Penguins

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know this sounds daft but I don't mind a good thriller, mystery, sci-fi etc that contains violence that relevant to the story and dealt with in one scene. I'm a huge Sopranos fan and you can't watch that without wincing a few times!

It's the over-graphic scenes they feel we need to keep seeing again and again throughout that I don't like, especially involving torture, state of bodies etc. I don't watch the news as much these days for the same reasons - or read newspapers. I don't want to be "entertained" to an extreme extent with what happens in the real world to people and animals.

This penguin series has been a real treat.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I know what I mean lol!

I know what you mean too. If there is any mention of a report coming up on the news of animal cruelty, I'm on that remote control changing channels quick as a flash - I find it so upsetting it can affect me for days. I'm ok with certain violence in films but have to leave the room if there are torture scenes. One of the latest Silent Witness episodes had me looking in the fridge for ages for something - anything!! lol.

The good thing about the Penguins is there has been minimal scenes of any harm coming to them, usually a reason I dont watch alot of nature type programs even though I would like to if it wasnt for the relentless animal eating animal scenes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back