Paul Lavers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:happy: I love Paul Lavers, was really lucky to meet him last year when he came in to where I was working as a receptionist. Very, very nice man to talk too. Spent quite a while chatting to him, came over as a really nice genuine person. I asked if I could have his autograph, and because he did not have any photographs with him at the time, he took my details and promised to send a photo in the post. Couple of days later, he sent not one, but two signed photos. Taking this opportunity to thank him for taking the time and trouble to do that. I really miss the good old days with him and Whatters!

another lavers fan here.

rob locke was ok until he got lurve - then he was plain nauseating.

isn't/wasn't dave bradford on IW?

When he moved over to IW he said it was because they allowed him to design and present his own jewellery plus the cleaner. He had a replica of a ring he always wore, don't watch much IW these days,hardly ever in fact, so don't know if he still does jewellery---the ring was called Dave's ring.

I used to doubt QVC would re-employ any of the defectors: Paul Laver, Dave Bradford, Dean Wilson, Whatters (before he died) but Debbie Flint kind of disproves this theory. Although technically Debbie left to write a book with the 2 "secrets of slim people" ladies and was the only one given a proper send off from Q: bunch of flowers and tearful goodbyes on her last show.

How's that book coming along Debbie?

Jude xx

I think there was a Paul Lavers on Gemstv for a while before Steve Bennett bought the company back. However, this gentleman came across as a fairly dull presenter to me, so maybe not the same person. Does anyone know?

I used to doubt QVC would re-employ any of the defectors: Paul Laver, Dave Bradford, Dean Wilson, Whatters (before he died) but Debbie Flint kind of disproves this theory. Although technically Debbie left to write a book with the 2 "secrets of slim people" ladies and was the only one given a proper send off from Q: bunch of flowers and tearful goodbyes on her last show.

How's that book coming along Debbie?

Jude xx

going back to that tv prog abput the launch of IW, i thought it was a big hullaballoo at the time that it was the THREE of them - debbie, paul and whatters, qvc's big 3, who were behind the start of IW??

didn't debbie leave and return to qvc once before? i can remember a send-off when one of them said "you'll miss the discounts" but thought it was before the IW thing.

What about Dave Bradford? Anyone remember him?

Ah yes he was quite intense and nervous always looked like he was going to crack up and sure enough he did, he had quite a bad mental breakdown which he talked about also I believe...

Latest posts

Back