Parcelnet taking over deliveries fron RM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BaxterBailey

Registered Shopper
Hi all,

I was speaking to my parcelnet courier earlier in the week and he mentioned that they had taken over deliveries from Royal Mail.

I haven't thought anything of it until now when I was ordering the Decleor OTO which would have normally be sent RM and it clearly states Parcelnet as the method of delivery.

Wonder if this countrywide or just in this area?

Anyone else heard this?

BB
x

My ParcelNet man is dreadful, he takes much longer than RM to get the goods here and, in the past, some items have arrived damaged. I'm rather annoyed about this. :sad:

My ParcelNet man is dreadful, he takes much longer than RM to get the goods here and, in the past, some items have arrived damaged. I'm rather annoyed about this. :sad:

Mine just dumps them outside the front door (even if it's pouring with rain!), gets back in his van & drives off! He doesn't even bother knocking, ringing the door bell or anything - I've actually sat (less than 10 feet from the front door with a clear view!) & watched him 'delivering' items, it's kinda surreal actually!

Parcelnet is now called Hermes, must ask my courier about RM thing next time I see her. I have had many a Decleor set sent to me through the courier over the years.

I hope they switch to Hermes in my area too, I prefer Hermes to the RM, the Hermes guy in my area is really kind and friendly.:flower:

I just get a man in a car who turns up. If RM deliver its really quick like three days for even big boxes. Parcelnet are much slower, I think because they work hours to suit themselves.

What about small stuff which comes in padded envelops like jewellery.

This means we are paying high p&p for a third class service.

A courier usually delivers my parcels, although they have been delivered by both royal mail and parcelforce.
I would think they will continue to use a courier in my area.

Well the last two parcels I had delivered (last Friday and Saturday) both came by parcelnet and one was just pushed through my letterbox even though my daughter was in the house and it was damaged and wet (as were some of the contents) when I phoned up to complain to QVC the lady said that there were trying out sending parcels that usually go by RM by parcelnet. The second package had half the contents missing and it had been resealed at the top, so I was not happy at all. I phoned the QVC customer services and a lady was very apologetic and said that I would get a replacement within a couple of days (and they would send a label for the other package) Well this was Saturday morning and my replacement is still in process. Also the parcel with the missing contents took 8 days to arrive from when I orderded it, I just hope my other packages dont turn up like this. Sorry for the rant but it puts me off buying from QVC now.

I didn't buy the Decleor TSV because I saw it was parcelnet delivering.
I find it less convenient as they leave parcels anywhere whereas RM takes it back to sorting office if I'm not in and I can collect from there.
I will be buying less from QVC for that reason.

My courier hinted at that too the other day. He said I would be seeing more of him from now on. I must be lucky-my parcelnet courier is fantastic, so this is good news for me. Sorry to crow, as for those of you without reliable couriers, it must drive you crazy.

My Elemis TSV came by parcelnet last week. I thought it strange as Elemis has always been delivered by RM.

Parcelnet are a waste of space.

Still waiting on an item despatched on the 17th by parcelnet, had an email today from QVC to say they can confirm that it was despatched on 17th by parcelnet and to give them to the 28th?

I had placed a later order on 20th that was despatched on the 22nd and delivered 24th. This is why I was quering my older order.

Every time his topic comes up on deliveries and delivery companies there are always mixed services depending on where you are.

I had tracking numbers for my parcels so I could track them on the Hermes Europe website (I asked the customer services at QVC for the tracking numbers, and you enter the number and your postcode on the hermes website and you can see when the parcel was recieved at their hub, when it is recieved at the local depot and when it is delivered to the courier for delivery.

Oh not sure if this is widely known. But Royal Mail have had ongoing one to two days strikes area by area since early July. I only know because ebay put it up as latest news to tell sellers to inform their customers. The last one was 24th and 25th of July. The week before a one day.

My courier hinted at that too the other day. He said I would be seeing more of him from now on. I must be lucky-my parcelnet courier is fantastic, so this is good news for me. Sorry to crow, as for those of you without reliable couriers, it must drive you crazy.

You just wait until your guy goes on holiday:devil::giggle:

Yes it's true - and what's worse, Hermes (which Parcelnet is now called) is paying couriers even less than normal to deliver these QVC parcels. It is only things that are supposed to fit through letterboxes, but so far couriers are getting all sorts of sizes. :(

And yes, the problem with Hermes is they pay really low rates to couriers so it really can depend how good your personal courier is as to what service you get. It will never be as quick as RM because parcels have to be sent via a distribution depot, then to a subdepot/couriers' homes before being out for delivery. Most couriers have to have another job to make ends meet, so yes parcels can arrive at any time of day/evening.

I class myself as a decent courier - I get to know all my customers, where they like their parcels leaving - or if they want to collect from me. I also am prompt (out delivering every morning) ...but this latest move by Hermes (which is a pay cut) has really got me riled and I'm packing it in I think. I've had enough of their attitude towards us - especially as we're classed as self employed so they can treat us like poo. My field manager does nothing but moan moan moan about the silliest of things.

Bad move QVC! You get what you pay for and Hermes' service will get worse as a result of the "enforced arrangement" with couriers.

Wonder about Jewellery though as such small items are not worth hermes delivering as they dont get paid a deal for small packages, so think RM may carry on delivering those.

: 345px-Hermes_Logios_Altemps_33.jpg
Well this is the original Hermes...the deliverer of messages to the gods and now the deliverer of parcels to us. Hope my courier will look like this:tongue2:

Hi all,

I was speaking to my parcelnet courier earlier in the week and he mentioned that they had taken over deliveries from Royal Mail.

I haven't thought anything of it until now when I was ordering the Decleor OTO which would have normally be sent RM and it clearly states Parcelnet as the method of delivery.

Wonder if this countrywide or just in this area?

Anyone else heard this?

BB
x

I have had deliveries from Parcelnet, much better than RM, at least I am home from work when they come and I don't have to drag myself down to the RM sorting office, ring a bell and wait whilst someone decides if they are coming to serve me.

Latest posts

Back