Peony Flaaaars TSV Mon 12/11/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was tempted , so glad ive read everyones comments first, and it is very pricey, think im getting carried along with Christmas again. I even like the auto delivery, but im not going to do it.

Um, if the flaaars come from Peony direct, who is raking in the P & P costs ? - Peony or QVC ?

Noticed that a small £12 item has a £4.95 pp - total item cost £17
yet a very large £126 (extortionate) arrangement has a £5.95 pp added on.

Meaning the weight charge is 'only' £1 more ??????? do they pull these figures out of a hat after a few pints ?

The supermarkets and places like Matalan are all selling this type of thing. Maybe not with roses but theres no need to part with over £40 to get this effect.

I can understand the Christmas one if you like that sort of thing, but a wreath in spring, summer and autumn??? Great for a grave but I don't want one on my dining table.

I don't believe for one minute that she's a genuine toff!! I can see her in TOWIE rather than Made in Chelsea.

Has she ever said she LIVES in the big house ? I know she bangs on about the flaaaars and everything being delivered from the 'estate', but its more likely a brick building next to the maintenance block somewhere on the 'estate' - and then she gets access to the big house for promo shoots.

Mention was made about her opening new markets in Japan ? - post and packaging must be cheap then, as it will only be ferry costs from China !!!!!!!

I love an autumn wreath, but have the fun is going to the forrest, getting the moss and pine cones and making it yourself. (ah, childhood memories)

I have just unboxed a very disappointing (bright pink) fake tree - thank goodness it was only £2.44, the box wasn't even big enough so the top was just bent over and shoved in. I did have a look at the wreath as it was on just now, mainly because I started looking for pre-lit wreaths and didn't even realise that's what QVC had for a TSV. Anyone else notice how the website description doesn't give a size? I had to turn the telly on and actually watch the presentation. It looks decent enough and I even like the AD wreaths, but too pricey for what it is.

Mind you, I'm one of those real tree or nothing people but seeing as we're in Germany 15.12. until after the hols there's no point.

I like wreaths. But on the chuffing door or on a wall. I'm not buying but it doesn't look like it would be the sort of thing you could hang on the front door.

I don't know which drone is worse the Peony lady or Anna .....

there was a bunch of roses this morning in a goldfish bowl and it was £130 with the postage. Are they having a larf??!! Then later in the hour the flaaaaarrrrrs lady said that she always has real flowers around the house too and you really cannot tell the difference. Considering she sells these faux flowers at prices like this, plus bottles of flower fragrance - why would she admit to keeping fresh flowers in her own home, contradiction in terms.

Also, why does she pronounce the word flowers as flowers one minute and then flaaaarrrss the next. She's doin' my head in.

i hate the dust on fake flaaaarrs. tbh with the fresh stuff when its dead it goes on the compost bin.

qvc is angering me with all the peony shows. why is it assumed we all have downstairs cloakrooms in which to pop a bunch of faux flowers. This range is so snobby and so is the guest, most of us dont live in houses where we can have multiple arrangements, Julie needs bringing down to earth and would like to see her manage on a council estate. No tafita and £100 silk flowers. QVC needs to stop these elitist ranges.

I undrstand your point Tristar and agree, its all very posh and not how most of us live. But Q dont care who lives on council estates- as long as youre buying those £130 faux flowers, you can live anywhere and anyhow! They are obviously selling to someone and I just hope those buying are not getting into debt.

Why is the Peony guest Julie always wearing a tafta evening dress? On every single show?? Is this how she lives, in silk tafita. The stuff she comes out with. Such a snooty cow. Needs a reality check. Her faux flowers are not all what she makes out.

Peony lady has just described the TSV candle as being a candle which is vanilla and coconut scented. She said it smells so realistically and sooooo strongly of freshly cut grass ..... eh???!!! Why does it not smell of vanilla and coconut Mrs? LOL

I have not yet owned a fake water looking glass vase arrangement that hasn't 'gone off'

Of course, not Peony, (yet) but after about 3 years, the gel 'water' goes yellow or cloudy. I have found this happens with all fake water bunches in glass vases, no matter where purchased, so for that reason, I feel confident they are not future/age proof. This could also be the case with Peony, I cannot think why they should be the exception, when I watch them selling 'bed & breakfast guest house at the seaside' table centres

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back