged talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So glad I read the reviews and posts on here before succumbing to buying this range. My hair is fine n flat and am always on the lookout for 'volumising' ranges. Currently using Leo Bancroft range from tesco but will be trying the Naked range after reading loads of rave reviews for it

I am watching the morning repeat, and I have to say that I think alison's hair has looked better. IMO it looks lank and slightly greasy at the roots. Doesnt make me want to make a purchase I'm afraid. I found my holy grail of shampoo about 18 months ago and have never looked back - I have been using Amara revitilising shampoo since it came to QVC and it is just fab. Because I cant just buy the shampoo on its own from QVC, I now buy it direct from Amara, who are based in Wales, and I buy a one litre pump bottle from them. I have fine hair but lots of it and it is heavy straight hair with a tendancy to lankness and Amara makes my hair feel light and voluminous and shiny!

Tons of silicone (dimethicone) in Percy & Read products which is no different to many bog standard shampoos. It's a cheap shine but it wrecks your hair. Any hairdresser will warn of the perils of Pantene, which is also loaded with silicone. Personally I love the Naked hair care and body are range. No silicones and 97% natural. Much cheaper too, usually £4 a bottle, but I stocked up and paid £2 per bottle when there was an online offer recently. My favourite is their Mild shampoo

Sent from my new Apple iPad 32GB WiFi White using Tapatalk

eekk! what's wrong with pantene?? it's the only thing my hair likes. my hairdresser knows and has never said anything. i won't pay 20 quid for a bottle of shampoo - have done in the past when i was qvc naieve. fell for the michael di cesare spiel and some guy with a long black ponytail. no different to what i buy in asda. but then i have tons of hair so can't speak for those looking for volume.

I used to swear by PK but since my hair has grown I use any old shampoo, no conditioner and my hair is hair and does as hair should! Even though I used to sing the praises of PK I have come to the conclusion it's the old placebo effect :rolleyes:

"I have paid £10 for this bottle of shampoo, see how lovely it makes my hair" :D

But that's just me, too cynical and logical for my own good sometimes!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I am watching the morning repeat, and I have to say that I think alison's hair has looked better. IMO it looks lank and slightly greasy at the roots. Doesnt make me want to make a purchase I'm afraid. I found my holy grail of shampoo about 18 months ago and have never looked back - I have been using Amara revitilising shampoo since it came to QVC and it is just fab. Because I cant just buy the shampoo on its own from QVC, I now buy it direct from Amara, who are based in Wales, and I buy a one litre pump bottle from them. I have fine hair but lots of it and it is heavy straight hair with a tendancy to lankness and Amara makes my hair feel light and voluminous and shiny!

yes, I bought a try me from QVC and really liked what was in the pack. Found it better than PK and Ojon.

Latest posts

Back