Patrick Moore

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sad to hear, especially just before Christmas.
One of the most influential people in his field without any question, the number of people he & The Sky at Night sparked an interest in in astronomy must be virtually unprecedented. Highly respected & how wonderful to have spent a lifetime studying, talking & writing about a subject you were so passionate about.
RIP Sir Patrick....& thank you.

Men of such rare intellect are hard to find.

I regularly watched Sky at Night, and only last month it was clear that he was weakening.

It brought tears to my eyes to hear that when he knew there was nothing else to be done, Sir Patrick elected to go leave hospital and go home so that he could be with his beloved cat, Ptolemy, at the end.

Men of such rare intellect are hard to find.

I regularly watched Sky at Night, and only last month it was clear that he was weakening.

It brought tears to my eyes to hear that when he knew there was nothing else to be done, Sir Patrick elected to go leave hospital and go home so that he could be with his beloved cat, Ptolemy, at the end.

Indeed. One of the last of the true intellectuals. Such a sad loss to the science world.

On a cheerier note, there has been lots of talk of Neil DeGrasse Tyson doing a new version of Cosmos, and all credit to Brian Cox to raising awareness of science/astronomy to a nation of reality programme addicts.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back